Read 2041 times

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Anyone get a VPN for Netflix?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2020, 12:49:44 pm »
No, I am paying the extra sales tax.  I have a lot of Skype minutes.   Before it was pretty cheap to get a monthly subscription for a US phone number through Skype, so my relatives could call ME affordably.  My older relatives wanted to be able to call me without dealing with computers and cell phones.  Now, it is a lot more expensive to buy a US cell phone number at least through Skype.  My grandmother has since passed away and more old relatives have smartphones, so it does not so matter as much anyway. 

Ah, I didn't do the monthly subscription or use a phone number so different for me I guess.  Just bought minutes occasionally.  Not expensive to me.  Not sure why Skype had to partner with Daesung though.  Thought FTA killed the need for foreign companies to partner with Korean companies. 

• Fanwarrior
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 06, 2011, 09:19:35 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Anyone get a VPN for Netflix?
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2020, 12:53:04 pm »
I used Windscribe to successfully connect to Netflix US a few weeks back. It's a paid VPN sadly, but the free version gives you 10gb a month. Not much, but good for a few episodes.

Anyway, I only connected to the US Netflix because I wanted to verify that it has Supernatural, which it does. Korean Netflix doesn't have it for some reason, and I really want to watch it with my wife (her English is great, but she prefers watching with Korean subtitles).

If anyone knows where I can get hold of that I'd be grateful.

I use this as well since you can easily connect to Canada, US and UK netflix with their special servers. I've never seen netflix block it or detect it as a VPN. As far as the price goes, be patient. Usually once a year or so they have a special event where you can get 18-24 months for only like $20-30. I just checked my email and it looks like I bought it on December 18 last year and its' good til august next year and paid only $20.