Read 8098 times

Re: Newsflash: Rock music is the center of the music universe.
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2020, 02:10:24 pm »
No, I was pointing out that you need not be a complete dinosaur and think cheese is some hard to find item and that there are plenty of places to find a halfway-decent selection. Unfortunately you still have people here who think it's 2002.

Did you read all the way through that thread you linked?  Did you notice how others were harmlessly just talking about tea and your second post introduced all sorts of unrelated crap?  Nobody mentioned '2002', except you?  Why would you assume that people in a 2017 thread think it's 'still 2002'?  You were way off then and continue to be so.  You don't get to introduce random nonsense into a thread and then re-quote it to make a point.  Doesn't work like that.  And as for this.

Boo frickin hoo. It's called living overseas.

Christ almighty. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:12:07 pm by Ronnie Omelettes »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2020, 02:21:18 pm »
he's only upset because you're all breaking The Rules for Having an Opinion on the Internet

the cheese in lotte dept store is primarily for koreans. it's expensive because not many koreans eat cheese. is the cheese aimed at expats? no. so you can't have an opinion about it

« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2020, 02:53:46 pm »
he's only upset because you're all breaking The Rules for Having an Opinion on the Internet

the cheese in lotte dept store is primarily for koreans. it's expensive because not many koreans eat cheese. is the cheese aimed at expats? no. so you can't have an opinion about it
No, it means your opinion should maybe acknowledge that you aren't the damn center of the universe and the reason around which entire stores and countries should price things and set their import/export terms.

Christ almighty. 
Yes, Ronnie, Boo frickin hoo. Welcome to living overseas. Now you know how immigrants feel. You could at least try to handle it with a fraction of the dignity immigrants in our own countries handle things. You don't see them bitching up a storm because foreign products are 20% more expensive than back home or hard to find. Why? Because they aren't spoiled brats who move overseas expecting everything to be just as it was back home because they've been raised to believe that life revolves around them and that everything they do is 'proper' and the REAL way. They understand what is involved in living abroad like most normal adults do. They understand that if they want stuff from back home, gasp!, they have to either make it from scratch or set up an importation and distribution network that will cost money. Not whine that stuff doesn't magically appear at the store at the lowest price possible.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2020, 02:57:21 pm »
No, it means your opinion should maybe acknowledge that you aren't the damn center of the universe and the reason around which entire stores and countries should price things and set their import/export terms.

wait, who's claiming to be the centre of the universe again?

« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2020, 02:59:02 pm »

Another popular one....  You're coming out with all the hits today.

Yes, Ronnie, Boo frickin hoo. Welcome to living overseas. Now you know how immigrants feel. You could at least try to handle it with a fraction of the dignity immigrants in our own countries handle things. You don't see them bitching up a storm because foreign products are 20% more expensive than back home or hard to find. Why? Because they aren't spoiled brats who move overseas expecting everything to be just as it was back home because they've been raised to believe that life revolves around them and that everything they do is 'proper' and the REAL way. They understand what is involved in living abroad like most normal adults do. They understand that if they want stuff from back home, gasp!, they have to either make it from scratch or set up an importation and distribution network that will cost money. Not whine that stuff doesn't magically appear at the store at the lowest price possible.

Why are you telling me this?  They were asking about where to get tea from and you jump in with this high-horse bollocks.  2017?  And you're still doing it today.  You really need to get over yourself. 

You need a holiday.  Seriously.  Maybe it's the heat.  2002 heat that is!

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2020, 03:26:55 pm »
Another popular one....  You're coming out with all the hits today.

How ironic from Marty.

Playing his usual BS to the same crowd. All the young kids wonít get it.

He hasnít put across any new stuff since circa-2010s.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2020, 04:44:04 pm »
The state of rock music in 2020:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNjB8ZCBuHY

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2020, 08:38:46 pm »
Sure he might have had some racist tendencies, but he's not a proper racist.

Winner!

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2020, 09:16:49 pm »
Any instrument you play will get chicks.....A lot of girls love people who are musically inclined~
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:19:03 pm by dippedinblush »

« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2020, 09:29:18 pm »
Any instrument you play will get chicks.....A lot of girls love people who are musically inclined~

The privilege I relish most about being a white guy is being able to openly make fun of white guys.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2020, 03:03:17 am »
It's challenging to put the center of rock music universe on any person or band, however,  I name Mozart.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2020, 03:06:43 am »
It's challenging to put the center of rock music universe on any person or band, however,  I name Mozart.

We was ahead of his time.

https://youtu.be/cVikZ8Oe_XA

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2020, 09:07:02 am »

The privilege I relish most about being a white guy is being able to openly make fun of white guys.

So, you're saying he blows a good tune?

« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2020, 10:12:00 am »
So, you're saying he blows a good tune?

Iím saying he who bloweth, gets blown.

« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2020, 10:34:53 am »

True, problem is many guitarists (particularly the Rock ones) get so up their ass about technique, specifically speed.
I used to think it was my 200bpm sweep arpeggios that impressed the ladies, it wasn't... it's the passion that people find attractive, I think.

Any guitarists wants to target the ladies? Learn to play fingerstyle, Neo-Soul and sing, if possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eu-2t6dgX4

• hippo
  • Super Waygook

• July 16, 2011, 11:28:36 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2020, 11:42:00 am »
True, problem is many guitarists (particularly the Rock ones) get so up their ass about technique, specifically speed.
I used to think it was my 200bpm sweep arpeggios that impressed the ladies, it wasn't... it's the passion that people find attractive, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eu-2t6dgX4

I cannot disagree but itís hard to not be impressed by Yngwie Malmsteen play *Flight of the Bumblebee.Ē  He is an excellent athlete.  And thatís an awesome song.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:04:36 pm by hippo »

« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2020, 01:04:55 pm »

Turns out the underlying medical issue in relation to complaints of a WAP may be a LAD (limp...)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/style/wap-cardi-b.html

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2020, 09:02:41 am »
Rock music of varying forms was on the mainstream top 40 mixed with pop rap and other stuff up until about 10 years ago.  Now, you never see it.  Of course Elvis and the Beatles was different from Kiss and Led Zeppelin.  These were different from Def Leppard and Guns and Roses which were different from Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, and Soundgarden.  The last mainstream radio airplay rock groups were in the 2000's decade with groups like Linkin Park (which became more pop with time) and 3 Days Grace and others. 

So, it depends on which type of rock you like.  Also, heavy metal in the 80's or speed metal like Metallica (which slowed down and mellowed a bit in the 1990's) and Pantera.  There was industrial metal in the 90s like Korn and Nine Inch Nails (Which I disliked the least).  YouTube still has many rock bands releasing new material like Five Finger Punch, Skillet, etc. 

There are also some pretty good cover bands of older rock songs, made a bit heavier.  Some of those are pretty good.  I have been listening to these cover artists lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3YEbE7OXm4

I like many forms of rock except the older stuff.  Not really into 50s and 60s stuff.  Some heavier 70's stuff, a lot of 80s, 90s, and 2000s up until now I like, except for 90s industrial metal.  I can tolerate some rap and pop compared to when I was a kid.  But if it's too slow I don't like it.  I like many types of music depending on my mood I guess.  I don't like a lot of country, except some of the rockier stuff and maybe some older outlaw country but in small doses like Cash, Nelson, Jennings. etc. 

I guess rock is still my favorite form of music.  Everything from the old power ballads or smooth sounding music to heavier grittier stuff.