Read 49243 times

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: Potential for Violence
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2021, 10:43:51 am »
Will waygook continue to shelter the people who endorse this kind of domestic terrorism? Twitter, Apple, Google and Amazon aren't.

Holy sh*t!, talk about walking back any headway you made here with people taking you seriously after this bit of melodrama.  Yeah, the big five tech groups, Twitter, Apple, Google, Amazon and Waygook. Hilarious.  I bet you were pissed when Arsalan accepted Trump's invite to the big tech companies tete a tete when he was first elected.    There were plenty of good points raised here, but once you start going overboard like this it's just becomes juvenile and people stop listening.  It becomes less and less about the Capitol Hill riots and more about just furthering your agenda.  And you've beaten that agenda to death over the years here as it is.  Gogators and Adel are clearly as rabid as you, as well.  Can't take the three of you seriously.  Just stick with your valid points and drop the histrionics and personal attacks.  It conveys your message much more effectively.   

Waygook!  Will you stand with Apple and Twitter or will you side with tyranny and terrorism?  The world is watching. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:52:18 am by OnNut81 »

« Reply #341 on: January 11, 2021, 10:44:50 am »
For those of you who still need some guidance in how to recognise tone in writing. Mayorhaggar comes across as both scared and angry in recent posts. Plus butthurt and snowflakey of course  :smiley:

Translation: "Even I can no longer defend these violent fascists but instead of repudiating them I'm just going to flame someone on the internet. "

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #342 on: January 11, 2021, 10:51:13 am »
Translation: "Even I can no longer defend these violent fascists but instead of repudiating them I'm just going to flame someone on the internet. "

Great point, if I ever had defended them. However, I actually referred to them as domestic terrorists right from the get go.

« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2021, 10:53:26 am »
Onnut did you miss the part where a violent mob of conspiracy theorists attacked the US Capitol with the intent of assassinating members of Congress and the Vice President?

waygook.org bans talk about religion because of its terms of use. All I'm asking is why the site is fine with people voicing support for violent terrorists. I'm sure that one mod will now lecture me about the marketplace of ideas and how we should let terrorists make themselves look bad by exposing themselves as idiots with zero consequences. Well, the Capitol mob did what they did because they organized online and knew they wouldn't face any consequences.

« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2021, 10:54:05 am »
Great point, if I ever had defended them. However, I actually referred to them as domestic terrorists right from the get go.

Then why do you feel the need to make excuses for them and minimize what they did?

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2021, 10:57:02 am »
Then why do you feel the need to make excuses for them and minimize what they did?

That's a great question. If i'd ever done that either. 

That's kind of the definition of butthurt and snowflakey - Someone who gets all upset about things that never happened.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:00:04 am by stoat »

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2021, 12:56:44 pm »
Wow even Chris Christie is a calling for Trump's impeachment for inciting an insurrection!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/chris-christie-impeach-trump_n_5ffb6c36c5b66f3f795efffb?ri18n=true

I guess he hasn't heard about how terrible the CCP are and the injustice of not banning them from twitter!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:07:20 pm by Adel »

« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2021, 01:12:43 pm »
Onnut did you miss the part where a violent mob of conspiracy theorists attacked the US Capitol with the intent of assassinating members of Congress and the Vice President?

waygook.org bans talk about religion because of its terms of use. All I'm asking is why the site is fine with people voicing support for violent terrorists. I'm sure that one mod will now lecture me about the marketplace of ideas and how we should let terrorists make themselves look bad by exposing themselves as idiots with zero consequences. Well, the Capitol mob did what they did because they organized online and knew they wouldn't face any consequences.
The issue have is that you lot seem to be all taking this incident and dialing it up to 11.

If you really believed this was a violent attack and serious attempt to topple the government, you'd be acting like people in that situation really do- You'd be calling your family, completely terrified, and making plans to potentially flee the capitol.

You aren't doing of that. Stop trying to make this more than what it is, simply to score political points.

« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2021, 01:15:38 pm »
The issue have is that you lot seem to be all taking this incident and dialing it up to 11.

If you really believed this was a violent attack and serious attempt to topple the government, you'd be acting like people in that situation really do- You'd be calling your family, completely terrified, and making plans to potentially flee the capitol.

You aren't doing of that. Stop trying to make this more than what it is, simply to score political points.

You support a thuggish ideology whose adherents just tried to assassinate members of Congress and the VP. You literally cannot bring yourself to disparage these people or admit that refusing to hold them accountable for past violence has led to grave consequences.

« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2021, 01:15:52 pm »
It's coming out more and more that this was an organized attack on the Capitol, and many of the rioters intended to assassinate Senators and Congressmen. They were going around chanting "hang Pence."

Keep in mind that Graham is a very conservative Republican who has been one of Trump's biggest supporters.

Meanwhile Waygook seems content with T Rex outright supporting this act of domestic terrorism, Martino lying and pretending that it was harmless and no big deal, and hangook lying and claiming it was Antifa rioting in the Capitol. On the website where we can't discuss religious issues.

Also keep in mind that these three have spent the last 2 months spreading false claims that the election was stolen.

The other "conservatives" here realize this looks bad and makes them look bad and aren't showing their faces or bothering to defend this.
Yes, if there's one thing those photos screamed it was "organized and coordinated attempt at something", totally not "completely random mayhem."

« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2021, 01:20:05 pm »
You support a thuggish ideology whose adherents just tried to assassinate members of Congress and the VP. You literally cannot bring yourself to disparage these people or admit that refusing to hold them accountable for past violence has led to grave consequences.
Those people were idiots and deserve whatever jail time is coming at them.

But stop trying to turn this into something it isn't. Are you seriously this easily rattled in real life? Are you genuinely in terror and fear at the government being under attack?

Or are you just trying to win an internet argumet? Newsflash: People can see you and your argument for what it is.

Free tip: Try going with "funny" instead of "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!" People respect laughter more and it doesn't make you look like some dumb 1st worlder who tries to turn something into a 3rd world situation simply for clout. You could have just posted mocking photos and had a laugh at tasered himself guy. And a bunch of "Bye bye losers, enjoy the next 4 years!" type shit, but no, you had to try and make it something bigger than it is.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2021, 01:25:09 pm »
Yes, if there's one thing those photos screamed it was "organized and coordinated attempt at something", totally not "completely random mayhem."

When was the last time the doors of the House chamber were barricaded shut with armed officers pointing guns through broken windows at rioters?

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #352 on: January 11, 2021, 01:38:03 pm »
This is what certain posters are trying to dismiss or deflect from. Officer Sidnick, an apparent avid Trump supporter bludgeoned to death by Trump-supporting terrorists.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #353 on: January 11, 2021, 01:39:22 pm »

Just out of interest when you go shopping for your cheese at Costco do you typically dress yourself in full military fatigues with an armoured vest, helmet and gas mask?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:06:41 pm by Adel »

« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2021, 02:37:34 pm »
Just out of interest when you go shopping for your cheese at Costco do you typically dress yourself in full military fatigues with an armoured vest, helmet and gas mask?
1) If you live in small/rural towns across the midwest and south, that isn't that unusual, minus the helmet and mask.
2) In some of the photos, they weren't wearing ballistic vests but what appeared to be tactical vests.
3) We live in Korea. Isn't uncommon to see some ajosshi in the markets with a bunch of military-looking gear on.  I don't shit myself in fear, but maybe dipshit Euros do.
4) Regardless, this was NOT an organized and coordinated attack. It's like when conservatives label some flashmob of teens who go on a shoplifting spree "a coordinated series of attacks on local businesses by a terrorizing group" Like, seriously, stop trying to dial it up to 11 for political points.

Again, if this REALLY were a coordinated attack and attempt to take down the government and NOT some protest that got out of hand and turned into a very low intensity riot, you'd be behaving completely differently and talking about completely different things.

FFS, just go from "INSURRECTION!!!!!" and turn it into mockery. It's more fun. It's true. And people will all agree with you.

« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2021, 02:41:09 pm »
When was the last time the doors of the House chamber were barricaded shut with armed officers pointing guns through broken windows at rioters?
Never? I don't know. But as you just called it- It was a riot, not an insurrection or a coup.

This is what certain posters are trying to dismiss or deflect from. Officer Sidnick, an apparent avid Trump supporter bludgeoned to death by Trump-supporting terrorists.
No one is trying to dismiss or deflect. We're calling certain posters out for attempting to turn a riot into some sort of serious coup attempt/mortal threat to the government.

« Reply #356 on: January 11, 2021, 03:23:54 pm »
Those people were idiots and deserve whatever jail time is coming at them.

But stop trying to turn this into something it isn't. Are you seriously this easily rattled in real life? Are you genuinely in terror and fear at the government being under attack?

People like me have been disgusted by your side for years. We have warned that continuing to coddle violent fascism would lead to something like this. We were told that we were overreacting and that everything would be fine. Now a mob of people from your side have sacked the Capitol with the intent of murdering congressmen and YOUR Vice President. And your side is still lying about how we're overreacting.

You might want to listen to what people like Lindsay Graham are saying about this. They know they were being targeted.

The mob killed a cop and attacked several police officers. What would you have to say if they had killed Pence or some Congressmen? "It's no big deal?" "Just some losers?"
"Yawn?"

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #357 on: January 11, 2021, 03:25:16 pm »
No one is trying to dismiss or deflect. We're calling certain posters out for attempting to turn a riot into some sort of serious coup attempt/mortal threat to the government.

The Phrase “Storm the Capitol” Was Used 100,000 Times Online in the Month Leading Up to the Mob

Many of these posts appeared in comments on viral tweets, and included explicit details about how to get inside the Capitol building.

Before the mob on Wednesday, a nonpartisan research organization called Advance Democracy Inc. published a report showing a spike in violent online rhetoric among Trump supporters. Last Monday, more than half of the top posts on a pro-Trump forum called TheDonald.win included calls for violence in the top five comments, with some people talking about how to sneak firearms into DC.

Twitter has warned that “plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating,” including a second attack on the US Capitol and state capitols on January 17. Private chat groups on Gab and Parler are also talking about disrupting Biden’s inauguration on January 20 with a “Million Militia March,” according to the Times. People are posting about ride shares and packing lists—some suggest bringing baseball bats, and others assault rifles.

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-elections/2021/01/the-phrase-storm-the-capitol-was-used-100000-times-online-in-the-month-leading-up-to-the-mob/

Yep, totally unplanned and random timing of events which miraculously coincided with the certification of electoral college votes by congress.

Keep trying to deflect. Nobody could have seen this coming...despite the people involved literally telling you what their plans are/were.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #358 on: January 11, 2021, 04:36:58 pm »

Yep, totally unplanned and random timing of events which miraculously coincided with the certification of electoral college votes by congress.

Keep trying to deflect. Nobody could have seen this coming...despite the people involved literally telling you what their plans are/were.

This has been said to Martini previously and he has actually acknowledged before coming back for another round of deflection and subterfuge.

Anyhoo, Martini is a person of little real consequence and Trump looks like he'll go down in history as the first American president to be banned from Twitter and impeached twice.  He may well be convicted in the senate, sparing us all another run in 2024 and living the rest of his life in infamy.

Let's just hope their next half-arsed Coup attempt does less damage.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:54:26 pm by Adel »

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #359 on: January 11, 2021, 05:13:07 pm »
I partly agree with you, and I don't want to glorify these morons as the revolutionaries they think they are, but context is important here. This happened in pursuit of overturning a democratic election. The President and many members of his party created and propagated the conspiracy theories that led to this extraordinary popular delusion, which led to at least five people getting killed. While it's not some military coup that will suddenly upend life as we know it, it's a pretty dark outcome and an ugly portent of things to come. And I think when you ignore all that, and fail to distinguish it from, say, drunk sports fans dancing on cars after a football game, it does look like you're deflecting.

We all know Marty's MO: he has an obsessive compulsion to argue the other side even when facts aren't on his side. He twists the definition of what happened; a riot, an insurrection, an attack on the Capitol into a "well it wasn't a coup attempt". 

This wasn't a protest gone wrong but a co-ordinated attempt to subvert the will of the people incited by a sitting President who lost his re-election.

It was timed, it was planned, records will reveal the extent to what was co-ordinated. Crimes committed could be conspiracy and sedition. This wasn't simply trespassing and theft.