Read 2137 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: What TV series are you into now, or have watched?
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 12:05:05 pm »
Obligatory YourMovieSucks.ORG commentary on TWD. He's hilarious, ruthless and insightful/inciteful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDbi7P93Np8
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2020, 12:28:24 pm »
the beginning of the walking dead was so so good though

Yeah, it was fun.  And then, even after that season 2 where someone accidentally hit the record and air button on the series of outtakes that was the cast taking a break from filming and relaxing at the farm house, it picked up again.  I think it really went downhill after Neegan became a fixture.  He played it so over the top that even using suspension of disbelief it was too much.  And, when casting Neegan, could they not have at least included "goes to the gym periodically" in the casting requirements?  The guy is a toothpick and looks ridiculous in that skin tight leather jacket.  Make him a bit menacing looking, at least. 

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2020, 09:18:54 am »
I just finished Mindhunter. I hope there is another season because it was fascinating. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen.

I could have done without the needless salaciousness of the lesbians and Hardon and his girlfriend. Both were gratuitous and unnecessary for the plotline.

I remember living in Toronto when the Scarborough rapist was active. The entire city was on needles and pins. Women were terrified, doors and windows double and triple checked before bed. The local cops asked for help from the Behavioural Science group at the FBI and they came up with a profile that nailed Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka. They even said he was most likely driving a later model beige Camaro. Which he was and which helped catch him. How do they do that?

Mindhunter would have been awesome had they done a few episodes on that.

I hope it gets a 3rd season.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2020, 09:22:26 am »
Shit, can you imagine a Mindhunter for Bernardo/Homolka??

I was 7 and 8 when the trials were happening and I'd see the whole thing play out over the months of that trial. I'd always watch the 6 o'clock news with my dad, (CHCH NEWS HAMILTON) and I was terrified of those two. So happy they put him in Kingston Pen.

Then when I was 10 we moved to Kingston. hahahaha
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2020, 09:51:08 am »
The amazing thing about the Bernardo / Homolka thing was she was the brains! he was wrapped around her finger and she was the psycho. She made the plea bargain of the century with the cops, ratted him out hard, got 12 years and did it all not even bothering to apply for parole.

When they were both safely tucked away the cops did something they should have done when they were arrested. They checked the bathroom ceiling by removing a light fixture and found the tapes that showed it all. My God, they started with Homolka's sister. Karla was the ringleader and it was all on tape.

She got out, moved to Central America I think, got found and eventually moved back to Quebec, got married and now has kids and is 100% free. Paul will rot and die in the pen. Karla should be right there too.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2021, 10:19:35 am »
I just finished a Netflix series: Manhunt The Unabomber and it was fascinating. I like the crazy serial killer thing. Always have.

Anyway, I binged the entire thing over two days and have just downloaded and printed out Ted Kaczynski's manifesto: "Industrial Society and it's Future"

I'll read it and would like to chat about it. I'm as much of a luddite as I can get away with and do tend to think technology is a great divider as opposed to its being thought of as the opposite.

Here's the link to the manifesto:

https://unabombermanifesto.com/Industrial-Society-and-Its-Future-Theodore-Kaczynski.pdf

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2021, 10:33:53 am »
Try 'The Ripper'  (docu about the Yorkshire ripper who killed 16? women in the 70s and 80s) or or 'Des' (drama about Dennis Nielson who killed 12? men in the 80s) if serial killers are your bag.  Both pretty good IMO.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2021, 11:35:18 am »
Thanks. I will watch them both.