Read 873 times

• Lucky2019
  • Waygookin

• March 10, 2019, 10:08:04 pm
    • South korea
Stupidity on holding a job in Korea
« on: October 13, 2020, 03:28:32 am »
Hi There,

I want to share something that might make you laugh or you could imagine how I am foolish.

I was working in South Korea since 2011, my Visa catagory was E7-1 and by profession I am an Electronics  Engineer(code 2253).

Any way my last company was in Busan which contact period started from 8th August 2019. I was smoothly working there 7 months and last sudden pandamic starts on 11th January 2020.

Since I was with my family, I got panic, became mentality sick for covid 19. I told my company for unpaid leave for 2weeks after 20th February. Those days were terrible since rate of infection goes higher.

In 26th February I decided to return my home country and that ticket was canceled, I pick up one in 29th and returned home, thinking that at higher temperatures things will be better.

I was in contact with company,  they said me to come back in May 2020. In May 2020 a chareted flight was available from my country and I decided to go back Korea alone. But, suddenly company said " you dont have any job to do here and look for the others". I was too much shocked!

Last September 2020, my visa expired and my homeland became factory of covid 19! Korean immigration restricted us to cross their boundary.

My career, future and dream all goes to in real black hole.

I have a Korean masters degree and many korean company still interested on me but while they know my location, they turned their face.

Now what should I do? After this pandemic can I visit their as a tourist and manage any company? Its impossible to get D10 from my country but if any company sends me documents I can apply E7-1 from here. Does this expectation is meaningless?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Stupidity on holding a job in Korea
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 09:33:04 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

If you have Korean education and experience you should be able to get a job if:

A) The industries you worked in havenít tanked (commercial aviation, for example)

B) Travel from your country is permitted.

Best of luck!

• Lucky2019
  • Waygookin

• March 10, 2019, 10:08:04 pm
    • South korea
Re: Stupidity on holding a job in Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 02:41:17 am »
Sorry to hear that.

If you have Korean education and experience you should be able to get a job if:

A) The industries you worked in havenít tanked (commercial aviation, for example)

B) Travel from your country is permitted.

Best of luck!

Right at this moment Korean Embassy doesn't process any file for any kind of Visa. At this point the people who has F2 or F5 can fly with a authentic negative  covid 19 certificate from back routes of Abudhabi to Seoul. But, direct flight with China is impossible.

Since my Visa has expired, but my 9 years career and degree are in hand.
Usally I survived there during job transition in D10( job seeking Visa).

Not sure when this pandemic will stop. Not sure if I return Korea with a tourist Visa then any company will hire me. Everything is unpredictable.

Korean immigration won't  be more strict?