Read 532 times

• tamahari
  • Waygookin

• September 07, 2016, 08:35:35 pm
    • Seoul. South Korea
Teeth whitening at dentist
« on: October 15, 2020, 09:37:22 am »
I keep getting these brownish stains on my front teeth nothing seems to take off for very long. A scaling will make them look better for a couple of weeks, but then they look stained again.  :lipsrsealed:

Has anyone gotten the teeth whitening procedure done at a Korean dentist? What is a reasonable price to expect to pay? What do they actually do (as far as you can tell?) Does it work? Does it last?

• buckybee
  • Veteran

• August 30, 2015, 02:36:08 pm
    • Daejeon
Re: Teeth whitening at dentist
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 10:40:03 am »
I didn't get it done but I was looking into it. You can expect to pay somewhere between 300,000 - 800,000 won. My dentist was charging around 480,000. The paper in the office said the whitening would last from up to 6 months to 3 years depending on the person's habits. It's possible you could find cheaper places but I think you should find a quality dentist first and think about the price later. Have you tried those whitening treatment kits? My friend went to get veneers because she wanted whiter permanent teeth but they told her that it would be better for her to try some teeth whitening kit because veneers would cause a lot of damage. I know your not asking about veneers but maybe you could try a teeth whitening kit before whitening your teeth at the dentist.

Also, do you drink a  lot of red wine, coffee, or black teas? Usually those are the causes of bad stains. I heard if you cut back on these things, stains will get better.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 11:01:33 am »
damn is it that expensive? thought it would last longer, too. i was thinking about it but, meh. think i'll just stick to getting a scaling. no one can see my teeth anyway these days due to always wearing a mask ;)

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 11:17:29 am »
https://www.amazon.com/Crest-Professional-Effects-Whitestrips-Whitening/dp/B00336EUTK

A pack lasts a year, much cheaper and better option as teeth whitening at dentists isn't permanent.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 11:25:35 am »
https://www.amazon.com/Crest-Professional-Effects-Whitestrips-Whitening/dp/B00336EUTK

A pack lasts a year, much cheaper and better option as teeth whitening at dentists isn't permanent.
oh these actually work? got good revies. thanks, i'm gonna try them (you can also get this brand on coupang)

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 11:46:47 am »
oh these actually work? got good revies. thanks, i'm gonna try them (you can also get this brand on coupang)

Worked great for me and the misses.

Mom recently had it done and she relayed what her dentist told her that, at best, a dentist will be able to lighten your teeth by not more than a few shades for most people. The super white smiles we see on celebrities etc. are photoshopped and/or very temporary airbrush whitening. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 11:57:12 am »
Worked great for me and the misses.

Mom recently had it done and she relayed what her dentist told her that, at best, a dentist will be able to lighten your teeth by not more than a few shades for most people. The super white smiles we see on celebrities etc. are photoshopped and/or very temporary airbrush whitening. 
nice. not bothered about extra white teeth (looks a bit weird anyway), but could do with a bit whiter. i'm gonna try this!

• tamahari
  • Waygookin

• September 07, 2016, 08:35:35 pm
    • Seoul. South Korea
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 03:45:59 pm »
I didn't get it done but I was looking into it. You can expect to pay somewhere between 300,000 - 800,000 won. My dentist was charging around 480,000. The paper in the office said the whitening would last from up to 6 months to 3 years depending on the person's habits. It's possible you could find cheaper places but I think you should find a quality dentist first and think about the price later. Have you tried those whitening treatment kits? My friend went to get veneers because she wanted whiter permanent teeth but they told her that it would be better for her to try some teeth whitening kit because veneers would cause a lot of damage. I know your not asking about veneers but maybe you could try a teeth whitening kit before whitening your teeth at the dentist.

Also, do you drink a  lot of red wine, coffee, or black teas? Usually those are the causes of bad stains. I heard if you cut back on these things, stains will get better.

Wow, that is expensive. Yeah, I have tried an at-home sollution. It didn't come with trays (I tried using aluminum foil) and didn't seem at all effective. Do the Crest whitening strips really work?

I drink one small latte (a shot of espresso in a cup of milk, really) maybe about 4 days a week, and a glass of red wine every other week or so. I could cut out both of those, I guess, but is it likely those little indulgences are causing this much staining?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:31:24 am by tamahari »

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 10:09:40 am »
I buy the Plus White tooth whitening kit and it works really well for me. It doesn't cause much sensitivity so i would do the max 20 minutes morning and night for 2 weeks and my teeth got so much whiter than with teeth whitening. I already have trays from previous teeth whitening experience so i used that, but it comes with a mouthguard you can mold to your mouth.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:08 am »
It's 2020.

Buy a whiter face mask.

:)

• buckybee
  • Veteran

• August 30, 2015, 02:36:08 pm
    • Daejeon
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 11:30:35 am »
Wow, that is expensive. Yeah, I have tried an at-home sollution. It didn't come with trays (I tried using aluminum foil) and didn't seem at all effective. Do the Crest whitening strips really work?

I drink one small latte (a shot of espresso in a cup of milk, really) maybe about 4 days a week, and a glass of red wine every other week or so. I could cut out both of those, I guess, but is it likely those little indulgences are causing this much staining?

That doesn't seem like a lot of coffee or wine to me. I definitely drink more coffee than you and I don't really have a staining problem.  However, my teeth aren't super white either so I don't know. It's probably best to talk with a dentist about your teeth in particular. Do you think it's possible something else is going on?

I heard wearing masks all day isn't great for your teeth health either, so maybe that has something to do with it.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 11:53:03 am »
yeah i drink like 5 coffees a day. anyway, isn't it true that super white teeth aren't that healthy? i thought enamel was naturally a bit yellow?

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 01:35:55 pm »
yeah i drink like 5 coffees a day. anyway, isn't it true that super white teeth aren't that healthy? i thought enamel was naturally a bit yellow?

Maybe in the UK...

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 02:08:15 pm »
Time to post this again.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=usrx4D3TyNw

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 02:20:59 pm »

I (think) I have pretty white teeth (not super healthy, at least before the last dentist appointment). I am lucky in part, as I used to smoke and used to drink a lot of coffee. I have used the Crest White Strips a couple of times throughout the years and they definitely work. One thing to note though, they will make your teeth very sensitive for a short time (a couple of weeks maybe).

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 02:49:38 pm »