Read 2270 times

Re: Lauren Southern's "Crossfire" documentary
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 12:47:58 pm »
Again, you really expect us to take you seriously for believing in the white genocide myth?

Like...you really want us to think it's a legitimate thing?? ?
My mistake, I mistyped in response to your negative. I meant "Sure it is a myth/conspiracy theory."

Just to clarify.

But dude, you can't say that in SA it's completely baseless for whites to think they might get Mugabe'd.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:50:04 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 12:56:38 pm »
It's been 30 years since the end of apartheid. No genocide yet.

If their fears were legitimate, it would only be because they were afraid of tasting their own medicine.

Also, mugabe was an ass. However, the British loved him until he decided he wanted the land for himself and his cronies (not average Zimbabweans).

None of that negates the fact that Zimbabwe needed to fight for independence from colonial settler rule...unless you also believe the US should still have to answer to the Crown.

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 01:02:11 pm »
It's been 30 years since the end of apartheid. No genocide yet.
Hence why I said white genocide was a myth...

If their fears were legitimate, it would only be because they were afraid of tasting their own medicine.
What medicine is that? And does this apply to white people born after the end of apartheid.

I think your "taste of their own medicine" comment is revealing. You seem more interested in retribution/collective blame than progress.

Also, mugabe was an ass. However, the British loved him until he decided he wanted the land for himself and his cronies (not average Zimbabweans).

None of that negates the fact that Zimbabwe needed to fight for independence from colonial settler rule...unless you also believe the US should still have to answer to the Crown.
That is all true. It is also irrelevant to whether present concerns are legitimate.

You lot could have left the SA part out of it and just focused on Europe. Instead you doubled down on both without realizing that one has some serious issues.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 01:38:41 pm »
Hence why I said white genocide was a myth...
What medicine is that? And does this apply to white people born after the end of apartheid.

I think your "taste of their own medicine" comment is revealing. You seem more interested in retribution/collective blame than progress.

Again, if white South Africans are afraid of retribution...it's because they are worried about being the subject of what white south africa forced on other south africans for decades.

There's no special meaning in that statement. It's as plain as plain can be.

That is all true. It is also irrelevant to whether present concerns are legitimate.

You lot could have left the SA part out of it and just focused on Europe. Instead you doubled down on both without realizing that one has some serious issues.

Which has serious issues exactly? White genocide is a myth...in Europe, the Americas, Australasia, Asia, Africa and even Antarctica. Doesn't matter where you are on planet Earth...white genocide is a myth.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2021, 01:49:04 pm »
Again, if white South Africans are afraid of retribution...it's because they are worried about being the subject of what white south africa forced on other south africans for decades.
You speak about that as though it is a good thing or at the very least something of a 'balanced' thing. The fact is that we have had 30 years since the end of Apartheid and people who grew up not part of that system.

You say dismiss their fears with what amounts to a shrug of "Well it well could happen and I could care less." and then say that people are irrational for fearing the worst?

White genocide may be a myth but white "something less than genocide, something more than nothing" does not appear to be an illegitimate fear. How about "fear of future systemic racism"? Would that work?

You can't hyperventilate about Trump and call whatsherface batcrap crazy and then casually dismiss Malema.

Again, focus. Learn to pick and choose which ones to call out and which ones to go to bat over.

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 02:00:09 pm »
Lauren Southern has promoted the white genocide conspiracy theory, and many of her claims made in the South African documentary have been thoroughly and indisputably debunked. She didn't make a film about "fear of future systemic racism" - she made a film based on a false narrative of black people killing innocent whites en masse.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 02:01:31 pm »
You speak about that as though it is a good thing or at the very least something of a 'balanced' thing. The fact is that we have had 30 years since the end of Apartheid and people who grew up not part of that system.

I'm saying it as any fears of retribution are unwarranted...also, retribution for what exactly? It seems like you are trying to dance around the question and jumping straight to a conclusion you hope (or want) to be factual.

You say dismiss their fears with what amounts to a shrug of "Well it well could happen and I could care less." and then say that people are irrational for fearing the worst?

White genocide may be a myth but white "something less than genocide, something more than nothing" does not appear to be an illegitimate fear. How about "fear of future systemic racism"? Would that work?

What type of future systemic racism? Racism based on what exactly? Again, try not to dance around the question, trying to reach a conclusion you hope or want to be true.

You can't hyperventilate about Trump and call whatsherface batcrap crazy and then casually dismiss Malema.

Again, focus. Learn to pick and choose which ones to call out and which ones to go to bat over.

Trump is in the most powerful seat  in the country. Trump drives and drove white nationalists. Malema got kicked out of his party. Ironic how you literally dismiss everything Trump has done with his nazi supporters here in the real world, but want us to worry about some guy who may or may not be the bad guy in a debunked conspiracy theory.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 02:55:37 pm »
I'm saying it as any fears of retribution are unwarranted...also, retribution for what exactly? It seems like you are trying to dance around the question and jumping straight to a conclusion you hope (or want) to be factual.
How can you acknowledge Mugabeism and then say their fears are unwarranted. Unlikely? Sure. Completely unwarranted? I would put at smoke detector levels- Odds are your house isn't going to burn down, but it's not unwarranted to be worried about fire.

What type of future systemic racism? Racism based on what exactly? Again, try not to dance around the question, trying to reach a conclusion you hope or want to be true.
There are any number of possible outcomes ranging from South Africa: Land of Racial Peace to South Africa: White Rwanda and anything inbetween. But the fact is that Julius Malema being as popular as he is, is not a stabilizing element and he represents far more of a danger than Trump ever was.

If you can't tell that Malema ACTUALLY IS to what you IMAGINE Trump to be, then you're an idiot.

Trump drives and drove white nationalists.
Yeah, those white nationalists. Really have a decent chance of taking over and are an ever-present threat. Not.

White nationalists are the new AL-QAEDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something naturally panicky people get worked up over and grossly exaggerate their threat and scope.

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 02:57:53 pm »
And again, you could have left SA off the books and just stuck to calling Lauren Southern an idiot conspiracy theorist racist for her crap about Europe.

Then you decided to bring the SA stuff into it and you went too far.

Sort of how, I think it was you, got locked into defending Michael Brown and some of the bad cop shooting cases instead of doing what I did and looking at one and being like "Yeah, that was racist BS by the cops" and another and being like "No, I think this guy was engaging in criminal behavior and was a risk to the life of someone."

Choose better examples.

It's easy. Just do this: "Yeah, Malema is trash and there's some dodgy stuff there. Doesn't change the fact that Lauren Southern is a bat shit crazy racist POS."

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2021, 03:11:04 pm »
How can you acknowledge Mugabeism and then say their fears are unwarranted. Unlikely? Sure. Completely unwarranted? I would put at smoke detector levels- Odds are your house isn't going to burn down, but it's not unwarranted to be worried about fire.

Again...unwarranted .

They loved him when he was willing to play ball with them. So no sympathy there from me.

There are any number of possible outcomes ranging from South Africa: Land of Racial Peace to South Africa: White Rwanda and anything inbetween. But the fact is that Julius Malema being as popular as he is, is not a stabilizing element and he represents far more of a danger than Trump ever was.

Here we are again...with more unwarranted possibilities you're hoping to be right about...without bothering to address the fundamental questions behind why/how those possibilities are even thought of in the first place.

In what situation (or for what reason) would white south africans face retribution or systemic racism?

If you can't tell that Malema ACTUALLY IS to what you IMAGINE Trump to be, then you're an idiot.
Yeah, those white nationalists. Really have a decent chance of taking over and are an ever-present threat. Not.

White nationalists are the new AL-QAEDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something naturally panicky people get worked up over and grossly exaggerate their threat and scope.

I'm the idiot for not caring about a benign bad guy in a debunked conspiracy theory...but the guy actually energising nazis in real time from the most powerful office in the world is the one you want us to dismiss as benign...and you still expect us to take you seriously?

Again...white genocide is a debunked myth regardless of whatever country or continent we're talking about. But keep harping on about SA.

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2021, 06:26:35 pm »
Why the actual **** is this topic still here.

In the past Kyndo has said that he removes topics if he gets a lot of requests for moderation. So if you're offended by the undeniable fact that this is a topic promoting a notorious white supremacist conspiracy theorist just days after the US Capitol was nearly sacked by her ilk, put in a moderation request. Please.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2021, 07:12:07 pm »
Again...unwarranted.

They loved him when he was willing to play ball with them. So no sympathy there from me.

Here we are again...with more unwarranted possibilities you're hoping to be right about...without bothering to address the fundamental questions behind why/how those possibilities are even thought of in the first place.

In what situation (or for what reason) would white south africans face retribution or systemic racism?
Probably about as likely as Nazis and overt white supremacists gaining a major foothold of power in the United States.

I do know this- If Malema ever came to power in SA, unlike Trump where you get a bunch of people talking about how they'd move to Canada or wherever but not doing so, you'd actually legit get people fleeing from SA to relocate.

but the guy actually energising nazis in real time from the most powerful office in the world is the one you want us to dismiss as benign...and you still expect us to take you seriously
I'm taking Nazis and white supremacists about as seriously as you are- Which is to say, arguing about them on waygook.org.

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2021, 07:48:27 pm »
Is it really a conspiracy theory for white people from SA to be nervous considering they live right next to Zimbabwe, land of Mugabe and have Julius frickin Malema as a major political figure?

I'm curious about where this comment came from. Nobody said that this was the nature of the conspiracy theory that Lauren Southern was promoting. She claimed that white South Africans were in the "the beginning stages of what many would call genocide” and exaggerated the extent to which murders of white farmers were a) racially motivated and b) indicative of a genocidal phenomenon. In actual fact, at the same time that she was making these claims, murders of white farmers were at a 20-year-low.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2021, 08:27:19 pm »
Sorry, I have vacation this week, so I don't check comment as often.
And yes, if a topic offends, please report it!

While I think discussions about race relations are both very relevant and interesting, I don't think it's entirely appropriate to have them here on a thread about this particular documentary.
Don't feed the trolls and all that.