Read 249 times

• chrisy
  • Newgookin

• January 13, 2021, 12:44:52 pm
    • South Korea
Chungdahm/Aclipse - is it worth it?
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:55:55 pm »
Hi everyone!
I was just looking for a little advice on Chungdahm/Aclipse. This is my first time living and teaching abroad and initially everything from CDL looked great so I jumped at the opportunity to move to South Korea. While this issue solely rests with me I have begun reading a lot of reviews online and they seem fairly mixed (though leaning towards the negative). A lot of these reviews however tend to be quite old so I am just wondering if anyone has any up-to-date experiences with the company?
I have already sent my documents over and have been given a start date of the 1st of March with a scheduled arrival date of the 6th of February. In my view this is quite short notice. In addition the contract does not mention paid vacation days or anything related to sick pay (though it does state about health insurance and pension contributions which seem to have been an issue in the past).
Finally, I was told to allocate a certain amount for living there for one month however in my final contract I have now been informed that I will also have to pay 1.4million KRW for quarantine - while this in itself isn't an issue I find it odd that this was not mentioned previously.
Apologies for the lengthy post but any advice/tips/etc would be greatly appreciated!