Read 246 times

Hello Everyone.

My name is Chad McDonald and Iím asking for help from this amazing group.

Iím researching Korean / American marriages and focusing on cultural differences arising in a marriage.

The constraints on my study are:
5 years marriage
Each member (and parents and grand parents) were born and raised in their respective country.
I need to interview both husband and wife together (simultaneously) and record the meeting.

Due to the current situation with the Corona Virus, I have special permission to conduct online video meetings so can do the interview with anyone anywhere in the world while we both simply remain at home.

I would really appreciate any and all help in accomplishing this. I only need another 4-5 couples. If you would be willing to help, I would be incredibly grateful.

My contact information.
Chad McDonald
Mail contact of the E variety: Chad *dot* Mcdonald *at* biola *dot* edu             (replace the AT and DOT with appropriate symbols: @ .)
Voice contact of the phone variety: 010-8553-8632

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Those are some pretty narrow and specific constraints!

Unfortunately I don't know any more couples that fit that particular bill and are willing to give interviews (I've already forwarded you the only one that might've been acceptable some time ago  :wink: ).

I'm still kind of curious: why three generations? Wouldn't 2 generations be more than enough? If one's parents were born in the USA, there's pretty much no chance of cultural interference from the Old World, I'd say.

Anyway, best of luck : might be that Covid19 is a blessing in disguise for your research!

I might be willing but my wife and I are only now coming up on our four year anniversary.

Thank you so much, Don... but yeah... i would have to wait a year!  Heh...

• hippo
  • Veteran

• July 16, 2011, 11:28:36 pm
    • Seoul

I this group amazing? I never noticed.

You have to laugh at all these phd students trying to get free stuff all the time, just so they can get a piece of paper that allows them to pretend they're better than everyone else.

What will you give us for helping you?

Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt you would speak to people like this in real life.  There are always exceptions and I donít now you in real life, but itís always amazing how people, generally speaking, act differently online compared to for they are in real life.  Remember ďyou are who you pretend to be, so be careful who you pretend to be.Ē