Read 49250 times

Re: Potential for Violence
« Reply #560 on: February 10, 2021, 06:03:18 pm »
The Super Bowl is over.  This topic has faded from our consciousness.

You're so right. I've totally forgotten about how conservatives have become seditious terrorists. All I can think about is how good Tom Brady is at throwing a ball, rather than about the fact that Martin is still making excuses for a murderous mob of would-be assassins who got a bunch of people killed and directly assaulted democracy itself.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #561 on: February 10, 2021, 11:45:23 pm »
Dude, no one cares. If they cared, they'd talk about it. They don't need me to start topics. Face it: Not everyone is into politics. And even many of those who are somewhat into politics have moved on.

Donald Trump's alleged insurrection had ZERO effect on your life. Why are you so wrapped up about it? If this truly was some big, bad event it would be like 9/11. Not something where your first reaction was to log onto waygook.org
How many people do you think tuned in to watch or listen to the impeachment hearing yesterday, dude? People care.

" Fox News, the favorite among Trump and other Republicans, had the single biggest audience during the daytime hearings. It averaged 2.9 million viewers at any given time between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday, according to Nielsen (NLSN) TV ratings.

MSNBC, the favorite among Democrats, was closely behind. MSNBC averaged 2.7 million viewers during the hearings.

On a typical day, Fox News has about 1.5 million viewers during the daytime hours, and MSNBC has closer to 1 million, so viewing levels were certainly elevated due to the impeachment hearings.

The ratings contradict claims from some of the president’s allies, including one of his sons, Eric Trump, who said on Fox News that “no one was watching it. No one cares.”

My first reaction was not to log into waygook. Stop with the lying, if that's possible for you.

As a citizen of the US, it did and does have an effect on my life.  Just because the effect is not a direct, material one does not mean it doesn't exist.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2021, 04:08:33 am »
Yeah, they genuinely meant it.

“We got inside, we did our part.We were looking for Nancy [Pelosi] to shoot her in the friggin’ brain but we didn’t find her,” Bancroft said in the footage, according to court documents.
https://www.newsandguts.com/link/daily-beast-feds-track-down-bearded-proud-boy-seen-smashing-capitol-window-with-police-shield/

BREAKING—The window-breacher of the Capitol siege has been arrested—a Proudboy member named Dominic ‘Spazzo’ Pezzola. He has been sought by FBI for a long time—FBI say his group had stated that they “would have killed Mike Pence if given the chance”.
https://nypost.com/2021/01/30/accused-capitol-rioter-said-she-wanted-to-shoot-nancy-pelosi/

Yeah we know Marti, they were not serious! They was just joshing and, like you say, nothing really significant happened on Jan 6th. This was just some ordinary patriotic folk taking an opportunity to engage in normal political activity that should be respected and encouraged when a particular group is unhappy with the outcome of an election. Like you say, they was just expressing their free speech. We should just forget about it. Nobody cares, right.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEknfe94r2U

What did you say you did for a living?  :laugh:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 07:28:16 am by Adel »

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #563 on: February 14, 2021, 10:06:41 am »
Trump is having the last laugh. Dems are pissed.

But I think the right decision was made. An ordinary court of law would have viewed Trump's words on that day as protected free speech.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #564 on: February 14, 2021, 10:40:47 am »

But I think the right decision was made. An ordinary court of law would have viewed Trump's words on that day as protected free speech.

Seven Republicans voted to convict him. This ain't over yet.

"Former President Trump's actions that preceded the riot were a disgraceful, disgraceful dereliction of duty, Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former Presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one, ..... He didn't get away with anything yet "  Mitch McConnel February 13, 2021

Not a strong defence from one of those who voted against conviction! It's the end of the beginning for Trump in terms of his legal jeopardy. 

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #565 on: February 14, 2021, 11:08:04 am »
Found guilty by a bipartisan majority of Senators. 43 Republicans are out looking for a spine.

This impeachment trial was a fine example of why it is necessary to finally get rid of the filibuster as Republicans threatened to filibuster ALL Senate business if witnesses were brought forward.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 11:11:16 am by Savant »

« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2021, 11:38:31 am »
My first reaction was not to log into waygook. Stop with the lying, if that's possible for you.

As a citizen of the US, it did and does have an effect on my life.  Just because the effect is not a direct, material one does not mean it doesn't exist.
Do you think that's how coups work in countries that REALLY have coups? "Let me take time out from all the couping to log onto some site to argue with random people?"

No, they're too busy trying to make sure their money, property, and lives are safe. They are making sure their loved ones stay off the streets because the troops or the opposition might start shooting randomly. They aren't binging Netflix and tweeting about it.

And no, it hasn't affected you in any way. Turn off the f*ing outrage media and go live life. You'll see how massively irrelevant that event was and how much of it is just people trying to gin it up and make you angry so they can get money and ratings from you.

Seriously, you call Trumpers cultists and gullible idiots, but do you not see how your own Trump hate is being used in the same way?

« Reply #567 on: February 14, 2021, 11:43:01 am »

Yeah we know Marti, they were not serious! They was just joshing and, like you say, nothing really significant happened on Jan 6th.
No one said they're just joshing. They were clearly rioting. But coup and insurrection? Seriously, stop trying to take everything to its most extreme logical conclusion.

If you think this was a serious coordinated coup attempt, then all the perpetrators are not mentally competent to stand trial and not guilty by reason of mental defect.

You can't claim this was a serious coup attempt and then have the perpetrators taking selfies and wearing yak hats and holding spears.

« Reply #568 on: February 14, 2021, 11:43:48 am »
Found guilty by a bipartisan majority of Senators. 43 Republicans are out looking for a spine.

This impeachment trial was a fine example of why it is necessary to finally get rid of the filibuster as Republicans threatened to filibuster ALL Senate business if witnesses were brought forward.
Yeah, getting rid of the filibuster worked out real well for the Dems when it came to SCOTUS.

• chimp
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2015, 05:16:31 am
    • Zoo
« Reply #569 on: February 14, 2021, 01:33:27 pm »
While waiting for this hangover to clear...

It's an histrionic over-reaction to call what happened an attempted coup. It was a rabble of idiots that got out of hand and somewhat egged-on by Trump with his lack of grace in defeat. By all means prosecute the people involved because these antics aren't on.

The real damage was already done with regards of low levels of trust in institutions and political processes. In 2016 the dems threw a huge wobbly with regards to Russians and Trump being Putin's man, now it's the Republicans playing up.

From what I can tell this mistrust isn't going away any time soon and it's hard to see how trust is going to be rebuilt. Perhaps our real hope is that the "Center"/"Moderates" get over the smug complacency that took hold in the happy post-Cold War days and start paying attention to the pain a lot of people are going through out there. Once they get their shit together they can pull the rug from under the seriously delusional right wing on the one hand, and the hysterical PC left on the other.
oo oo ahh ahh

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2021, 02:33:09 pm »

You can't claim this was a serious coup attempt and then have the perpetrators taking selfies and wearing yak hats and holding spears.

Dude, the only person I recall that was making claims about cues on this thread was yourself in relation the legitimate actions of the Legislature exercising its proper functioning whilst exercising oversight of the Executive. According to yourself this proper functioning of a Federal constitutional system of governance exercising checks and balances over Executive power was labelled a cue!
Do provide actual quotes if you wish to correct me though. Your accusation here have even less credibility than Giuliani on a bad hair day.  :laugh: 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 03:35:46 pm by Adel »

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2021, 02:53:04 pm »
Yeah, getting rid of the filibuster worked out real well for the Dems when it came to SCOTUS.

Elections have consequences. It’s not needed as is the “hold” that any Senator can place on a nominee.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #572 on: February 15, 2021, 02:23:26 am »

LOL.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #573 on: February 15, 2021, 02:27:59 am »
Do you think that's how coups work in countries that REALLY have coups? "Let me take time out from all the couping to log onto some site to argue with random people?"

No, they're too busy trying to make sure their money, property, and lives are safe. They are making sure their loved ones stay off the streets because the troops or the opposition might start shooting randomly. They aren't binging Netflix and tweeting about it.

And no, it hasn't affected you in any way. Turn off the f*ing outrage media and go live life. You'll see how massively irrelevant that event was and how much of it is just people trying to gin it up and make you angry so they can get money and ratings from you.

Seriously, you call Trumpers cultists and gullible idiots, but do you not see how your own Trump hate is being used in the same way?
Buddy, you haven't got a clue. I don't know who you, in your fever dreams are describing, but it sure isn't me.

As for getting a life, why don't you stop telling strangers what to do and think and get one of your own. But before you're on the way to doing that, stop drinking and driving.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #574 on: February 15, 2021, 02:32:03 am »
While waiting for this hangover to clear...

It's an histrionic over-reaction to call what happened an attempted coup. It was a rabble of idiots that got out of hand and somewhat egged-on by Trump with his lack of grace in defeat. By all means prosecute the people involved because these antics aren't on.

The real damage was already done with regards of low levels of trust in institutions and political processes. In 2016 the dems threw a huge wobbly with regards to Russians and Trump being Putin's man, now it's the Republicans playing up.

From what I can tell this mistrust isn't going away any time soon and it's hard to see how trust is going to be rebuilt. Perhaps our real hope is that the "Center"/"Moderates" get over the smug complacency that took hold in the happy post-Cold War days and start paying attention to the pain a lot of people are going through out there. Once they get their shit together they can pull the rug from under the seriously delusional right wing on the one hand, and the hysterical PC left on the other.
This was organized over a period of months. That it may have been poorly organized--they did however get into the Capitol and stop the election certification process, at least temporarily--doesn't it make any less of an attempted coup.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #575 on: February 15, 2021, 02:33:05 am »
Dude, the only person I recall that was making claims about cues on this thread was yourself in relation the legitimate actions of the Legislature exercising its proper functioning whilst exercising oversight of the Executive. According to yourself this proper functioning of a Federal constitutional system of governance exercising checks and balances over Executive power was labelled a cue!
Do provide actual quotes if you wish to correct me though. Your accusation here have even less credibility than Giuliani on a bad hair day.  :laugh: 
And after three double scotches.

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2021, 05:47:25 am »

Seven Republicans voted to convict him. This ain't over yet.

Not a strong defence from one of those who voted against conviction! It's the end of the beginning for Trump in terms of his legal jeopardy.
An impeachable offense is whatever the majority of the House says it is. Judges and juries don't have that kind of discretion. It would be much harder to go after Trump in the ordinary criminal justice system. Nothing he said that day satisfies the legal definition of incitement.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2021, 08:06:34 am »
An impeachable offense is whatever the majority of the House says it is. Judges and juries don't have that kind of discretion. It would be much harder to go after Trump in the ordinary criminal justice system. Nothing he said that day satisfies the legal definition of incitement.

Even if the criminal justice system relies on your Judgment and ruling,  :laugh:, this latest controversy is not the full extent of his legal problems.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/feb/13/impeachment-over-donald-trump-faces-more-investiga/
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 08:23:28 am by Adel »

• T_Rex
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2021, 09:45:23 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3W9E0oU48I

So it's okay for Dems to tell people to fight but when Trump does it then it's incitement.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2021, 10:23:03 am »

So it's okay for Dems to tell people to fight but when Trump does it then it's incitement.

I know this is going to be a tough one for you to understand but context matters.
Clearly we wouldn't be charging the Beastie Boys with incitement after releasing this would we?  :laugh:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk&list=LLJFoxCFhCvjyifMiDSVjFbA&index=2220

Now telling an armed mob to 'fight like hell', 'to stop the steal' after organising a rally to march on the Capital building, after feeding that mob with lies for last six months and then doing nothing to stop it, well, that's why seven Republicans voted to convict as well. 
I don't recall seeing any Democrats being convinced by those desk thumping ambulance chasers working pro bono on the defence team did you?  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 10:53:35 am by Adel »