Read 146 times

Any recent info on Maple Bear Songpa?
« on: November 18, 2020, 08:44:39 am »
I've recently completed a Skype interview with this location and wanted to know if there is any updated info on this branch.

It looks like MB has pretty bad reviews overall (though better than POLY/SLP/Chungdahm), but most of the reviews I've seen are for Bundang or west Seoul locations.

My first interview went well, but I have another phone/Skype interview with the director sometime this week...for some reason.

It seems like a great place to work, but I'm a bit worried that there is no work-life balance culture. 9-6 isn't bad, but I'm not sure if 2.8 or 2.9 is worth maybe having to take work home, or maybe having to stay late, or maybe having to come in on weekends (though they said they don't force teachers to come in on weekends, this shouldn't even be a thing in the first place considering the job offer is M-F @ 45 hours). They also said I will have 3 hours of prep time M/W/F, but if teachers actually do have this time to prep, why would taking work home be necessary? The interview seemed a bit word-salady.

Does anyone have experience at this particular branch (after 2017)? It seems to be slim pickins' for hagwons right now. I don't want to give up a potentially decent because of a few bad online reviews, but I don't want to be worked into the ground, either.

Please and thank you~
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 09:58:24 am by valencia »