Read 1182 times

• ChiSunIm
  • Veteran

• September 06, 2012, 01:11:23 pm
    • Daegu
Daekyo / Cheonjae Textbook Revision
« on: December 22, 2020, 10:23:19 am »
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew when Daekyo and Cheonjae are set to revise their textbooks. I want to get started on next year's lessons but didn't want to jump the gun to find that they are scheduled to put out a revision soon.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Daekyo / Cheonjae Textbook Revision
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 01:55:05 pm »
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew when Daekyo and Cheonjae are set to revise their textbooks. I want to get started on next year's lessons but didn't want to jump the gun to find that they are scheduled to put out a revision soon.

The textbooks usually update every 4 years or so.  Gr 3 and 4 came out in 2018 and Gr 5 and 6 came out in 2019 (meaning these books are 2 years in 2019 and 2020.  You can re use again for 2021 and 2022.) 

In Middle School, the books update one year at a time.  Gr 1 one year and then new Gr 2 book the next year and then new gr 3 the year after that.  I believe these also last for 4 years.  But you may want to double check with your co teachers on that. 

AS for elementary, you can make your own materials and use another year or two or just download from here.  Usually by the 2 year midway point, there is a lot of decent stuff on here.  Gr 3 and 4, this will be the last year before an update (at least based on past precedent). 

So, I really  wouldn't bother making anything new for 3 and 4.  But, the good news is that those books have more simple vocabulary words and expressions.  So, moving to the new books by 2022 means only a very slight and light revision.  You can mostly reuse 90% of it.  (Though the order may be moved around and switched between gr 3 and gr 4.  IE  Cheonje "Don't" lesson gr 4.  But one of the YBM books "Don't" lesson is gr 3. )

• ChiSunIm
  • Veteran

• September 06, 2012, 01:11:23 pm
    • Daegu
Re: Daekyo / Cheonjae Textbook Revision
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 02:02:01 pm »
The textbooks usually update every 4 years or so.  Gr 3 and 4 came out in 2018 and Gr 5 and 6 came out in 2019 (meaning these books are 2 years in 2019 and 2020.  You can re use again for 2021 and 2022.) 

In Middle School, the books update one year at a time.  Gr 1 one year and then new Gr 2 book the next year and then new gr 3 the year after that.  I believe these also last for 4 years.  But you may want to double check with your co teachers on that. 

AS for elementary, you can make your own materials and use another year or two or just download from here.  Usually by the 2 year midway point, there is a lot of decent stuff on here.  Gr 3 and 4, this will be the last year before an update (at least based on past precedent). 

So, I really  wouldn't bother making anything new for 3 and 4.  But, the good news is that those books have more simple vocabulary words and expressions.  So, moving to the new books by 2022 means only a very slight and light revision.  You can mostly reuse 90% of it.  (Though the order may be moved around and switched between gr 3 and gr 4.  IE  Cheonje "Don't" lesson gr 4.  But one of the YBM books "Don't" lesson is gr 3. )

Wow.  Thanks for the detailed response!  :)