Read 1658 times

Ronnie, DMart's point was that the school wasn't saying anything about OP's paranoia about being singled out and the paranoia they felt about being different.

There was zero 'paranoia' in the post from a fairly new teacher, who was asking an honest question about other people receiving such a memo, that 'paranoia' was mentioned by someone else.  In this instance, getting a memo about Covid-19 in English, may have been a shock, but telling someone 'the world doesn't revolve around them' is disparaging nonsense to say the least, as is, is this 'your first salaried job'.  We should really start a drinking game where you have to take a shot of soju if somebody writes something we all expect.  If it were 'CGV Starium', I'd be wasted by now, thanks to you.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
We should really start a drinking game where you have to take a shot of soju if somebody writes something we all expect.  If it were 'CGV Starium', I'd be wasted by now, thanks to you.

I agree with what you're saying. OP did say "If everyone else also received one from their school / VP, then fine.  If I was the only one that got it, it must mean something else like a hint at something....maybe a gentle reprimand?  IDK." That's all, I think DMart was capitalising on that in his comment.

Ronnie, don't read the following until Saturday night at 8PM.

CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium CGV Starium
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:15:20 pm by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

Personally I think my comment was way more insulting. But yeah, DM, that asshole >:(

• albie2011
  • Adventurer

• June 08, 2011, 11:50:05 am
    • Hanam-si
According to the GEPIK Teachers Facebook group this letter was sent out because we have summer vacation coming up. Also, my school had a staff meeting yesterday where everyone was reminded to be careful in their time off over the vacation.

Stay healthy, cool and dry and enjoy your upcoming time off, most especially August 17th if you are going to be doing summer camp!

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn? Mr Bennet, 'Pride and Prejudice'

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
I'd like to reply with...

'What exactly does the MOE want me to do with my 2 1/2 weeks off? Sit in my room twiddling my thumbs?'
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• 303lmc
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
I'd like to reply with...

'What exactly does the MOE want me to do with my 2 1/2 weeks off? Sit in my room twiddling my thumbs?'
Yes, I think they do.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
Man, you are one paranoid puppy. I'm a generally anxious person myself, and sometimes worry my co-workers are conspiring against me, so I can relate somewhat. But to dream up a scenario in which the VP of your school is so perturbed by your hygienic negligence that he went and forged an official announcement from the Gyeonggi education office is just straight up insanity.

This is the first thing that came to my mind.  And then the OP states, "I know all this stuff" like the Gyeonggi do branch of EPIK should go around asking, "Do you know these things before I give this to you?"  It absolutely amazes me sometimes how people were even able to fly here on their own.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
OP, I don't mean to be disparaging, but is this your first salaried job?

This stuff is pretty standard- memos, training vids, etc. that are mandatory viewing so whomever you work for can cover their ass in terms of liability. Get used to it. This will happen regularly for the rest of your government/office working life.

Don't let it get to you. Make a cup of tea, grab a snack and a book, and half-listen to whatever vid you have to. It will be smooth sailing.

A good rule of thumb for these things is that very seldom do things revolve around you or are focused on you in large orgs. Unless you're called into an office, don't sweat it.
yeah i doubt anyone even cares about the native teacher enough to go out of their way to do something specifically for the native teacher

sounds like it's one of those things that all teachers have to sign off on, whether you speak korean or not. it's really not a big deal. this thread confuses me

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
This thread is an excellent example of why many new people are reluctant to join in on these conversations and we get the same posters going on about the same things.  The guy comes on without a hint of malice, but just with a question and gets sh*t on.  As if anyone here wasn't baffled by anything in their first go around here, and now that you're more seasoned condescend towards anyone that has what's considered a rookie question.  Keep in mind that a heavy poster doesn't necessarily translate into knowledgeable out in the real world. Hell, there are still posters here that think we're actually considered expats. I welcome the new blood.  This site needs some major freshening up.  I guess it's good in that I'm spending less and less time on here as I generally expect I'm going to just be reading about CO2's weekend, Ronnie's hike, Don Hobak's daughter, Dmarts angry screeds and my pointless comments. 

To be fair, there was nothing in the OP's OP to suggest they're new to the profession/Korea.

• 303lmc
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
This thread is an excellent example of why many new people are reluctant to join in on these conversations and we get the same posters going on about the same things.   
100%
If you just observe the posts for any amount of time you can see how they generally go from general attacks to personal attacks and then get political.
wasn't there even a post asking why no one but the same folks post here? LOL

100%
If you just observe the posts for any amount of time you can see how they generally go from general attacks to personal attacks and then get political.
wasn't there even a post asking why no one but the same folks post here? LOL
Nothing stopping people from jumping in and joining the discourse. That's the spirit of democracy isn't it?

This thread is an excellent example of why many new people are reluctant to join in on these conversations and we get the same posters going on about the same things.  The guy comes on without a hint of malice, but just with a question and gets sh*t on.  As if anyone here wasn't baffled by anything in their first go around here, and now that you're more seasoned condescend towards anyone that has what's considered a rookie question.  Keep in mind that a heavy poster doesn't necessarily translate into knowledgeable out in the real world. Hell, there are still posters here that think we're actually considered expats. I welcome the new blood.  This site needs some major freshening up.  I guess it's good in that I'm spending less and less time on here as I generally expect I'm going to just be reading about CO2's weekend, Ronnie's hike, Don Hobak's daughter, Dmarts angry screeds and my pointless comments. 

To be fair, posting things in a relevant thread is hardly the same as someone coming on here and asking for advice/confirmation and being condescendingly crapped on.  For example, in the correct thread, sharing photos and nature in Korea is more inclusive and likely to get others posting.  IMHO.  But, fine.   :undecided: