Read 21279 times

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Trump permanently banned from twitter
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2021, 04:37:49 am »
Why are you all so scared of him if he isnít?    Pete Buttigug is in the news today talking about him.
You donít believe in ratings?  Are you crazy or something?    What donít you get about NUMBER ONE.
Live in your small delusional world.
ďNo one in this world, so far as I know ó and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me ó has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2021, 07:37:18 am »
Heís crushing it every night and it is news.  Most of the other trash on fox isnít news.  We know that rox wants to sell out and go back to the rino news, supporting wars and big pharma etc. 
No one cares what people on Fox News say about Carlson itís his ship and he is the captain.  They will keep him on and like it because if they let him go they lose their audience and they can no longer be the one controlled opposition channel,
He's popular. A decent entertainer. But not a news presenter. The latter was explicitly stated in the channel's legal defense.
If you don't want to be a laughing stock, I would suggest not getting your news from his show. Or at the very least, verify the information you get before spreading it around.

« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2021, 07:41:56 am »
You donít believe in ratings?  Are you crazy or something?    What donít you get about NUMBER ONE.
lmao "you don't believe in ratings?"

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2021, 02:28:03 pm »
He's popular. A decent entertainer. But not a news presenter. The latter was explicitly stated in the channel's legal defense.
If you don't want to be a laughing stock, I would suggest not getting your news from his show. Or at the very least, verify the information you get before spreading it around.
If I don't want to be a laughing stock?  Like saying in 2015 that Trump would be president?
He's not an entertainer.  He is a very good journalist.  I don't see anyone ask questions as well as he does.  You are talking about laughing stock?!!!!   Have you seen the press and how they treat Joe Biden?  What's your favorite ice cream Joe?
How about Rachel Madcow or Brian Stelter?  What about Don Lemon?  Didn't he get in trouble for grabbing a guy and molesting him.
This is your serious journalist.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 02:31:03 pm by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2021, 02:33:55 pm »
lmao "you don't believe in ratings?"

wtf is this?
Bonzai!

« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2021, 02:42:14 pm »
people watch significantly less TV than they used to. no one cares about ratings, dude. it's like CD sales. it's 2021. i don't believe in TV ratings is what im trying to say. they're not real

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2021, 04:39:25 pm »
If I don't want to be a laughing stock?  Like saying in 2015 that Trump would be president?
I don't see anyone ask questions as well as he does.  You are talking about laughing stock?!!
His own network explicitly stated that nothing he says should be considered as news.
Relying on a reporter who isn't even backed by their own network as your primary source of news could lead to quite some embarrassment.

I'm not saying that he's not clever, witty, interesting, or whatever, but, you know, do fact checking!

« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2021, 05:27:45 pm »

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2021, 07:59:37 pm »
John Stossel, Bill Maher and now Tucker Carlson. This elevator seems to be going down.

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2022, 07:47:48 pm »
Elon Musk would likely cancel the ban.

"April 14 (Reuters) - Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk took aim at Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) with a $43 billion cash takeover offer on Thursday, with the Tesla CEO saying the social media company needs to be taken private to grow and become a platform for free speech....

"Musk, a self-described 'free speech absolutist,' has been critical of the social media platform and its policies, and recently ran a poll on Twitter asking users if they believed it adheres to the principle of free speech. More than 70% of the 2 million votes cast said 'No'.

"After Twitter banned former President Donald Trump over concerns around incitement of violence following last year's U.S. Capitol attack by his supporters, Musk tweeted: 'A lot of people are going to be super unhappy with West Coast high tech as the de facto arbiter of free speech.' "
https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon-musk-offers-buy-twitter-5420-per-share-2022-04-14

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2022, 07:54:45 pm »
Musk is a great engineer but otherwise a loose cannon due to his "technologist" beliefs.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2022, 07:40:57 am »
Musk is a great engineer but otherwise a loose cannon due to his "technologist" beliefs.

those technologist beliefs are also what probably prompts him to push the envelope on things like mars exploration where other companies will not. gotta take the good with the bad, i suppose  :undecided:

« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2022, 08:17:38 am »
If only the UK wanted to switch 100% to electric vehicles, we'd need to triple the global production of lithium.

It's NOT happening.

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2022, 08:24:22 am »
Musk is a great engineer like Steve Jobs was, which is probably not that great. He wasn't a founder of Tesla, he bought it. He's a great businessman, maybe a great ideas guy, but when it comes to engineering, not so sure. He does have a degree in physics though.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2022, 09:25:22 am »
If only the UK wanted to switch 100% to electric vehicles, we'd need to triple the global production of lithium.

It's NOT happening.

Pretty easy to do if they figure out how to effectively filter lithium from sea water: it's about 0.2 ppm lithium which means that there are literal gigatonnes of the stuff out there for the taking.
Combine this with conventional desalinization and you'd also have nearly unlimited potable water.

But...

From what I remember about these processes, the bottle neck here is energy: doing either of the above at a viable commercial scale requires *immense* amounts of power. This'll be viable when ITER finally gets all the kinks worked out, but until then, I'd have to agree: we're stuck with at least some CO2 for the time being.  :sad:

Also, keep in mind that while lithium is the current poster child for efficient/convenient/portable energy storage, it isn't the be-all end-all. There's a lot of promising research going into the development of sodium batteries. Sodium is far more abundant, and much easier to source. Heck, you could mine your local McD's and get all the sodium you need to run a couple dozen cars from a single Happy Meal!  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 09:36:28 am by Kyndo »

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2022, 11:51:12 am »
Even if Musk takes it over and goes back to free speech I don't think Trump wants to come back.  Twitter should just go bankrupt along with every other stupid woke company. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are losers who are blocked.  Good riddance to them. They will still be in Korea 10 years from now unless they are retired.  Either way, they will be poor since all they know how to do is troll rather than work for something more

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2022, 07:57:29 pm »
those technologist beliefs are also what probably prompts him to push the envelope on things like mars exploration where other companies will not. gotta take the good with the bad, i suppose  :undecided:
I don't see the connection with a philosophy that espouses replacing politicians and bankers with technocrats.