Read 91 times

Spousal Visa and a New Passport
« on: June 26, 2020, 10:35:45 am »
Just a heads up, if you don't already know, people on a spousal visa need to visit immigration to register a new passport number.
I spent the past week getting error messages, when trying to submit my e-application. Last time I had a new passport there were no online applications, so I began to think that this was my problem. Phoned the help line a few times. They just said try using Internet Explorer.
I gave up and went to immigration (Cheong-ju) this morning. They snuck me at 9.00, before the reserved people got started. The officer was great. he had no idea why my e-application came up as an error, so he went and grabbed someone from behind the front desk. She said that if you are on a marriage visa, then you must come in person, for any changes. She didn't say why. Just is!
I've just got home and had a look through hikorea website again, but I can't see anything about this.

• AvecPommesFrites
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2017, 02:19:33 pm
    • Incheon International Airport Immigration Office Detention Facility
Re: Spousal Visa and a New Passport
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:39:15 am »
Probably want to see that you are still actually married and/or you haven't murdered your spouse.

Quite ironic though considering only 1 half of those on a spousal visa has to meet the corona travelling rules and the other doesn't yet they won't let you do an online application.
Soggy undergarments

Re: Spousal Visa and a New Passport
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 10:55:03 am »
Yeah, I think you're right...they are just checking up.

Some of the help-line people said some funny things. One said the e-application depended on how I got my new passport. She got snotty with me because I couldn't understand what she was talking about. She said because I couldn't speak Korean, she wouldn't give the tech guy my phone number (she had no idea if I could speak Korean or not).

My wife phoned another. She told her that as I was over 40 years old, I couldn't submit an E-application. had me believing it for a day.