Read 1283 times

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
Re: What is your "GET UP AND GO" song?
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 01:42:57 pm »
Stop making this thread a debate/review etc. about rock!   Jesus!  Create a rock forum for that!  *ohh you did~ go there, and vomit all your opinions!

This thread was created to showcase songs that rev you up~ !

Take your bullshit elsewhere...and stop derailing every ****** thread with your inane drivel!

No one ****** cares if you you wanted to see Led Zeppelin in their prime!

LEAVE THE SONG THAT REVS YOU UP (and perhaps a little exposition)  AND THEN LEAVE!   

Sorta like what you're doing right here eh.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NE Hemisphere

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 11:37:41 pm »
Stop making this thread a debate/review etc. about rock!   Jesus!  Create a rock forum for that!  *ohh you did~ go there, and vomit all your opinions!

This thread was created to showcase songs that rev you up~ !

Take your bullshit elsewhere...and stop derailing every ****** thread with your inane drivel!

No one ****** cares if you you wanted to see Led Zeppelin in their prime!

LEAVE THE SONG THAT REVS YOU UP (and perhaps a little exposition)  AND THEN LEAVE!   
Right on!

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2020, 09:32:14 am »
Right on!

Agreed 100%, if you wish to discuss your days of being a groupie to drunken drummers and getting all hot and bothered during their solos from 1973, start a thread. I was keen to learn about some potentially new music till the "old squad" decided to assemble for a circle-jerk.

I apologize, I try not to get this irritated and vulgar but you guys aren't getting the message; IT'S BORING and at this moment in time, I cannot think of a band more uncool and that I wouldn't want to listen to than Led Zeppelin.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 09:52:54 am »
Agreed 100%, if you wish to discuss your days of being a groupie to drunken drummers and getting all hot and bothered during their solos from 1973, start a thread. I was keen to learn about some potentially new music till the "old squad" decided to assemble for a circle-jerk.

I apologize, I try not to get this irritated and vulgar but you guys aren't getting the message; IT'S BORING and at this moment in time, I cannot think of a band more uncool and that I wouldn't want to listen to than Led Zeppelin.

Pot and kettle. 'Cosmic girl' is boring as eff IMO and was also released before some people on here were born. Was there some rule in the title about what sort of music is allowed to make you get up and go?  No. Dippedinblush was just drink typing and being rude again. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:59:46 am by stoat »

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 10:02:53 am »
Pot and kettle. 'Cosmic girl' is boring as eff IMO and was also released before some people on here were born,  so think on. 

You really don't get it? Wow, that's actually amazing.

I'm not asking people to like my music and it's not about how old or modern it is. The point is that you don't start long discussions in a thread where the request was simply to post a song, perhaps with a short description, and let others do the same.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2020, 10:12:21 am »
Says who? All the other threads on what books/films /music etc People like contain discussions. If someone posted about the time they saw Jarimoquai back in the 90s, you'd be telling them to shut up?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:16:38 am by stoat »

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2020, 10:41:57 am »
If someone posted about the time they saw Jarimoquai back in the 90s, you'd be telling them to shut up?

Yes, as I wouldn't be even mildly interested. I've never understood the appeal of hearing people's stories about certain musicians or knowing what kind of slippers Stuart Zender wears at home. More importantly, neither would anyone else.

I'm more interested in learning about new music from others than talking about some BS trivia on a song that perhaps only 2 other people in a thread are interest in. Ultimately, my whacky belief is that listening more and talking less leads to better music appreciation.

That's all I'm prepared to say in this thread.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2020, 11:22:07 am »

Wow! The anger and bitterness are strong in this one. Also that profound lack of respect.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2020, 11:25:07 am »
"That's all I'm prepared to say in this thread."

Thank you.

Because no one in the galaxy wants to listen to your whinging about anything, anywhere, anytime.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2020, 11:54:43 am »
I bet he's a blast at social events.

'Hey, I went to a great gig last night'
'Not interested, I have to appreciate this Jarimoquai track. '
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:33:17 pm by stoat »

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2020, 02:02:26 pm »
I'm split on this. I don't think a few side comments are a problem. If someone's like "Oh hey, I saw Zeppelin perform 'Rock & Roll' live at blah blah blah" and someone responds with "Awesome, I got to see em at such and such, blah blah blah", I don't see what the big deal is. At the same time, having it veer into ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS (shoutout to anyone who gets the reference) is unnecessary.

Anyways, does anyone even listen to anyone else's music in any of these? From my experience with these threads and facebook groups and so on, no one ever does. It has to be something someone already has some base-level of interest in (e.g. "I like Yanni...Live at the Acropolis...again??? Ooooo"  for people to click and listen, unless they're in the depths of office boredom and are looking for anything to entertain them. At least have something that gets people talking and conversatin' (although Aristocrat does have a point regarding a "repository thread."

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2020, 10:49:02 am »
Not a 'song' per se as it has no lyrics but it definitely gets me up and ready to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAvkuxqCe0&list=RDohAvkuxqCe0&start_radio=1

Honorable mention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG6IaSQCpU

Not the best quality vid, but it is the complete version with Michael Shrieve's drum solo; the abridged version is here for those not into drum solos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaaT_HRb4GU