Read 3157 times

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Defund the police
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2020, 11:28:41 am »
My mistake, they said they were Marxists in an interview, it said they wanted to dismantle the nuclear family on the website.

https://fee.org/articles/is-black-lives-matter-marxist-no-and-yes/

Good enough for me. Though of course, people organising marches/posting black squares on facebook etc. aren't necessarily aware of this.

Well, an opinion piece from a right-wing think tank with ties to Praeger U isn't good enough for me. It contains some seriously goofy shit.

These kinds of conservative criticisms of Black Lives Matter are widespread. And on one hand, they’re right: The official Black Lives Matter organization is Marxist, is anti-American in its values, and its views are rightfully alarming to anyone who believes in the Constitution, capitalism, and civil society as we know it.

What does "anti-American" even mean? It probably has a different meaning for literally every person you ask. Those of us who were against the Iraq war were called anti-American, and now the President claims that position for himself. Shallow, meaningless nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 11:42:09 am by fka »

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2020, 11:29:50 am »
Watch out guys, L1 posted a video

A video of people you've never heard of, saying some overheated things at rallies. Shocking.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2020, 11:52:15 am »
Watch out guys, L1 posted a video

[edit: sorry i had a kiddie tantrum :( ]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:01:56 pm by tylerthegloob »

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2020, 11:57:10 am »
it seems 90% of people out there can't see a group of people in ideological opposition to themselves without assuming they're some sort of international terror group bent on world domination. It's like people freaking out about the Tea Party of a bunch of people in MAGA hats. "OMG look at the Nazis. I saw some video where they picked out the most extreme crazy guy in general proximity who said extreme crazy crap- They all think like that!!!!!"

Why do so many people on this site constantly shit themselves in fear? MUSLIMS!!!!! TRUMP!!!!!!!! BLM!!!!!!!! KOREA TIMES!!!!!!!! GEORGE SOROS!!!!!!

The reverse of this is the people who fanboy JOHN STOSSEL!!!!!!! JORDAN PETERSON!!!!!!! DAVID PAKMAN!!!!! BEN SHAPIRO!!!!!!!

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2020, 12:02:46 pm »
it seems 90% of people out there can't see a group of people in ideological opposition to themselves without assuming they're some sort of international terror group bent on world domination. It's like people freaking out about the Tea Party of a bunch of people in MAGA hats. "OMG look at the Nazis. I saw some video where they picked out the most extreme crazy guy in general proximity who said extreme crazy crap- They all think like that!!!!!"

Why do so many people on this site constantly shit themselves in fear? MUSLIMS!!!!! TRUMP!!!!!!!! BLM!!!!!!!! KOREA TIMES!!!!!!!! GEORGE SOROS!!!!!!

The reverse of this is the people who fanboy JOHN STOSSEL!!!!!!! JORDAN PETERSON!!!!!!! DAVID PAKMAN!!!!! BEN SHAPIRO!!!!!!!

This is possibly the most centrist take I've seen from you yet.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2020, 12:06:15 pm »
JOHN STOSSEL!!!!!!! JORDAN PETERSON!!!!!!! DAVID PAKMAN!!!!! BEN SHAPIRO!!!!!!!

except we've seen a (metric) ***load of stossel and peterson links on this site and only a few pakmans (tbh i havent seen any but i'm trying to be fair).

conclusion: open the shapiro floodgates

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2020, 12:12:02 pm »
except we've seen a (metric) ***load of stossel and peterson links on this site and only a few pakmans (tbh i havent seen any but i'm trying to be fair).

conclusion: open the shapiro floodgates

Let’s say, hypothetically, you’ve been a naughty girl even, ok, and if you were a naughty girl you would also be my dirty little **** right? Then hypothetically speaking you would be my little *******. Now let’s say that you’re also daddy’s girl, now that we’ve established you’re both a bad girl and daddy’s girl, then I believe you’d agree with me when I say that you deserve a spanking, am I not correct? A bad girl deserves a spanking and as I am daddy, you are my girl, so I am the one who must provide punishment.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2020, 12:15:07 pm »
thanks, i hate it. DEACTIVATE ME KYNDOOOOOOOO

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2020, 12:35:30 pm »
 No. You might've caught whatever it is that's afflicting 745sticky.
I'm not getting anywhere close to either of you.
 :huh:

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2020, 12:42:05 pm »
I was a case manager/resident advocate in a mens homeless shelter. I personally only had to call the police once out of two years working there. These guys had a wide variety of issues; mental health, drug addiction, post prison supervision, serious health issues. So I don't think finding applicants will be a problem.

You're also in a controlled environment and not showing up to an unknown environment or stopping a robbery or murder in progress.  But the way this is going, you won't have to defund the police, many will just avoid it as a career and many are retiring early.  In the 1970's and 1980's most big cities, especially New York, crime was through the roof.  In the 90's, Giuliani cleaned it up.  (Crime went way down.)  I even remember most adults talking about it at the time ans saying how bad it use to be before.  Bloomberg for all his nonsense, did keep most of Giuliani's law and order stuff in place.  But his (Bloomberg) banning sugar soda and other nanny state stuff was weird.  Now, he's bitter that he couldn't be rich and get the Democratic nomination so now he's trying to spend lots of money in Florida to beat Trump.  But, if he want's to waste hundreds of millions of dollars so be it. 

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2020, 01:07:37 pm »
You're also in a controlled environment and not showing up to an unknown environment or stopping a robbery or murder in progress.  But the way this is going, you won't have to defund the police, many will just avoid it as a career and many are retiring early.  In the 1970's and 1980's most big cities, especially New York, crime was through the roof.  In the 90's, Giuliani cleaned it up.  (Crime went way down.)  I even remember most adults talking about it at the time ans saying how bad it use to be before.  Bloomberg for all his nonsense, did keep most of Giuliani's law and order stuff in place.  But his (Bloomberg) banning sugar soda and other nanny state stuff was weird.  Now, he's bitter that he couldn't be rich and get the Democratic nomination so now he's trying to spend lots of money in Florida to beat Trump.  But, if he want's to waste hundreds of millions of dollars so be it. 

Hardly controlled. At any time I would have to ban a client due to any number of infractions. Which could lead to them being in violation of their post prison supervision. How that person would deal with that was always an unknown. But please tell me more about my previous job.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2020, 01:14:50 pm »
Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Candace Owens et al are the only sensible people out there today. They are the true heroes. Unafraid to speak the truth when the screaming leftist snowflakes all run to their safe place (after spewing hatred and burning down an innocent bystander's business) while pointing their fingers and "Look, there goes the bad guy." a la Tony Montana.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2020, 01:21:20 pm »
Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Candace Owens et al are the only sensible people out there today. They are the true heroes. Unafraid to speak the truth when the screaming leftist snowflakes all run to their safe place (after spewing hatred and burning down an innocent bystander's business) while pointing their fingers and "Look, there goes the bad guy." a la Tony Montana.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is sarcasm

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2020, 01:28:05 pm »
Like most people, all three make some good points about some things. They also have some bad takes on other things. You can see their limitations though- Shapiro and Peterson both seem to have a stick up their rear and don't know when to relax and be charming. Candace Owens is spectacularly bad at what she's supposed to do- Reach out to black voters. She is good with a certain subset of black voter, but she says some things that are just complete facepalms and make clear her lack of ability to connect. I mean, I'm not even black and it's that obvious.

I want to hear black conservatives who are comfortable being black and being around black people and are active in the black community. I don't want to listen to black people who fled to the suburbs and avoid blackness on black issues. I'm happy to listen to them on other issues (i.e. Condi Rice on national security) but if you aren't even comfortable with your own community, you can't claim to speak for or represent it. I will say she does a good job addressing things like economics, education, upward mobility, etc. in the black community, but not things like policing, race, etc. And there was one tweet of hers, I can't remember but it was recent and relating to a cop shooting, and it was just like "Man.....that's like one step away from Uncle Ruckus territory." When someone who leans right thinks you're engaged in something beyond tokenism and into...I can't say the word but some of you know it...territory", that should be a sign.  Like I've never tossed that label onto any black conservative and what they say, but that tweet I was like "There's no other way to describe it." Say what you will about Herman Cain or Thomas Sowell or Condi Rice or Ben Carson, never thought those terms applied to them. The only other person I've seen like that has been Michelle Malkin. What would the Asian word for that be? Squirrling? Yellowing? or just call everyone doing that Ruckusing?

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1265123322615992322
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1273729932993204224

Candace Owens is not Sam Hemington, and I think both get too much grief, but if you want to understand how a lot of black folks see Candace, just look at Sam.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 01:47:53 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2020, 01:58:41 pm »
I want to hear black conservatives who are comfortable being black and being around black people and are active in the black community. I don't want to listen to black people who fled to the suburbs and avoid blackness on black issues. I'm happy to listen to them on other issues (i.e. Condi Rice on national security) but if you aren't even comfortable with your own community, you can't claim to speak for or represent it.

Isn't 'black issues'. 'blackness' 'comfortable being black etc.' the kind of identity politics lingo most black conservatives would be speaking against? 

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2020, 02:37:40 pm »
the christian right (including black conservatives) loves to play the (christian) identity politics game, so i don't know why they'd have any problems with the left playing the (racial) identity politics game

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2020, 02:49:22 pm »
the christian right (including black conservatives) loves to play the (christian) identity politics game, so i don't know why they'd have any problems with the left playing the (racial) identity politics game

The Left want to destroy Christmas and White Jesus!!!

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2020, 02:50:25 pm »
Christianity is a set of beliefs, not an immutable characteristic so I wouldn't characterise it as identity politics.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2020, 03:00:39 pm »
Christianity is a set of beliefs, not an immutable characteristic so I wouldn't characterise it as identity politics.

being black is not engaging in identity politics. it is immutable.
being christian is not engaging in identity politics. it is (allegedly!) mutable.
anyone can use any part of their identity to engage in identity politics.

i'm not exactly sure what you mean. are you saying that only mutable identities (ex. one's christianity) should be used when engaging in identity politics? or are you saying that christians don't engage in identity politics?

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2020, 03:08:18 pm »
To me identity politics is grouping people together under an immutable characteristic and assuming they think the same way about certain things.