Read 288 times

• davidsx
  • Explorer

• October 12, 2019, 04:39:50 pm
    • Seoul
YBM ECC - Daechi
« on: November 12, 2020, 05:13:39 am »
I have had such an awful experience working here the last few months. I do not recommend this place to anyone. Supervisors are totally inept and some korean CTs are awful to deal with. I have seen the VP literally scream at foreign teachers in front of the whole staff.

Iím sure this place will be the location of the next COVID outbreak. Teachers serve lunch to the students who all sit around without masks, literally with no separation or social distancing happening whatsoever.

This place is also known for their extremely low pay. Usually they hire teachers with no experience and make them work 9-7 for 2.1 a month. This is part of the reason the CTs treat the foreigners with such little respect, although there is never an excuse for treating people in such a condescending manner as Iíve seen. One of the foreign teachers cries multiple times a week because the korean CT treats her so badly.

The owner is a really old guy who runs the place exactly the same way Iím sure it was run in the 90s. Very little to no technology is integrated. Lots of cheap and shi**y workbooks are used. I was really disappointed when I started because I expected more from an academy in Daechi.

Avoid at all costs.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: YBM ECC - Daechi
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 12:07:58 pm »
Not to be an unsympathetic prick, but for all the times I tell you folks not to take low paying lowball jobs then you go and do it, ignoring me, claiming I'm crazy or something.  It's your own fault for taking it.  Stop taking low ball offers.  As for the rest, start screaming back and correct him on what it means to be professional and tell him how dare he talk to you like that. 

My guess is KT have gotten raises over the past decade or so while you didn't.  Again, this is the case for some low hanging fruit best avoided.  If more people would quit taking the shitty paying jobs, then they'd quit being offered.  9 to 7 is fine if your pay is in the 3.0's million per month.  I think I recently got offered a 9 to 6 kindie type school for around 3 million plus.  Maybe 3.1 or 3.2.  I just commented on a job site Facebook group and got a private message.  I already have a job so kept what I have. 

If someone treats you that badly, tell them to screwoff.  Quit if you need to.  Get another job that pays more or get a 120 hour in class TESOL and go to Vietnam.  Save a lot more money (cheaper cost of living).    Either way, being overseas is hard enough.  No need to take BS and accept low wages with garbage work conditions just because you watched a K drama on Netflix or saw BTS on YouTube.  There's a whole world out there. 

Anyways, hope you resolve the situation.  You should all quit on them if they don't smarten up.  Maybe Covid is forcing you to stay for a while.  But next year, be gone. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 06:27:21 am »
look guys just don't ignore hangook77 next time

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 12:26:35 pm »
Not to be an unsympathetic prick,

*proceeds to be an unsympathetic prick*

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 11:03:23 am »
*proceeds to be an unsympathetic prick*

No, actually, I warned people not to take the low hanging fruit jobs, then they ignore me and take it, and then complain about it.