Read 49241 times

Re: Potential for Violence
« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2021, 12:43:28 pm »
Dude you need an intervention. You’re delusional at best.

Ps it was a serious act and the American fascists are planning more “protests”.  I wonder how many people will die in those?
So serious the ppl on here were more concerned with arguing on waygook.org than safety.

Actions speak louder than words.

Notice the lack of "Do I need to sell my stocks/convert my cash/etc." Threads about this? Shows how truly concerned people really are.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS MORE THAN IT IS. WE CAN SEE THROUGH YOU.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2021, 12:52:49 pm »
So serious the ppl on here were more concerned with arguing on waygook.org than safety.

Actions speak louder than words.

Notice the lack of "Do I need to sell my stocks/convert my cash/etc." Threads about this? Shows how truly concerned people really are.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS MORE THAN IT IS. WE CAN SEE THROUGH YOU.

“WE” has got to be the voices in your head because no-one else on this board is arguing your inane points.

« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2021, 01:57:07 pm »
“WE” has got to be the voices in your head because no-one else on this board is arguing your inane points.
Just admit that your behavior is completely inconsistent with someone genuinely concerned about insurrection or a coup.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2021, 02:23:01 pm »
Just admit that your behavior is completely inconsistent with someone genuinely concerned about insurrection or a coup.

How many Trumpers need to be shot and killed by law enforcement for you to take the threat seriously?

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2021, 02:33:47 pm »

So your point is that the fact that people aren't exhibiting enough concern about their investment portfolio is evidence that a group of armed thugs storming the Capital building, killing a police officer, injuring countless others,  chanting "hang Pence", going after the speaker of house and attempted to prevent the certification of election is not an attempted act of insurrection?

Did I miss something? Has crack become legal in the ROK? 

But the legislature attempting oversight of the executive is a Cue? 

No wonder people post anonymously here !  What was the title of that book you say you've published?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:40:44 pm by Adel »

« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2021, 02:47:02 pm »
How many Trumpers need to be shot and killed by law enforcement for you to take the threat seriously?
Well, you're not taking it seriously. I mean, you're being performative about taking it seriously, but you aren't truly taking it seriously. Your actions and behavior are not consistent with someone taking it seriously.

So your point is that the fact that people aren't exhibiting enough concern about their investment portfolio is evidence that a group of armed thugs storming the Capital building, killing a police officer, injuring countless others,  chanting "hang Pence", going after the speaker of house and attempted to prevent the certification of election is not an attempted act of insurrection?
The "so your point is..." tell for cognitive dissonance.

The point is that you are exaggerating what happened for the purposes of scoring political points and debate, and what you genuinely feel that is not what you are saying. Your actions are inconsistent with someone who genuinely thinks there was a serious insurrection attempt.

All those things happened, but a real, serious, grave insurrection attempt it was not. At no point did anyone seriously think the government of the United States was in danger, nor that this had a serious chance of success.

You know, if you hadn't tried to oversell this and just engaged in merciless mockery of those involved, you would have avoided this problem. It's not my fault you tried to oversell this and in the process, tipped your hand.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2021, 02:50:56 pm »
Well, you're not taking it seriously. I mean, you're being performative about taking it seriously, but you aren't truly taking it seriously. Your actions and behavior are not consistent with someone taking it seriously.
The "so your point is..." tell for cognitive dissonance.

The point is that you are exaggerating what happened for the purposes of scoring political points and debate, and what you genuinely feel that is not what you are saying. Your actions are inconsistent with someone who genuinely thinks there was a serious insurrection attempt.

All those things happened, but a real, serious, grave insurrection attempt it was not. At no point did anyone seriously think the government of the United States was in danger, nor that this had a serious chance of success.

You know, if you hadn't tried to oversell this and just engaged in merciless mockery of those involved, you would have avoided this problem. It's not my fault you tried to oversell this and in the process, tipped your hand.
:laugh: :laugh:
And the name of your book is ................... ................?

« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2021, 02:53:48 pm »
Aren't most of you making a big deal about this not even American?

And for the Americans, when news of this broke, did you run to call home or message your family out of concern for their well-being? Or did you log onto twitter or waygook.org to blast people?

Yeah, real serious insurrection threat we had there.  :rolleyes:

And the name of your book is ................... ................?
Dude, you know its true. You know you aren't genuinely worried about this and aren't really as concerned about it as you claim. Stop pretending.

At least you're attempting humor now, which is good, and the direction you should have gone from the get go.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2021, 02:56:28 pm »
Aren't most of you making a big deal about this not even American?

And for the Americans, when news of this broke, did you run to call home or message your family out of concern for their well-being? Or did you log onto twitter or waygook.org to blast people?

Yeah, real serious insurrection threat we had there.  :rolleyes:
Dude, you know its true. You know you aren't genuinely worried about this and aren't really as concerned about it as you claim. Stop pretending.

At least you're attempting humor now, which is good, and the direction you should have gone from the get go.
Oh do tell me Marti. I so want to buy it!  :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2021, 03:11:39 pm »
Me too Adel! I would love to read DeMartino's book. I'm not particularly interested in politics but I do love reading. So, Marti, please put the title up.
After all you did say "His lack of conservative ideology was a feature in my book", on another thread.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:15:58 pm by Kurt Sorensen »

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2021, 03:21:39 pm »
I'm guessing it would have to be some kind of comical fiction along the lines of .

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:30:58 pm by Adel »

« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2021, 03:40:42 pm »

DeFartino throughout history:

The French Revolution: "It was just a few losers with no deodorant. No big deal."

The Black Death: "People will forget all about this by Shrove Tuesday. Yawn!"

The Battle of the Somme: "Were you really so concerned by the supposed mass slaughter that you sent a telegraph to your family? I thought not. Boring!"

The Holodomor: "You're not acting like someone actually concerned about the mass starvation of millions of Ukrainians. I'm an expert on this matter and it doesn't matter that you've spent the last four years warning about the risk of starvation in the USSR while I belittled you for being alarmist morons."

The Cambodian Genocide: "OMG did you see this one tweet by the Bulgarian government?????"

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2021, 04:02:07 pm »
I guess if he were going for more of an autobiography it might
be

"Flooding the Zone with Bullsh*t : My Life in the ROK"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:30:41 pm by Adel »

« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2021, 05:06:35 pm »
Its clear you guys are more worried about safety and an insurrection than personal internet beefs. Hence your focus on helping others in this time of crisis, and not posts about me.

« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2021, 07:36:45 am »
Its clear you guys are more worried about safety and an insurrection than personal internet beefs. Hence your focus on helping others in this time of crisis, and not posts about me.

We are in Korea, most of us here anyway. It is possible to be worried about violence from these extremists groups rather than the actual collapse of American society.

But I have found some other snowflakes for you to convince that the assault on the Capitol was no biggie,  https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/12/956170188/joint-chiefs-remind-u-s-forces-that-they-defend-the-constitution

The U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff reminded American forces Tuesday of their oath to defend the Constitution following the attacks on the Capitol building last week.

The letter was addressed to The Joint Force, which is made up of about 1.3 million active duty service members and more than 811,000 National Guard and reservists — all of whom swore an oath to "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." The oath has stood since America's founding nearly 250 years ago.

"The violent riot in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6, 2021, was a direct assault on the U.S. Congress, the Capitol building, and our Constitutional process," the memorandum said. "We witnessed actions inside the Capitol building that were inconsistent with the rule of law. The rights of freedom of speech and assembly do not give anyone the right to resort to violence, sedition and insurrection."

The Joint Chiefs emphasized in the letter that President-elect Joe Biden will be inaugurated on Jan. 20, becoming the 46th Commander in Chief, and any acts to disrupt the constitutional process not only violate military values, but the law.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff is made up of the top eight military officials in the country. It includes the chair and vice chair, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, the chiefs of staff of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Operations and the National Guard Bureau. Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley was appointed by President Donald Trump last December. He and the other members are military advisors to the president, the secretary of defense and the National Security Council.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:49:43 am by thunderlips »

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2021, 07:56:50 am »
I guess if he were going for more of an autobiography it might
be

"Flooding the Zone with Bullsh*t : My Life in the ROK"

Let's be honest with ourselves, that goes for a lot of us lol

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2021, 09:00:34 am »
We are in Korea, most of us here anyway. It is possible to be worried about violence from these extremists groups rather than the actual collapse of American society.

But I have found some other snowflakes for you to convince that the assault on the Capitol was no biggie,  https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/12/956170188/joint-chiefs-remind-u-s-forces-that-they-defend-the-constitution

Joint Chiefs?  Deep State, mate.  Keep up!

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2021, 10:58:54 am »
Who was that guy that said this would all be forgotten by early February? I heard he's an author but, oddly, doesn't like promoting his books.

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/12/us/impeachment-trump-25th-amendment
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:03:51 am by Adel »

« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2021, 11:19:17 am »
Who was that guy that said this would all be forgotten by early February? I heard he's an author but, oddly, doesn't like promoting his books.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/12/us/impeachment-trump-25th-amendment
It's mid January and you're already declaring victory? As I said, we are one Jussie Smollet away from this being completely blown off the front pages.

What are they going to do? Impeach Trump? Sure in 6 months some court case might pop up to bring this story back but shit will move on. If 2-6 months from now the Dems are focusing on trials and not  legislation, they will get eviscerated in the off-year and midterms.

« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2021, 11:20:33 am »
Thunderlips and Adel, are you even American? I know Mr. C is, but it seems like a good chunk of people losing their minds over this aren't even Americans.