Read 2346 times

Re: just a friendly reminder
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2020, 12:12:19 pm »
Uh, no. Certainly not in the statistical meaning of sample.

Suppose I ask you for a sample of your pie.  You say "Okay, go ahead," then I eat the whole damn thing.

That is just not what a sample is.

First off, hands off my pie.

If I were going to try to determine the blueberry content of said pie, I would get a more accurate result if I used the entire pie as my sample than if I were to sample a 1/16 sliver of it. Larger sample size generally increases accuracy. I donít get why you think there are any limits to sample size aside from practical ones.

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2020, 12:16:24 pm »
Examples please.
Whenever I argue with the anti-Trumpers I ALWAYS use MSM/leftist sources like CNN, NBC, The Atlantic, The Nation, etc. I'll quote Michael Moore or Bill Maher or Chomsky or Matt Taibbi.

I wont hit them with Thomas Sowell, Candace Owens, TheAmericanThinker or other RW stuff. They just wont listen. On the other hand when I take conservatives to task I'll mention people like Amazing Lucas or Tucker Carlson or Pat Buchanan.

It's basic basic basic common sense and persuasion. But a lot of people seem to lack it. Probably because their news and opinion only comes from one side.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 12:18:30 pm »
First off, hands off my pie.

If I were going to try to determine the blueberry content of said pie, I would get a more accurate result if I used the entire pie as my sample than if I were to sample a 1/16 sliver of it. Larger sample size generally increases accuracy. I don’t get why you think there are any limits to sample size aside from practical ones.

Because otherwise it's not a "statistical sample" it's a count.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2020, 12:21:05 pm »
While not a statistically significant sample, CHAZ did not do well in it's short call up. Getting utterly shellacked, being feasted on by its opponents, looking out of its depth, and certainly nowhere near ready for the big leagues.

In other words, they pitched in 3 games and gave up 26 runs. Sure maybe with a bigger sample size things might have gotten better but the eye test said otherwise.

Face it folks, young people are stupid and lack experience and academics lack practical experience. Flip side of ignorant Republicans.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:24:21 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2020, 12:22:39 pm »
Because otherwise it's not a "statistical sample" it's a count.

Bloody plebeiscite
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2020, 12:26:10 pm »
Bloody plebeiscite
As an example.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino