Read 51966 times

Re: Potential for Violence
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2020, 08:32:38 am »
Biden is calling for calm. He has no doubt that he will win, but unlike Trump, he cannot make any false claims for victory.
So far, the worst violence I have seen were altercations in Manhattan.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2020, 10:36:09 am »
Joe Biden is just one state (6 electoral college votes) away from being the president. And already Trump is asking for a recount in Michigan and Wisconsin? That just proves Trump is a crybaby man child brat. He even admitted that losing is difficult. Well, if that's the case, if he loses then I still say watch out because he did say that the transition will not be peaceful. If it means not being peaceful to a point that his hothead supporters cause violence, then Trump will have to look forward towards being charged as a war criminal. On the other hand, if not having a peaceful transition means acting out in his tantrums, everybody will just look down on him as just another sore loser coward, and move on, that's all. In that case it just proves that nobody will yield to his uncultured rhetoric because American voters have chosen not to let Trump's threatening words turn them around.

A war criminal?  How do you figure that? 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2020, 10:41:42 am »
for all the things you could possible criticize trump for... war criminal? compared to the average CEO? sure. compared to the average US president? nahhhhhhh
more gg more skill

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:22 pm »
I am going to update my claim on violence: I now give a VERY high chance of a sustained period of right-wing violence. My prediction was based on Biden winning with a count that looked finished on election night. Yeah maybe a state that that the GOP would grouse about but it being a pretty healthy margin even if the electoral count was close and that city counts would dump pretty early.

Thats changed. The vote, at least in PA, looks legitimate and thats the ballgame. But the perception of how the vote is coming in is going to play to the worst fears of Trump's base. I expected the usual plaintive cries of "RIGGED!!!" but this is a disaster.

I wish Biden had won by a big margin in the Rust Belt on Election Night. That would be better than this- A legitimate Biden victory that even to casuals looks like a clusterf.

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2020, 12:24:50 pm »
BTW of any pro-Trump people want to argue about PA being legitimate, bring it on. I was tracking PA mail-in data right up to ED. It is going exactly as was projected and in line with turnout.

I do think there should be an audit of WI and MI because the mail in count and targetsmart data seems to be really off. But that being said, WI and MI are very hard to model so I wouldnt scream "Fraud!!!!" there either.

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2020, 12:44:55 pm »
Get with it DM, you know they had this conversation:

" We have the power to rig it, do you want to rig it?"
"Let's do it"
"just by one or two electoral votes"
"do you want to get the Senate too?
"nah"

:undecided: :rolleyes:

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2020, 02:44:03 pm »
"Good plan. Should we steal Florida and Texas?"

"Hmmmm.... Seems smarter to focus our villainy on Atlanta and Philadelphia, where Biden is already a shoe-in."

"Makes sense."

Hiding in plain sight. Genius!
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. That’s the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me I’m the smartest person they’ve ever met. Has anyone said that to you? Probably not."

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2020, 03:12:57 pm »
"Good plan. Should we steal Florida and Texas?"

"Hmmmm.... Seems smarter to focus our villainy on Atlanta and Philadelphia, where Biden is already a shoe-in."

"Makes sense."

Okay but let's be realistic, if the Democrats did try to rig an election this is around the amount of ineptitude I'd expect from them

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2020, 11:46:28 am »
No violence from the Trump supporters.  Though when the recounts and court challenges shift things, watch the left come out and be violent again.  Though the cold and the national guard will shut that down fast.  I doubt Trump will put up with their crap anymore in a second term. 

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2020, 01:12:44 pm »
No violence from the Trump supporters.  Though when the recounts and court challenges shift things, watch the left come out and be violent again.  Though the cold and the national guard will shut that down fast.  I doubt Trump will put up with their crap anymore in a second term. 

Choo-choo on the MAGA Express.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2020, 08:11:21 am »

Maybe because they got arrested before starting their violence

2 men arrested near Philadelphia vote center had QAnon paraphernalia, AR-15 in car

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/2-men-detained-after-police-learn-possible-threat-philadelphia-vote-n1246774

Or maybe they're busy getting fired for using government office to call for the execution of political opponents.

An Alabama police captain’s election-related “bullet in their skull” Facebook comments are under investigation, authorities said Thursday.

Captain Scott Walden has been placed on administrative leave and “the internal investigation could and may be pending termination,” Flomaton Police Chief Charles Thompson said.

https://www.wfla.com/news/national/put-a-bullet-in-their-skull-alabama-police-captain-on-leave-over-facebook-election-comments/

Or maybe they're busy calling for the beheading of scientists.

Steve Bannon Suggests Beheading Fauci

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/11/06/twitter-bans-steve-bannon-account-after-talk-of-a-beheaded-anthony-fauci-wray/?sh=4d1d27eb4ac8

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2020, 10:37:00 pm »
No.
LIAR.

"From 2009 through 2018, the far right has been responsible for 73% of domestic extremist-related fatalities, according to a 2019 study by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). And the toll is growing. More people–49–were murdered by far-right extremists in the U.S. last year than in any other year since the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. FBI Director Christopher Wray told Congress in July that a majority of the bureau’s domestic-terrorism investigations since October were linked to white supremacy."

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2020, 11:18:57 am »
Is this legit White Supremacist violence or does this include members of the Aryan Brotherhood killing a member of the Latin Kings in a meth dispute?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2020, 12:05:37 pm »
Is this legit White Supremacist violence or does this include members of the Aryan Brotherhood killing a member of the Latin Kings in a meth dispute?

That's actually a pretty relevant question.
Just for reference, gogators was quoting a TIME article (https://time.com/5647304/white-nationalist-terrorism-united-states/) which in turn was quoting an article published in 2019 by theAnti-Defamation League (ADL).
I couldn't find a direct link to the article itself, but I believe that this article is a synopsis of it:
https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases/adl-report-right-wing-extremists-killed-38-people-in-2019-far-surpassing-all
It discussed who the victims were, and links them all to racism-based motives in one way or another.

So I guess my *tentative* TL;DR: would be that it is legit White Supremacist violence.

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2020, 12:25:16 pm »

^speaking of smoking meth^

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2020, 04:54:49 am »
That's actually a pretty relevant question.
Just for reference, gogators was quoting a TIME article (https://time.com/5647304/white-nationalist-terrorism-united-states/) which in turn was quoting an article published in 2019 by theAnti-Defamation League (ADL).
I couldn't find a direct link to the article itself, but I believe that this article is a synopsis of it:
https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases/adl-report-right-wing-extremists-killed-38-people-in-2019-far-surpassing-all
It discussed who the victims were, and links them all to racism-based motives in one way or another.

So I guess my *tentative* TL;DR: would be that it is legit White Supremacist violence.

Just for reference, you're going to fact check a serious post to answer a red herring posing as a question?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2020, 07:21:59 am »
Red herring deserve the truth too!

Anyway, the fact-check supports your statement, so, you know, be happy!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:24:11 am by Kyndo »

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2020, 09:58:22 am »
Just for reference, you're going to fact check a serious post to answer a red herring posing as a question?
Inquiring about the methodology regarding a claim is not a "Red Herring", it is called "appropriate scrutiny".

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2020, 11:32:03 am »
Though people are fighting to demand the election be fair and fraud examined, I have yet to see and Trump supporters kill anyone, smash businesses, burn down buildings, and violently attack people.  Though given how violent antifa and blm have been I can hardly blame them for being armed.  That said, because the other side thinks they won, they aren't paying these leftist agitators to be out there right now. 

Point is Trump supporters are mostly non violent.  But, the other side are.  When the results flip, they will be out losing their bananas unless it gets too cold this winter. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2020, 12:05:02 pm »
I've read the exact same from the left as well. It's rubbish either way.