Read 18924 times

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Trump permanently banned from twitter
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2021, 01:44:12 pm »
who is they? specifically jack dorsey? the twitter board of directors? every twitter employee?

Pretty much.  The woke employees wanted to ban him for years but Dorsey was too afraid to when Trump was in office.  He sure was brave to do so as he was almost out the door. 

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2021, 01:46:08 pm »
Pretty much.  The woke employees wanted to ban him for years but Dorsey was too afraid to when Trump was in office.  He sure was brave to do so as he was almost out the door.

https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-says-algorithm-biased-toward-right-wing-politicians-conservatives-2021-10

"In six out of seven countries — all but Germany — Tweets posted by accounts from the political right receive more algorithmic amplification than the political left when studied as a group," Rumman Chowdhury, director of software engineering, and Luca Belli, staff machine learning researcher, wrote in a blog published on Thursday.
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" - hangook77

« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2021, 01:48:24 pm »
ok so jack dorsey, the twitter board of directors, and most twitter employees (~5000 people) are wielding twitter, a multi-billion dollar social media company, to silence right-wing leadership voices because ...?

« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2021, 02:30:18 pm »
Twitter doesn't really care. They may apply standards inconsistently at times (more with China than conservatives) and that does need to be addressed, but Twitter is not looking to censor PragerU or throttle back tweets calling for tax cuts or monetary policies that benefit the wealthy or deregulation.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #204 on: October 25, 2021, 03:22:57 pm »
ok so jack dorsey, the twitter board of directors, and most twitter employees (~5000 people) are wielding twitter, a multi-billion dollar social media company, to silence right-wing leadership voices because ...?

I'm fairly sure that "algorithmic amplification" is pretty much the opposite of "jack dorsey et al are wielding twitter" ...

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #205 on: October 25, 2021, 09:07:28 pm »
They don't like opinion that isn't moving towards the far left or anyone who poses a threat to their ideology.  Of course they had to "tolerate" him while President but when they thought he was out the door or close to it, they banned him on the way out for made up excuses which they would have done eventually anyways.  Seems cowardly to me. 
You're so far off base my dead grandmother could pick you off.

Their algorithms favor opinions that stoke up users, that get them upset, angry or even in extreme cases, motivated to go out and kill. That's what butters their bread.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2021, 01:24:22 am »
From Facebook employees:

""This is not a new problem," one employee wrote on Facebook's Workplace messaging system, according to a new report from the Washington Post. "We have been watching this behavior from politicians like Trump, and the — at best — wishy washy actions of company leadership, for years now. We have been reading the [farewell] posts from trusted, experienced and loved colleagues who write that they simply cannot conscience working for a company that does not do more to mitigate the negative effects on its platform."

Another employee wrote bitterly on Workplace: "Never forget the day Trump rode down the escalator in 2015, called for a ban on Muslims entering the US, [and] we determined that it violated our policies, and yet we explicitly overrode the policy and didn't take the video down. There is a straight line that can be drawn from that day to today, one of the darkest days in the history of democracy and self-governance. Would it have made a difference in the end? We can never know, but history will not judge us kindly."

A third employee recalled the anger in June 2020, after Black Lives Matter protesters had been forcibly cleared from a park next to the White House before Trump walked through for a photo opportunity during which he denounced the demonstrations, the Post reports.

"Employees have been crying out for months to start treating high-level political figures the same way we treat each other on the platform. That's all we're asking for," the employee wrote. "Last we spoke, innocent protesters were tear-gassed under the orders of a political figure whose message was amplified. Today, a coup was attempted against the United States. I hope circumstances aren't even more dire next time we speak."

In fact, another recent whistleblower indicates that Breitbart and Steve Bannon were given free reign rein on Facebook.

Facebook reportedly exempted the right-wing site Breitbart and other "select publishers" from rules against spreading false news reports, according to a new whistleblower who filed a complaint against the social-media company with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday.

The whistleblower, a former member of Facebook's Integrity team, told the Washington Post that Joel Kaplan, a former Bush administration official who led the company's Public Policy team, once defended the decision to "white list" Breitbart.

"When a person in the video conference questioned this policy, Kaplan, the vice president of global policy, responded by saying, 'Do you want to start a fight with Steve Bannon?'" the whistleblower told the Post.

But one can't place all the blame on Facebook when millions of Americans are more than happy to click on and re-post the lies of shady operators like trump and bannon. Uneasy lies the head that sleeps on a my pillow.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2021, 02:29:24 am »
I wonder if he will continue to get banned in light of all the info coming out about he feds infiltrating and orchestrating the jan 6 th production.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/meet-ray-epps-the-fed-protected-provocateur-who-appears-to-have-led-the-very-first-1-6-attack-on-the-u-s-capitol/
Bonzai!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2021, 05:39:33 am »
I wonder if he will continue to get banned in light of all the info coming out about he feds infiltrating and orchestrating the jan 6 th production.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/meet-ray-epps-the-fed-protected-provocateur-who-appears-to-have-led-the-very-first-1-6-attack-on-the-u-s-capitol/
Yea and remember how the terrorist beheadings were CIA psyops--the plastic chairs were a dead giveaway.

An "undercover" FBI agent using his real name doesn't make much sense.

« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2021, 08:22:51 am »
I'm fairly sure that "algorithmic amplification" is pretty much the opposite of "jack dorsey et al are wielding twitter" ...

im trying to see into the mind of hangook, i wasn't responding to DLo

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2021, 08:29:07 am »
im trying to see into the mind of hangook, i wasn't responding to DLo
I, too, want a glimpse into that brilliant mind
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" - hangook77

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2021, 08:36:57 am »

if anything dorsey was brave not to ban him all those years, lol. the only reason he was able to justify keeping him on vs all the backlash was because trump was president. i'm sure trump has at least one intern savvy enough to get around an ip ban btw, but theres no benefit to trump in twitter when he isnt able to slap his brand all over the account.

« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2021, 10:21:41 am »
Based on my observation the algorithm seems to favor Kpop stans, amplifying the Messi vs. Ronaldo debate, Ben Simmons drama, something something Cardi B, and OleOut/ArtetaOut/NunoOut depending on whose team had a meltdown that weekend.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2021, 02:12:03 pm »
Yea and remember how the terrorist beheadings were CIA psyops--the plastic chairs were a dead giveaway.

An "undercover" FBI agent using his real name doesn't make much sense.

So Ray Epps and Stewart Rhodes were not feds?  Did you even read the article? Or watch video in the link?   He is obviously a fed, the feds according to Christopher Wray infiltrated all the groups.  The Gretchen the witch whitmer kidnapping plot was also instigated by the feds.  They were the leaders.  Quite astonishing really.  It means we have unelected  people working in the intelligence agencies taking out an elected president and his supporters.
Bonzai!

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2021, 03:11:09 pm »
Were they actually feds? No proof that they were, as of yet.
Were they on the job? This would also need to be proven even if the first has been established as true.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2021, 04:57:32 pm »
Were they actually feds? No proof that they were, as of yet.
Were they on the job? This would also need to be proven even if the first has been established as true.
There doesn’t seem to ba any explaining other than fed. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOcrRz_eHUs

Got aired tonight on tucker Carlson.  Maybe our future president.
Bonzai!

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2021, 05:18:19 pm »
There doesn’t seem to ba any explaining other than fed. 

Got aired tonight on tucker Carlson.  Maybe our future president.

The Fox News legal team is ... claiming that (a) what Carlson says isn’t news; (b) he doesn’t necessarily do any research; and (c) what he says isn’t necessarily true.
“Would a reasonable viewer be coming here [to ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’] and thinking, ‘This is where I’m going to be hearing the news of the day’?” Fox News attorney Erin Murphy asked in a hearing-via-telephone. ... in an earlier court filing, Murphy referred to “Tucker Carlson Tonight” as “hyperbolic opinion commentary,” not “sober factual reporting.”

In other words, only an idiot believes anything on Tucker Carlson's show.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2021, 01:55:34 am »
The Fox News legal team is ... claiming that (a) what Carlson says isn’t news; (b) he doesn’t necessarily do any research; and (c) what he says isn’t necessarily true.
“Would a reasonable viewer be coming here [to ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’] and thinking, ‘This is where I’m going to be hearing the news of the day’?” Fox News attorney Erin Murphy asked in a hearing-via-telephone. ... in an earlier court filing, Murphy referred to “Tucker Carlson Tonight” as “hyperbolic opinion commentary,” not “sober factual reporting.”

In other words, only an idiot believes anything on Tucker Carlson's show.

He’s crushing it every night and it is news.  Most of the other trash on fox isn’t news.  We know that rox wants to sell out and go back to the rino news, supporting wars and big pharma etc. 
No one cares what people on Fox News say about Carlson it’s his ship and he is the captain.  They will keep him on and like it because if they let him go they lose their audience and they can no longer be the one controlled opposition channel,
Bonzai!

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2021, 02:21:22 am »

Why are you all so scared of him if he isn’t?    Pete Buttigug is in the news today talking about him.
You don’t believe in ratings?  Are you crazy or something?    What don’t you get about NUMBER ONE.
Live in your small delusional world.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 02:36:06 am by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2021, 02:46:43 am »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/10/transportation-secretary-pete-buttigieg-ignores-supply-chain-crisis-focus-tucker-carlson/

Why isn’t Pete Buttigieg  focusing on supply chain issues and instead he is thinking of Tucker Carlson?  Must be a  pretty insignificant guy.

Oh and the left and you still can’t meme.  It must be because lying doesn’t allow you to make any deeper point, but just comes off as mean and totalitarian.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 02:49:35 am by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!