Read 6623 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: What is up with these school lunches??
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2020, 07:17:31 am »
Even in middle school (Kingston, ON), we were (with permission from parents. Sign a form in Sep, etc.). This was grade 7 and 8. High school (Barrie, ON)? You didn't need permission.

Imagine telling a 16 year old he can't leave school property? It's absurd. The kid can drive a car but can't walk to the 7-11 5 mins away. Bizarre.
imagine telling a teacher that they can't leave school property during their lunch break. because.....that used to happen to me all of the time

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2020, 07:46:22 am »
imagine telling a teacher that they can't leave school property during their lunch break. because.....that used to happen to me all of the time

HaHa, true enough. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2020, 08:36:32 am »
Happened to me during my first year or two.
I'm now a big fan of the "Don't ask, don't tell." strategy. Works for leaving work on Friday a bit early too. And for borrowing office supplies for my classroom. And for reformatting the classroom computer to get rid of those **** security programmes that make saving my ppts literally impossible. And for swapping my chair for the nice rolly one from the upstairs office that nobody seems to be using. And for... uh, well, you get the idea.    :azn:

« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2020, 08:46:46 am »
I'm now a big fan of the "Don't ask, don't tell." strategy. Works for leaving work on Friday a bit early too. And for borrowing office supplies for my classroom. And for reformatting the classroom computer to get rid of those **** security programmes that make saving my ppts literally impossible. And for swapping my chair for the nice rolly one from the upstairs office that nobody seems to be using. And for... uh, well, you get the idea.    :azn:

Iíve found it does *not* work for jumping on the corner desk during the annual subject teacher shakeup, nor does it work for converting your sitting desk to a standing desk using old furniture you snuck in from home, and this happens to be true no matter how slyly you do it while everyone else is out of the office enjoying their holiday.

It also turns out not to be an ideal military policy!

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2020, 10:10:10 am »
oh totally. in my final year i didn't get af about anything and would always leave early. even after camp i'd just go home. nobody said anything

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2020, 10:21:19 am »
Iíve found it does *not* work for jumping on the corner desk during the annual subject teacher shakeup, nor does it work for converting your sitting desk to a standing desk using old furniture you snuck in from home, and this happens to be true no matter how slyly you do it while everyone else is out of the office enjoying their holiday.
You probably just didn't dont ask dont tell hard enough! You ought to try it again, but with more conviction!

It also turns out not to be an ideal military policy!
Don't ask about military secrets, don't tell about military secrets? Seems wise, I guess?  :wink:

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2020, 12:59:19 pm »
You probably just didn't dont ask dont tell hard enough! You ought to try it again, but with more conviction!
Don't ask about military secrets, don't tell about military secrets? Seems wise, I guess?  :wink:

It has been better to don't ask and don't tell.  Plead ignorance and beg forgiveness later.  That had been my strategy for years.  However, Korea is changing quickly and schools are getting more retarded.  Not just in Seoul but creeping into the whole country more and more.  So, be careful more than before. 

• chimp
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2015, 05:16:31 am
    • Zoo
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »
****** hell you people are such babies.

Why don't these people serve burgers and fries? Dafuq is wrong with these school lunches? Back in Emporia we have REAL school lunches

Unlike you pansies I THRIVE under chaotic conditions like being banned from going to the shop at lunch time.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:58:01 pm by chimp »
oo oo ahh ahh