Read 5476 times

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Trump Got COVID-19
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2020, 01:25:50 pm »
No offence meant! Just some light-hearted ribbing!
I think we can all agree that it's possible that the folk setting up the event may have spread some germs.
That "news" sources are theorizing that they were deliberately spread to infect only Republicans is a bit of a chuckle because shows a fundamental ignorance of Covid transmission, stats, and probability.
Like previous folk have already pointed out, Covid contact transmission is far too hit or miss to be a reliable tool for taking out specific individuals in a crowded venue.

To my knowledge only we wear N95 and or KF94 masks here.  In North America, they wear the cloth or dental masks that actually say on the box :" does not stop covid 19".  So, the fact most people wear a flimsy mask and often take it off when the cameras are off is a waste of time.  Biden and Wallace spent a huge amount of time with no mask and I never saw them use hand sanitizer.  The fact is that debate place would have been sanitized and cleaned before anyone used it.  So, how could corona spread?  And if it did, it would have spread to everyone and not just Trump and few of his aids.  Trump also wore the mask occasionally too.  Just not for fake show like many left wing journalists and Biden did.  It had to have been spread or released since they all were practicing social distancing as well.  If Trump was socially distanced from everyone or most people, how could he and a couple of people in his orbit have caught it and no one else.  Something was set up.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2020, 02:27:01 pm »
Why do you think he got it at the debate?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2020, 02:33:06 pm »
Covid is not cyanide: contacting a few viral particles in no way guarantees infection.
Calculating the probability of catching a disease after a single exposure event is incredibly difficult ( as this research paper illustrates!), but suffice to say that it's a lot lower than most people imagine.
  And of course, luck comes into play: It's possible -- unlikely, but certainly possible -- to remain HIV negative after decades of intimate relations with an HIV positive spouse. On the other hand, it's also possible to be infected after your first and only encounter.
   And let's face it: considering that the republican party has made downplaying the Corona virus part of their political platform, it's not exactly surprising that those who rarely wear masks, meet and greet hundreds of people every day, and ignore social distancing policies are disproportionately affected by contagion. :undecided:

Occam's Razor makes assassination-attempt-by-Corona-virus a very, very, very unlikely scenario. Not impossible, granted, just exceedingly unlikely.

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2020, 02:34:16 pm »
The fact is that debate place would have been sanitized and cleaned before anyone used it.  So, how could corona spread?
I can't imagine someone getting paid $12 an hour missing a spot or not doing everything exactly by the book, especially with everything being arranged and random people barking orders and people constantly coming and going.

It had to have been spread or released since they all were practicing social distancing as well.
Or random floor sweeper who tested negative the day before either because of low viral load or bad test was actually positive and put his hand on a doorknob after scratching his nuts.

If Trump was socially distanced from everyone or most people, how could he and a couple of people in his orbit have caught it and no one else.  Something was set up.
The same way 8 kids in your class can come down with the flu but 12 others, including the booger eater sitting next to Patient Zero somehow don't catch it- random chance and whatnot.

Is that a massive conspiracy when that happens? Is something up then? Did the Provincial Education Office's sleeper cell squad come in and start infecting random kids with the flu?

There are these things called "books" and this thing called "science", start with a base of actual knowledge and then you can start sorting through some of this rather than instantly believing batcrap crazy theories. FFS dude, I'm on the right and am very limited when it comes to science, but as a frickin college graduate with an actual real education even I can tell how ridiculous some of the RW conspiracy theory crap is.

You know how dumb many lefties sound when they talk about guns or rural life or crap like "Why don't they just shoot him in the leg?" That's how many RWers sound when they start talking about science-y stuff. Just like we tell them to get some learning and do some listening, we need to do the same with the science.

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2020, 11:11:30 am »
I'm sure he will be okay.