Read 2408 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Typhoon Maysak 2020
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2020, 01:33:06 pm »
You should probably tone down the hyperbole. You may be right next time but people won't take you seriously.   On the humorous side I can picture VanIslander sleeping in his bathtub wearing a hockey helmet while around ten pm I strolled through my apartment grounds carrying my sleeping two year old nephew back to his parents place.  He didn't bat an eye.  It was raining slightly.

I know what your director is thinking today.  You cried wolf to get out of that TOEIC class. 
every time i comment on one of vanislander's ridiculous posts, he sneakily deletes it. so don't be surprised to see your post gone by tomorrow

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2020, 02:57:19 pm »
every time i comment on one of vanislander's ridiculous posts, he sneakily deletes it. so don't be surprised to see your post gone by tomorrow

Haha, he's deleting them?  I'll have to watch out for that. 

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2020, 09:08:17 pm »
Attacking an idea is legit, attacking someone's character violates the terms of service.

Be hard on the problem, not the person.

Take the political threads as an example. Wildly differing opinions can coexist. Calling an individual derogatory names crosses the line.

The point is for everyone to get along even if they disagree.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2020, 07:09:50 am »
Take the political threads as an example.
please no  :cry:

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2020, 08:12:40 am »
Attacking an idea is legit, attacking someone's character violates the terms of service.

Take the political threads as an example. Wildly differing opinions can coexist. Calling an individual derogatory names crosses the line.

better delete onenut's post too then

also i don't think calling someone smug when they are being....smug is an "attack". sure got thin skin for someone who prides himself on his age and life experience \_(ツ)_/

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2020, 08:37:57 am »
better delete onenut's post too then

also i don't think calling someone smug when they are being....smug is an "attack". sure got thin skin for someone who prides himself on his age and life experience \_(ツ)_/

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2020, 10:15:34 am »
I have never known there to be more than 2 typhoons in a year here, at most.  This year we are on, what?  6 or 7?  Something very strange going on with the weather.  Two month raining season.  Summer almost seems like it's finished already as the nights are cooler, while the day time is still hot.  Very very weird.  I slept through Bavi which shows how much it missed the mid/upper west coast.  Could it be, in part,  with fewer flights and the pollution from them because of Covid-19?  Very strange. 

We have more than usual, but they still weaken when they hit most of Korea.  Jeju and some southern coastal areas get it a bit worse sometimes.  But overall, even this year, with more of these, it has just been some moderate to heavy rains.  Though this summer we did have some flooding and some landslides.  A few deaths but not too many.  South Korea has gotten off light compared to North Korea and China.  Those nations really bore the brunts of the rains this year.  (Rains, not typhoons.)