Read 163977 times

• Sikered
  • Waygookin

• March 01, 2017, 08:20:34 am
    • Busan South Korea
Re: LASIK/LASEK/Laser Eye Surgery in Korea MEGATHREAD
« Reply #380 on: September 05, 2017, 07:59:25 pm »
I've read through over half this thread, I'm looking at getting lasek at either BGN Busan or Sojunnhan clinic at Centum City. Has anyone been to either clinic, and how was your experience? I can't seem to find much in the way of negative in either, though BGN does a lot more publicity (Facebook, Twitter, ads ect).

Editing this in cause I had lasik.

I went with the SMILE LASIK at BGN in Busan. The translator was amazing there and answered every question (was also just a nice person to talk to) but I've heard she's since left. That said, most of the staff knows English for the tests. The doctors can speak decent english and answer questions you might have. The entire clinic is very clean and welcoming.

My surgery was 2.6mil for the 'foreigner' discount. I had surgery the same day with a friend so we got another 50k taken off. I had Surgery on Sept. 30th. It's now dec 14th.

I can see VERY well and knew immediately after the surgery my vision was much better. I have a little sensitivity going from inside to outside, but it adjusts quickly and is no problem. I have no floaters, no blind spots, no dry eyes (more than I already had).

I have a bit of night halo but it doesn't affect me any worse than my glasses did at night. Over all, super worth the money.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:34:10 pm by Sikered »

« Reply #381 on: February 04, 2018, 08:43:01 pm »
I had Lasek surgery just over 6 months ago now so wanted to update this thread with my experience.

After reading through this thread, I went for an initial consultation at BGN Eye clinic in Seoul. They have dedicated English translators and they are very helpful. The clinic is clean, the staffs were helpful and there's lots of information around to read regarding the different kinds of surgeries. At the time of the consultation, I was undecided about which surgery to go for. During the consultation, the information they provided about the different surgery options available was very good, but when I asked for numbers regarding cases which had complications afterward I was told the number was zero, which I find very hard to believe. After this, I did extensive research into the possible complications of each surgery and the probability of something going wrong.

Initially, I was tempted by the SMILE Lasik as it seemed the least invasive and would have a very quick recovery time. However, through my research I decided that this procedure was still too new and standard Lasik had a higher chance of flap-related complications, so I opted for Lasek.

On the day of the surgery, I had to have the tests again as I had worn contact lenses the day before my initial consultation and you have to have a week of no lenses in order for the tests to be accurate. Before the surgery, I collected the prescription and went straight to the pharmacy - I can't stress enough how much I recommend doing this! The surgery itself took around 10 minutes. It was very nerve-wracking so I was pleased it was a quick procedure. Luckily, I had read about the smell so that didn't shock me at all. I had arranged for a friend to meet me after the surgery and I was so glad I did. I didn't feel any pain but by the time we had caught a taxi on the street my eyes were refusing to stay open and were streaming uncontrollably so it was impossible to see. I also couldn't look at my phone as my eyes were too sensitive to the light from the screen so my friend had to look up the passcode for my accommodation for me. Once in the apartment, my friend helped me to find my PJ's and made me dinner - all of this I would have been unable to do by myself.

The next morning, my vision was extremely foggy in one eye and I panicked. Suddenly it dawned on me that I might be in the tiny percentage of people whose vision would be permanently damaged as a complication from the surgery. That sense of fear is a feeling I will never forget. I went straight back to the clinic but was given the all clear and was told that it was just due to the eye having a higher myopia. By the time I was leaving the clinic, the haze had thankfully cleared up!

Over the next two days, I was unable to use a computer, my phone or watch TV. But I did not have any pain, just mild discomfort but nothing really that bothersome. My eyes got tired very quickly, so I spent a lot of time having naps or listening to audiobooks with my eyes closed. By day three, I was meeting friends for short lunches or going to the shops for an hour and I could just about look at a screen, but I tried not to as I didn't want to strain my eyes any further or hinder their recovery in any way.

After 5 days the contact lens 'bandage' was removed and I had another checkup 7 days later where they told me my vision was 20/20 but over the next few weeks, my eyesight was up and down. Some days my left eye would be a little blurry and some days my right eye but all in all the vision was good. By the one month checkup, my eyesight had stabilized and was really clear. I was suffering from slight dry eyes and was directed to use the tears every 2 hours. At the second month check up, they were amazed as my corneas had healed fully and I no longer needed medicated eye drops and my next check up would be in a years time.

Wearing sunglasses outside all the time was a slight inconvenience but you get used to it pretty quickly. I still use the tears every now and again but don't really need them as I don't have a dry eye problem, it's mainly when I've been staring at the computer for too long or the dust levels are bad. I do have halos and starbursts which started around the second month after surgery. They're not too bad, probably less than when I was wearing contact lenses but it can be a little uncomfortable in the night.

I'm really pleased with the results and for anyone thinking of having it done, I would suggest doing extensive research into the different kinds of surgery and their risk.

« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2020, 04:57:10 pm »
I went with a ReLEx SMILE surgery at BGN Eye Clinic Gangnam!  ;D ;D This clinic was very nice and clean.
I wasn't kinda in a good mood on that day (!), but still, everyone was so friendly to me.... :azn:
The translator over there was amazing!! She answered all my questions (even weird ones) and helped me with all examinations. Also, she was holding my hand during surgery, which really helped a lot,...... cuz I was about to freak out!!
It's been about 6 months but I am really satisfied with my vision. At first, I could feel some dryness and halos at night but now it's almost gone  :huh:
So I highly recommend them!!

P.S. Also I found out they have more discount for the same-day surgeries even comparing to other branches. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2020, 01:06:54 pm »
Someone sent me this a long time ago.  I never found the exact muscle or string above or below the eye.  But I do pull on the eye above and below up and down every night sometimes.  (I pull up and down in the general area, I guess.)  Not sure how much effect it has.  But can't hurt.  Optometrist in Canada a couple of years ago, said my eyesight was better than many my age (though I am still not too old).  So, take it as you will.  Not sure what to think of any other videos.  I am only commenting on this one specifically (as an older relative sent it to me). 

She says in the video the Chinese government didn't want to buy people glasses so gave them these exercises to do long ago.  Maybe during Mao's time.  I haven't researched these facts independently myself. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ThSdna-_4

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:08:27 pm by hangook77 »

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2020, 01:12:14 pm »
optometrists hate her...
more gg more skill

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2020, 01:21:34 pm »
optometrists hate her...

Probably.  Ha ha.  Still a variety of other problems to contend with and still a large need for them though.