Read 1679 times

• Teacheng
  • Adventurer

• November 20, 2020, 01:23:33 am
    • US
For each opening, how many applicants are there?
What would be some of the reasons that one applicant get the job over another?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:42:42 am by Teacheng »

I would imagine in normal years there are a lot of applicants, but this year........

• Teacheng
  • Adventurer

• US
Is it because people are afraid of getting covid while teaching in-person classes?

possibly, but people just aren't traveling abroad

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Last I heard in the newsletter it was seventy twelve applicants per position.  Height plays a big role in getting the job over other applicants but shoe size has become less important over the last few years Iíve found (much to my detriment.). The importance of the contents of your pencil case has remained constant, however. 

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
Last I heard in the newsletter it was seventy twelve applicants per position.  Height plays a big role in getting the job over other applicants but shoe size has become less important over the last few years Iíve found (much to my detriment.). The importance of the contents of your pencil case has remained constant, however. 
I'm starting to think that you might be getting a bit tired of Teacheng   :P

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
I'm starting to think that you might be getting a bit tired of Teacheng   :P

Not at all. I just have a hard time believing itís a legitimate poster. So, just responding in kind.  His questions are just so broad that theyíre either not serious or theyíre a high school BTS fan that dreams of coming here some day. All in fun.

All the Korean principals insist on 8 foot tall blonde Canadian girls, so good luck if you aren't in this demographic!
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Teacheng
  • Adventurer

• US
I emailed EPIK and they said they had more applicants for 2021 than other times and the competition rate is 2.5 per position.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:15:16 am by Teacheng »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
I emailed EPIK and they said they had more applicants for 2021 than other times and the competition rate is 2.5 per position.

Applications spiked in 2009 during the Great Recession too.  It can be temporary or a new long term trend.  Lets see what happens.