Read 51968 times

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: Potential for Violence
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2020, 03:38:26 pm »
If you're so confident that it's not leftwingers causing violence, why don't you put on a MAGA hat and walk through a college campus or Portland.

Now do the same with a Biden hat through some random small town in America or at a factory. Completely different reaction.

100% agreement on that one. 

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2020, 03:57:03 pm »
As usual DM, the picture you're trying to paint doesn't match up with the reality of things

The boogaloo meme itself emerged concurrently in antigovernment and white power online spaces in the early 2010s. In both of these communities, “boogaloo” was frequently associated with racist violence and, in many cases, was an explicit call for race war.

Today the term is regularly deployed by white nationalists and neo-Nazis who want to see society descend into chaos so that they can come to power and build a new fascist state.

In other words, the boogaloo remains a right-wing fantasy.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/06/05/boogaloo-started-racist-meme

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2020, 04:28:15 pm »
In other words, the boogaloo remains a right-wing fantasy.[/i]
Yeah, one thing idiots in vans with guns are known for, it's their rigid adherence to dogma, not a general desire to be violent.  :rolleyes:

What is so hard about admitting one of the kidnappers was a leftist? Why do you feel that admitting to that damages your argument in any way?

Yeah, there's violent people on both sides out there. You might get a Trumper shooting up a place and you might get leftists going beserk and smashing and torching a few city blocks.

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2020, 04:30:04 pm »
Conjecture is not the argument you seek.
Put your money where your mouth is. Put on the MAGA hat.

You know it's true. Deep down you know you aren't safe to wear a MAGA hat. Some random person would come up behind you and brick you in the head because there are too many people out there with Trump Derangement Syndrome who cannot control their emotions.

Also, we all remember the riots and lootings that broke out after Romney lost and when Michael Flynn was convicted. Oh wait....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 07:55:19 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2020, 09:02:38 pm »
Yeah, one thing idiots in vans with guns are known for, it's their rigid adherence to dogma, not a general desire to be violent.  :rolleyes:

What is so hard about admitting one of the kidnappers was a leftist? Why do you feel that admitting to that damages your argument in any way?

Yeah, there's violent people on both sides out there. You might get a Trumper shooting up a place and you might get leftists going beserk and smashing and torching a few city blocks.

Except he wasn't a leftist. Trashing Trump doesn't make him a leftist. That's like saying me trashing Biden (which I do often) makes me a right winger.

From the same article - a meme Caserta shared shows a man with his face obscured holding a rifle, with the caption "when you've smoked 3 commies before you can legally smoke cigarettes."

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:58:08 pm by waygo0k »

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2020, 06:20:21 am »
If you're so confident that it's not leftwingers causing violence, why don't you put on a MAGA hat and walk through a college campus or Portland.

Now do the same with a Biden hat through some random small town in America or at a factory. Completely different reaction.

Not to take your comment too seriously, but that’s a false equivalence on a couple fronts. Though it sounds strange to say it as they are both presidential candidates for major political parties, Trump and Biden are not on equal ground here. Trump is a purveyor of hate running a campaign of division. “Sleepy joe wants to raise your taxes” doesn’t exactly incite the same emotions. Also the red MAGA hat has become a potent symbol of Trumpism. Could you take anyone who’s wearing a “Ridin’ With Biden!” cap seriously?

Also college campuses are going to be far more densely populated than any small town, with a higher proportion of younger people who are more prone to violence, yada yada yada. Let’s run the same thought experiment through a campus conservatives/democrats group meeting; Does anybody fare better.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:23:55 am by Don Hobak »

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2020, 07:17:08 am »
Trump is a purveyor of hate running a campaign of division

You ain't black.
Does your wife submit to you?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2020, 07:29:09 am »
more gg more skill

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2020, 07:47:21 am »
You ain't black.

I’m also not from Derry.

What Tyler said.

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2020, 07:50:43 am »
I assume he meant Biden encouraging people to vote based on their skin colour was a little bit divisive in terms of race relations.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2020, 07:52:01 am »
Not to take your comment too seriously, but that’s a false equivalence on a couple fronts. Though it sounds strange to say it as they are both presidential candidates for major political parties, Trump and Biden are not on equal ground here. Trump is a purveyor of hate running a campaign of division. “Sleepy joe wants to raise your taxes” doesn’t exactly incite the same emotions. Also the red MAGA hat has become a potent symbol of Trumpism. Could you take anyone who’s wearing a “Ridin’ With Biden!” cap seriously?

Also college campuses are going to be far more densely populated than any small town, with a higher proportion of younger people who are more prone to violence, yada yada yada. Let’s run the same thought experiment through a campus conservatives/democrats group meeting; Does anybody fare better.

Come on.  Forget college campuses. Wear a MAGA hat into a Starbucks in an urban setting.  You know people feel justified in disrespecting the person wearing the hat.  How about the incidents of people not wanting to sit next to a MAGA hat wearing passenger on a plane?  That's why it's hard to not root for Trump.  The anger and hate coupled with self-righteousness on the left is disgusting. 

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2020, 07:52:46 am »
If Trump wins I hope the first thing he does is pardon Rittenhouse. Let's turn this into a real shitshow

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2020, 07:56:12 am »
I’m also not from Derry.

Don, I noticed you have referenced Shaneberry's Irish background twice, and you asked me as a Canadian why I would vote for Trump.  But, I never noticed you calling out that rabid anti-Trumper from the U.K., Ronnie Omelettes, on the fact he was from the U.K.  Seems a person's nationality only comes into play if they are pro Trump.  Anti-Trumpers from around the globe are welcome to chime in, though.  Some could call that a double standard. 

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2020, 07:59:11 am »
Come on.  Forget college campuses. Wear a MAGA hat into a Starbucks in an urban setting.  You know people feel justified in disrespecting the person wearing the hat.

Yes, the Starbucks patrons will silently (but somehow more rudely?) judge the MAGA man unfavorably, just as the patrons at Ray’s Family Restaurant in rural Arkansas will silently (but in a more polite, folksy way?) judge the Biden rider. Neither will become violent.

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2020, 08:00:36 am »
Don, I noticed you have referenced Shaneberry's Irish background twice, and you asked me as a Canadian why I would vote for Trump.  But, I never noticed you calling out that rabid anti-Trumper from the U.K., Ronnie Omelettes, on the fact he was from the U.K.  Seems a person's nationality only comes into play if they are pro Trump.  Anti-Trumpers from around the globe are welcome to chime in, though.  Some could call that a double standard.

Easy. I believe you when you say you are Canadian. And I believed you would have a unique perspective when I asked you about your views. I was right. I was happy to hear what you had to say.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:02:49 am by Don Hobak »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2020, 09:28:55 am »
Yes, the Starbucks patrons will silently (but somehow more rudely?) judge the MAGA man unfavorably, just as the patrons at Ray’s Family Restaurant in rural Arkansas will silently (but in a more polite, folksy way?) judge the Biden rider. Neither will become violent.

Silently?  plug "starbucks maga hat anger" and check it out. 

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2020, 09:45:45 am »
As opposed to armed MAGA heads trying to run a politician's bus off the road.

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2020, 09:54:19 am »
Does your wife submit to you?

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2020, 10:18:08 am »
Daily Wire? Really?

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2020, 10:52:42 am »
Daily Wire? Really?

You know what you ain’t (even if you is)