Read 559 times

Pick up a feather from the ground

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Pick up a feather from the ground

Oh, dawtee. I let kiddo put wood in the campfire when mom isn't looking, hahaha. She's 4.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

Oh, dawtee. I let kiddo put wood in the campfire when mom isn't looking, hahaha. She's 4.

I hope she can keep her mouth shut!  :huh:

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
bomb down a hill on his scooter.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
I hope she can keep her mouth shut!  :huh:
Gf told me she was gonna give kiddo some soju and I thought, "Why on earth............"

So she poured a shot for kiddo and gave it to her.

:-* Here.

:huh: No! *makes X with arms*

:-* Mom says it's okay to have it. Go ahead.

:huh: That's not healthy for me! I can't have that. It's술!

Kindergarten gets props from me for drilling that into the kid's heads. haha

Wait, is there a segue for this anecdote?  :sad:

Wait, is there a segue for this anecdote?  :sad:

So you let her pour it into the fire when mummy wasn’t looking  :wink:

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
i did a lesson about this video a while ago:

"5 dangerous things you should let you kids do"

it was a pretty good one, although all the students unanimously agreed they wouldn't let their kids do any of those things

https://www.ted.com/talks/gever_tulley_5_dangerous_things_you_should_let_your_kids_do

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Was that the one where the guy compared kids playgrounds of the past with ones nowadays. It was in a TED talk I saw about letting kids take risks I think.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
oo no but that will also make a good lesson. nice idea

Was that the one where the guy compared kids playgrounds of the past with ones nowadays. It was in a TED talk I saw about letting kids take risks I think.

Sounds more like a generational difference than a cultural one.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
Jonathon Haidt talks a lot about the playground in the UK that is "dangerous." If you can find his lectures on his most recent book The Coddling of the American Mind you'll see it. They're an hour long but they're really interesting.

1) Pick up a feather from the ground

2) Lick the butter knife clean

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Sounds more like a generational difference than a cultural one.

I grew up in central Florida in the sixties, and the playgrounds I played on were dirt, though probably at one time grass, before the millions of kid feet killed it all, but the one at school was asphalt!--hard surface, except when it was super hot and almost molten.  The city park was grass and dirt, but had a bunch of peacocks running loose, and they are some mean bastards. 

TIL that the collective noun for peafowl is an ostentation.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

I grew up in central Florida in the sixties, and the playgrounds I played on were dirt, though probably at one time grass, before the millions of kid feet killed it all, but the one at school was asphalt!--hard surface, except when it was super hot and almost molten.  The city park was grass and dirt, but had a bunch of peacocks running loose, and they are some mean bastards. 

TIL that the collective noun for peafowl is an ostentation.

And of course there was always an adult right there beside you to shout “Be careful!” any time you went any faster than a stroller’s pace.

Re: peafowl

Are you that boy from Rikki Tikki Tavi?

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
And of course there was always an adult right there beside you to shout “Be careful!” any time you went any faster than a stroller’s pace.

Re: peafowl

Are you that boy from Rikki Tikki Tavi?

Love that story.  I do a very popular two week camp of Animal Stories Around the World--I mean it's got three of the kiddos favorite things.  One day is Rudyard Kipling, and to end, I show them a very good cartoon of RTT, narration by Orson Welles, directed by the inimitable Chuck Jones.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

directed by the inimitable Chuck Jones.

3) watch Looney Tunes