Read 20086 times

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
Re: Answers to burning questions we have about Korea
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2020, 08:52:12 am »
same, although I also gotta say for people who complain about Martino's posts so much yall really love to set the stage for him

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2020, 09:09:05 am »
The problem is that fka is always just so darn subtle. It took weeks for Team Trump to realize that fka's MAGA hat was a bit off kilter.

« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2020, 10:23:23 am »
growing up relatively uncivilized and without a masculine
role-model who taught you how to be any more refined than a boiled potato. 

The hilarious lack of self awareness from the guy who chimps out and threatens to break the jaw of someone who asks an innocent question, and believes that "If the woman [...]  maintains her chastity and obeys her husband, she will enter the Paradise of her Lord. (Ṣaḥīḥ Ibn Ḥibbān 4252)  is the perfect Christmas gift.
Does your wife submit to you?

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2020, 10:31:35 am »
oh boy

« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2020, 10:45:07 am »
The hilarious lack of self awareness from the guy who chimps out and threatens to break the jaw of someone who asks an innocent question, and believes that "If the woman [...]  maintains her chastity and obeys her husband, she will enter the Paradise of her Lord. (Ṣaḥīḥ Ibn Ḥibbān 4252)  is the perfect Christmas gift.

A threat is a statement of intent. I extended an invitation, an invitation for you to insult my family to my face after signing a waver. I predicted that you would likely receive a nasty injury if you decided to go that route. You chickened out, because you're a coward and you kept trying to get more and more personal with your insults, from the safety of your keyboard because that's your deal... it took me a while to comprehend, but yes, people like you who get pleasure from this kind of behaviour do exist, they're called cowards.

I'm more than happy to discuss ANY topic with anyone in a civilized fashion. You don't discuss, you insult and you have no interest in learning, you're only concerned with antagonizing and trolling.

I'll save the civility for civilized people. You don't fall into that camp and I'm not going to try to change your mind about anything so don't waste your time. Nobody here wants to see another thread derailed into Religion, so give it a rest. I've given you more than enough of my attention.
Now, run along and find something to do, engaging with a coward makes me uncomfortable. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2020, 10:56:12 am »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2020, 11:45:36 am »
shanebarry antagonizing aristocrat. that one is definitely on the waygook bingo card!
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2020, 11:48:06 am »
is someone referencing the waygook bingo card also on the waygook bingo card?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2020, 11:49:11 am »
not sure the frequency warrants it, but **** it sure dude
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2020, 12:09:24 pm »
not sure the frequency warrants it, but **** it sure dude

you might be underestimating the waygook bingo card, its really been putting in the rounds these past few weeks

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2020, 01:14:31 pm »
you might be underestimating the waygook bingo card, its really been putting in the rounds these past few weeks

A Waygook bingo card would definitely be more equitable.  Would that be in addition to the Dmart bingo card or is it an amalgamation of the two?  Twenty five spaces in total?  I vote for Dude! taking the place of the "free" space. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2020, 01:25:00 pm »
You're welcome.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2020, 01:29:31 pm »
You're welcome.

HaHa, that's an excellent start.  For Chinguetti, I was also thinking something along the lines of "Chinguetti wants to murder all her co-workers today." 

« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2020, 01:30:30 pm »
Tissues are a thing
I smoked for a decade and not once did I feel the need to spit and only once, outside Korea, did I meet someone who did. This person only did so while smoking. I'm breathing the same air as the spitters, as are all the Koreans who don't spit and find the behaviour repulsive.
People respond differently to different stimuli. I'm sure some foods in Korea would trigger your gag reflex while they can eat them fine. I can't speak for other Koreans, but I can speak for myself. Smoking gives me a very very strong urge to spit. This wasn't the case when I started smoking, but it is the case now. I don't know why, just one of those things. Anyways, as long as it is in a seedy alley or into a storm drain or flower bed or whatever, who cares?

No other way to cut it other than public spitters are crass, uncivilized simpletons who should be fined on the spot for their disgusting behaviour
That's one way. Another way is that people getting bent out of shape over it have a stick up their ass and irrationally focus on certain things as "disgusting" with no real basis in logic and would make one rule after another until we all went insane.

Enter DM's <"yes but what people letting their dogs piss on the street? Same difference"> comment here

Pre-emptied ya
It's a valid point. If you have a pet that you let urinate or shit in public, but you bitch and moan about spitters, your position is completely irrational. It's just "dogs cute, ajeosshis not" which is childish thinking.

Damn, there must be a f.ckton of cowdung in this country... Most people that we see spitting, would have a hard time recalling the last time they saw a farm animal up close.
Stop trying to make ridiculous excuses for spitting. Please don't embarass yourself with the ''what about birds crapping on the pavement'' line! You really want to compare humans to animals???
Don't try to make it look okay because you're just making yourself ridiculous. Just let it go.
Go teach in the countryside. Lot of smaller towns have farms even within the city limits. Get off at the bus stop in the summer and breathe deep- First thing that will hit you will be that wonderful smell.

There's more to places than just cities.

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2020, 01:46:49 pm »
You're welcome.
Non-User Specific
Canadian brags about how "It's not that cold"
Canadian bitches about how hot it is
TRUMP (Free Space)
John Stossel
Jordan Peterson
Youtube link posted with no description
L I confused for L I C
Thread locked for going off-topic and talking about inane subject after 15 pages of personal attacks
Post about services/goods by someone clearly stuck in pre-smartphone era

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2020, 01:51:46 pm »
@co2 my only problem is the 1.8mil job posts and hangook's salary moaning are almost aways related. +points for the self-diss though. might i suggest "confusedsaffer mentions taiwan" or perhaps (my favorite) "previously prolific poster departs" (ronnie, colburnnnnnnnnn, eggie, and so on)

pre-post edit: ooooooo d'tino nailed it with stossel video. that should definitely have a place. actually i think LI could probably have his own board.
more gg more skill

• Lazio
  • Super Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2020, 02:01:46 pm »
It's a valid point. If you have a pet that you let urinate or shit in public, but you bitch and moan about spitters, your position is completely irrational. It's just "dogs cute, ajeosshis not" which is childish thinking.

There it is again: You are comparing animals to humans. Whatever a dog can do, an ajhossi can do it too. Got it! There is an idea among middle aged and older Korean ladies that men are just like dogs. Perhaps you are also following that logic.

Go teach in the countryside. Lot of smaller towns have farms even within the city limits. Get off at the bus stop in the summer and breathe deep- First thing that will hit you will be that wonderful smell.
There's more to places than just cities.

Yet, people do it in cities as well. I've been all over the countryside and been to farms as well. Never felt the urge to spit. Moreover, I was around plenty of farmers and farms back home but there was no spitting.
No matter how you are trying to twist and turn it, you can't make spitting okay. Anyone with a sense of hygene would find it disgusting. Since you don't, I hope you enjoy walking through plenty of loogies. May the New Year bring plenty of them your way. Merry Christmas!

« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2020, 02:06:10 pm »
People respond differently to different stimuli. I'm sure some foods in Korea would trigger your gag reflex while they can eat them fine.

Yes, but you think that gives me the excuse to launch a projectile of bolus onto the restaurant floor? Civilized people make use of the serviette and cover their mouth or excuse themselves and go to the bathroom.

I can't speak for other Koreans, but I can speak for myself. Smoking gives me a very very strong urge to spit. This wasn't the case when I started smoking, but it is the case now. I don't know why, just one of those things. Anyways, as long as it is in a seedy alley or into a storm drain or flower bed or whatever, who cares?

It is not in a seedy alley, if it were, it wouldn't be one of the biggest culture shocks when coming to a place like Korea or China. We're all aware of it because it's done in full public view and without shame. Every country on Earth has smokers, but it's a major quirk in places like Korea and China therefore, smoking is NOT the common factor. It's culture and culture is fallible, everyone has the right to praise or criticize any point of culture (whether it's theirs or not) that they wish.

That's one way. Another way is that people getting bent out of shape over it have a stick up their ass and irrationally focus on certain things as "disgusting"

Not showering twice a day = disgusting.
Leaving loogies the size of small pizzas on the pavement where people walk = no problemo

I'm really not going to waste my time rationalizing why it's repulsive and unhygienic. You're obviously blinded by emotion on this subject, but I don't think you're a fool. You can figure it out.

My Tuesday school is a country school, I smell fertilizer and pollution on the drive there and I dodge horse crap and potholes... still don't feel the need to spit. Neither does my female CT, neither do most of my students. Strangely, it's only the boys (once they reach middle school) and the male teachers who start spitting. Obviously it's got something to do with Korean male lungs being susceptible to pollution at the onset of puberty and not fledgling macho bravado.

It's an ugly side of Korean culture and that's ok, every culture has an ugly side. Stop trying to defend it, it's pathetic. We're not animals.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2020, 02:07:26 pm »

I'm from the countryside. Honestly, you get pretty used to the manure smell.

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2020, 04:04:41 pm »
Yes, but you think that gives me the excuse to launch a projectile of bolus onto the restaurant floor? Civilized people make use of the serviette and cover their mouth or excuse themselves and go to the bathroom.
I'm not defending that kind of spitting. But smokers alley spitting behind the bbq joing? Who gives a shit?

Every country on Earth has smokers, but it's a major quirk in places like Korea and China therefore, smoking is NOT the common factor. It's culture and culture is fallible
You'll get a fair number of spitters amongst smokers in the States. Not Korea-China levels but the occassional loogie.

Not to mention joggers in the park, people playing sports, etc.

It's culture and culture is fallible
It's a host of potential factors for each individual, culture certainly can be one, but there are others and focusing solely on culture above all others is a mistake. Also I'd call it more of a subculture if you are going to call it culture. There's certainly subcultures within say, the US that will spit that have nothing to do with Korea.

... still don't feel the need to spit
Congrats. maybe you just aren't as sensitive to certain odors or tastes. I would vomit if I swallowed a moutful of fertilizer saliva. I do agree that location should be a factor and where you choose to spit (i.e. well-tended-to public space vs. stormdrain.