Read 2576 times

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
A female expat gets offended by a 4 year old Korea kid saying "hi" to her.  What an idiot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/hhmnhg/a_female_expat_goes_on_a_rant_about_a_child/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:28:19 pm by hangook77 »

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
That was written by a guy.
He is what we used to call a troll.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
That was written by a guy.
He is what we used to call a troll.

I mean, I can't prove it wasn't a dude but this basically tore apart the Expat Women in Korea group. She doubled down on it, and wrote a huge non apology. Some women in the group know her personally and say she's "one of those people." (perpetually offended feminzi types)
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
The lady is german and has had it with these insensitive moronic children saying hi to her. I for one am glad she is fighting the good fight and wish her well. My only advice would have been for her to just smack the kid and the dad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZvUeAdzeI

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
We have to put everything into context.

Would a four year old American saying Nǐ hǎo to an ethnically oriental East Asian but not from the country of China be deemed trouble?

If one is trouble so is the other, canít pick and choose. That would be racist to allow one to be ok and another to be trouble.

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Yeah, this is real and it's been all over the various different expat groups over the last few days. Hundreds of comments on each of them, uniformly ripping into her. I sometimes feel the tiniest bit bad for anyone subjected to that degree of online humiliation, but it's obvious from her original post that she was desperate for attention and, well, she got it.

I mean, even if you're deranged enough to have a go at the kid's dad, okay, that's bad, but nobody had to know. But man, she was so proud of herself... I think it's that self-satisfied tone that transformed her into an overnight celebrity.

Shit like this is why Trump is still clinging to 40% in the polls.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Isn't it amazing how a LOT of people spend their lives looking for ways to feel offended.

This woman should be euthanized .
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
It's what happens when the demand to be nobly oppressed in some way due to one's identity outstrips the supply.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
We have to put everything into context.

Would a four year old American saying Nǐ hǎo to an ethnically oriental East Asian but not from the country of China be deemed trouble?

If one is trouble so is the other, canít pick and choose. That would be racist to allow one to be ok and another to be trouble.

Well, English is the global lingua franca, so that DOES make a difference.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
Must be nice to live such a blessed life you have to literally make up things to die angry over

Isn't it amazing how a LOT of people spend their lives on Internet forums looking for ways to feel offended.

Fixed!

You mean, like, somebody should kill her?  “Euthanize” isn’t even euphemism.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:15:29 am by Don Hobak »

People are still on about this  :rolleyes:

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
People are still on about this  :rolleyes:

guten tag fraulein

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• Korea
I'm not at all surprised that on the fine internet forum of waygook dot org certain users feel it necessary to defend this sort of behavior. As always, contrarianism runs strong!

• 303lmc
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
The lengths people go for attention is beyond me. and for the life of me I just can't understand why anyone would be upset if a small child said hello them in ANY language!! get over yourself and say hi back. the time she took to write her dissertation on it, AND defend herself against 800 comments is ridiculous.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Fixed!

You mean, like, somebody should kill her?  ďEuthanizeĒ isnít even euphemism.

Not fixed, a lot of people spend their lives looking for ways to be offended, not just on the internet.

Did you take me seriously when I said she should be euthanized?  Now, that's unbelievable .
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
When saying hello to a person has become a negative, all life is over.

'tis to weep.

Did you take me seriously when I said she should be euthanized?  Now, that's unbelievable .

Oh my gosh, yes I totally missed the joke! I forgot there was a whole genre of violence-against-women comedy out there. Well allow me to fix *my* comment then!  :police:

Quote from: confusedsafferinkorea
link=topic=120261.msg831606#msg831606 date=1593552947
Isn't it amazing how a LOT of people spend their lives looking for ways to feel offended.

Lol! Yes, some people just need to be shot! (In the passive voice, mind you) :laugh:

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• Korea
You're really reaching, Hobak. I think you and the woman in OP may be kindred spirits   :laugh: