Read 3018 times

*44* PowerPoint Games To Use with Any Lesson
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:12:35 pm »
https://www.taysteachingtoolkit.com/

Hey guys!
I've made and redesigned a bunch of PowerPoint game templates for my lessons over the years and I finally decided to launch my own website featuring them all to share with my fellow EFL teachers  :azn:

Some features of my website include:
  • Separate pages for all my games with video previews, screenshots, download links, and detailed descriptions of how to play
  • Games organized by skill focus (listening, speaking, reading, writing, and review) with labels underneath displaying which skills the game utilizes
  • Games having templates for more than one skill focus in the downloadable file (such as if a reading game is also playable as a speaking game)
  • A rating/comment section on each game page, so it's easier to ask questions and leave comments for specific games
  • A blog with tips and tutorials about designing PowerPoint games

This website is meant to be a resource for teachers to download free, easily-editable, high-quality games for their lessons. These games also require little prep work. For most of my games, all you have to do is edit them with the vocabulary or key expressions from your own classes and the games are ready to play! Also, I will continue to add more games to the website as I make them. I hope this can be a great resource you guys  :azn: Enjoy!

Newest Games:
(click the image to go to it's download page)

Other Games:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:12:10 pm by taylerwithane »

Re: *41* PowerPoint Games To Use with Any Lesson
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 12:00:34 pm »
Amazing.  Thank you so much for all your work.  Definitely have used your templates before and they are so well made.

• albie2011
  • Adventurer

• June 08, 2011, 11:50:05 am
    • Hanam-si
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:59:53 pm »
Wow! This is wonderful! Thank you so much! May you get lots of traffic and lots of  good interactions and feedback!
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn? Mr Bennet, 'Pride and Prejudice'

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 05:41:44 pm »
Wow! This is wonderful! Thank you so much! May you get lots of traffic and lots of  good interactions and feedback!

Amazing.  Thank you so much for all your work.  Definitely have used your templates before and they are so well made.

Thank you guys so much and you are so welcome!! ^^

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 02:30:15 pm »
Looking forward to checking these out and adding in some new activities. Thanks for making this site. 

• ak1700
  • Adventurer

• February 27, 2017, 07:47:20 am
    • Ulsan, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 09:39:06 am »
Thank you so much for your hard work. It's very much appreciated!

• cbnaman
  • Newgookin

• December 02, 2020, 01:18:28 pm
    • Seoul, Korea
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 03:31:28 pm »
I am so thankful for your brilliant mind and willingness to share your hard work with other less tech-savvy individuals, like myself. VERY much appreciated!!! ^^

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 08:16:42 am »
Looking forward to checking these out and adding in some new activities. Thanks for making this site. 
Thank you so much for your hard work. It's very much appreciated!
I am so thankful for your brilliant mind and willingness to share your hard work with other less tech-savvy individuals, like myself. VERY much appreciated!!! ^^

You guys are so welcome! Glad I can help you out :)

Re: *42* PowerPoint Games To Use with Any Lesson
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 08:24:46 am »
*NEW GAME*
Bad Luck Billy - Download Here
A new, fun game I based off of Hot Potato to practice reading or speaking. Let me know if you have any questions or find anything I need to adjust in the game. I hope your students enjoy it! :)

How to play:
Everyone stands up. One student reads the word or sentence on the screen. Then, the next student goes. (i.e. The next student reads the same word/sentence on the screen- think of Hot Potato, but with words.) At a random time, Billy will be struck by lightning. Whichever student is reading when he gets struck is out (they sit down). The teacher then moves onto the next slide and the game continues. The last student standing is the winner! Further instructions on how to play and edit the game can be found in the notes section of each slide.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:07:21 am by taylerwithane »

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 08:25:57 am »
Hi everyone!

I'm excited to announce a brand new feature on my website: an online teaching category! I've gotten many questions about whether my games can be used for online/Zoom lessons. Also, if so, which ones? Now, if you see this icon under a game, that means it can be used for online teaching.

Currently, a total of 18 of my 42 games are ready for online use. For most of these games, it's the same version as you would use in class. However, I did modify some games to make them better suited for online. In those cases, I provide a separate download link under the main download button where you can find those modified versions. There are also additional notes in the "Variations" section of their game descriptions.

Finally, if you use a game not currently listed for online use in one of your online classes, let me know! I would very much appreciate your help expanding this category, and I'm sure it would be so helpful for other teachers, too.

I hope you all find this new feature helpful  :azn:

• Keke_92
  • Newgookin

• April 06, 2020, 02:57:05 pm
    • Gyeonsan-si
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 09:47:25 am »
Thank you for sharing! I look forward to trying these with my middle school girls. Thank you once again!  ;D

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2021, 09:24:37 pm »
Thank you for sharing! I look forward to trying these with my middle school girls. Thank you once again!  ;D

You are so welcome! ^^

Re: *43* PowerPoint Games To Use with Any Lesson
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 08:24:56 am »
*NEW GAME*
Word Sudoku - Download Here
You can create your own worksheet by mixing and matching Sudoku puzzles of different difficulties (4x4, 6x6, and 9x9). It's a great activity to practice reading, writing, as well as problem-solving skills. It also makes a great early finisher or extra time worksheet. Plus! It's adaptable for online teaching (see the game page for more details).

How to play:
This game is played exactly like the original Sudoku puzzles, but in place of numbers there are letters (EX: 1 = A, 2 = B, 3 = C, etc.). You can play with vocabulary words or key sentences as well! To put together your worksheet, first copy and paste one or more of the 18 pre-made puzzles onto the worksheet slide (first slide). Then, if playing with words or sentences instead of letters, replace the letters accordingly (EX: A = Word/Sentence 1, B = Word/Sentence 2, C = Word/Sentence 3, etc.). Finally, resize and adjust the puzzles on your worksheet as you see fit and print! I have also included an instruction PPT to help students who have never played understand the game. NOTE: Use the link below the main download button to download the instruction PPT with Korean translations.

Screenshots:

• ak1700
  • Adventurer

• February 27, 2017, 07:47:20 am
    • Ulsan, South Korea
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 08:30:07 am »
Thank you so much for your ppts

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2021, 09:13:27 am »
Wow! Thank you so much for all your effort and for sharing these!  ;D

• ka1112
  • Newgookin

• July 11, 2013, 01:45:56 pm
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 09:52:26 am »
Thanks

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 12:20:29 pm »
WOW! This is awesome. I will be new to Zoom soon, so looking forward to testing some of these out!

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 09:48:46 am »
You guys are so welcome!! So happy to help out  ;D

Re: *44* PowerPoint Games To Use with Any Lesson
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 12:19:32 pm »
*NEW GAME*
Lucky Strike - Download Here
A new, carnival-themed game where students practice their reading and/or speaking skills while competing to see who will reach the bell of their high striker first. This game has a similar concept to my Go for the Goal board game, except with added game mechanics, students play in 2 teams, and there are no extra materials to prepare outside the PowerPoint. I tested it with 9 classes of 5th graders (26 students in each) the other week and it was a huge hit in every class! Let me know if you have any questions or find anything I need to adjust in the game. I hope your students enjoy it! :)

How to play:
Divide your class into two teams. Each team has a goal. In each round, one person from each team stands up. First, they say the word or sentence highlighted in yellow next to the puck (see the screenshots for examples). Then, they do Rock, Paper, Scissors. Whoever wins gets to move their team's puck toward their goal (win with rock = move 3 spaces, win with paper = move 2 spaces, win with scissors = move 1 space). The teacher moves the puck by clicking the hammer images next to the goals. However, only one puck can advance toward a goal at a time. Meaning, if Team 1s puck is moved two spaces up toward their goal, then Team 2 can only start moving their puck up toward their goal when Team 1s puck reaches the bottom of their goal. So, in order to move Team 1s puck down, Team 2 has to beat them is Rock, Paper, Scissors (a little confusing to explain, see the PowerPoint or video on the game page for a more visual explanation).

Then, two new students stand up and repeat the process. Once a team hits their goal, they get to spin the carnival wheel for points. After spinning the wheel, the game continues and they play again until someone hits their goal again. The team with the most points when time is up or reaches a certain number of points wins! Further instructions on how to play and edit the game can be found in the notes section of each slide.

Screenshots:

• respirit
  • Explorer

• July 20, 2019, 09:31:08 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
Re: *44* PowerPoint Games To Use with Any Lesson
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2021, 12:45:44 pm »
Thank you for your contribution :)