Read 5022 times

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Gender disparity on Waygook
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2020, 08:29:22 am »
Exhibit A

I made a thread which you can post on to maybe explain why you think a weak, pathetic, beta classes as a 'real man'. Im interested to hear your explanation.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2020, 08:30:27 am »
Yes. DIB went off on an Islamaphobic rant towards Aristocrat. That still does not support your argument, or provide a shred of proof that someone was mean to someone PURELY because they are a woman. Probability doesn't work here. It is an accusation of something happening. In stone. Either it did or didn't.

Show me someone being mean to a woman because they were a woman (not something they posted) or let's move on.
https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=80332.0

This thread goes downhill and you get a bunch of assumptions based on people's gender AND ethnicity.

Interestingly, if you look at gender makeup of posts in say, 2011 to 2014 to now, it's remarkable how much things have changed.

The fact is these days 95% of waygook threads are sausage fests. Who regularly comments? DiB and Chinguetti are about it as I recall. Chinguetti only making sporadic appearances these days. Last regular female poster was Piggydee I think.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2020, 08:38:46 am »
https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=80332.0

This thread goes downhill and you get a bunch of assumptions based on people's gender AND ethnicity.

Interestingly, if you look at gender makeup of posts in say, 2011 to 2014 to now, it's remarkable how much things have changed.

The fact is these days 95% of waygook threads are sausage fests. Who regularly comments? DiB and Chinguetti are about it as I recall. Chinguetti only making sporadic appearances these days. Last regular female poster was Piggydee I think.

So a thread from 2014 is your evidence people are mean to women on this site BECAUSE they are women, today? That's it? And can you tell me exactly where is this thread this happened? Because a quick scroll through tells me they are discussing dating habits, their experiences dating Korean women and moving to the UK. There is someone banging on about UKIP on there too, presumably Birdboi from an alt account back in the day.

I fail to see how this validates the claim that there is hatred on women on here. I certainly don't. I love women. I hate bs propaganda, progressive nonsense and false accusations and I will call it out when I see it. I will also be the first one to tell a blatant woman hater to get the hell out of here.

« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2020, 09:00:36 am »
I made a thread which you can post on to maybe explain why you think a weak, pathetic, beta classes as a 'real man'. Im interested to hear your explanation.

Still doesn't get it...

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2020, 09:01:10 am »
Even into the ninth page, is it any wonder that the 'blokey blokes' here still don't seem to get what they're doing wrong?  Even after being named repeatedly, they're continuing to not get it. 

:undecided:

Reminds me of the white fragility concept. Anyone who complains when they get called a racist must, de facto, be a racist.

« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2020, 09:03:07 am »
So a thread from 2014 is your evidence people are mean to women on this site BECAUSE they are women, today? That's it? And can you tell me exactly where is this thread this happened? Because a quick scroll through tells me they are discussing dating habits, their experiences dating Korean women and moving to the UK. There is someone banging on about UKIP on there too, presumably Birdboi from an alt account back in the day.

I fail to see how this validates the claim that there is hatred on women on here. I certainly don't. I love women. I hate bs propaganda, progressive nonsense and false accusations and I will call it out when I see it. I will also be the first one to tell a blatant woman hater to get the hell out of here.
In case you haven't noticed, there are a lot fewer women on here. We basically have DiB and Chinguetti. Chinguetti may not even be very active anymore. So we have exactly one person. And she already claims it has happened and cites this thread and others as proof.

Now, if you want to sift through waygook.org from 2016 when at least there were still a handful left- Piggydee, GenderPotato, and a couple others I can't remember, then be my guest.

I so think DiB's thread where she talked about the guy coming into her apartment and jacking off had some kind of gender-based response to it. There certainly seemed to be a gender divide in how the situation was viewed and I think the advice and treatment given to her would have been different than if some guy had posted about

"So dudes, me and my boy were at my place playing video games when we look over and this Korean guy is in our apartment just jacking off. WTF bro!!!!"

Anyways, given that people have CLEARLY been treated differently based on nationality and ethnicity here, I'm going to go with probability and everything science has told us about human cognition, behavior, and so on and say the same has happened with women. That I can't think of a specific thread off hand does not mean it hasn't happened.

« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2020, 09:04:27 am »

Nothing says "I'm a real man" like "I made a thread to show why I'm not a beta." 

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2020, 09:10:07 am »
Or Expat Man in Korea does xyz..  Wanna delve deeper into what a lot of expat men here do in Korea?

by all means, feel free. I've lived abroad long enough to hate American tourists as much as the next folk (although they're only 3rd on the "most annoying tourists" list, first place is a tie between Chinese and Japanese tourists, second place is Italians)

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2020, 09:22:02 am »
Nothing says "I'm a real man" like "I made a thread to show why I'm not a beta." 

;D :laugh:

Still doesn't get it...

I get it. You like birdwatching.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2020, 09:26:02 am »
what's wrong with birdwatching, or is there something between you and ronnie I'm missing here

« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2020, 09:28:23 am »
what's wrong with birdwatching, or is there something between you and ronnie I'm missing here

Haven't you heard? "Real men" don't birdwatch.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2020, 09:30:11 am »
I must've missed that chapter of Colburnnn's Waygook saga. Hopefully he will enlighten me with his wisdom.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2020, 09:32:18 am »
I must've missed that chapter of Colburnnn's Waygook saga. Hopefully he will enlighten me with his wisdom.

LOL. Dipped made some claims about 'real men'. I made a thread to see what a bunch of men had to say on the matter.

As it turns out. Being a 'real man' is not giving a about what other people think!

And so completes the circle!

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2020, 09:34:27 am »

You know that's not why I made it... Right?

You must know that. PLEASE for the love of God tell me you understand.

« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2020, 09:38:19 am »
I wasn't following. All I saw was something about making a thread to discuss "Real Men" or whatever and I just made that comment.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2020, 09:50:37 am »
I wasn't following. All I saw was something about making a thread to discuss "Real Men" or whatever and I just made that comment.

OP of that thread is so Beta.

« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2020, 09:54:48 am »
As far as I'm concerned a discussion of what constitutes 'real' men and women is most warranted. I think we can all agree the word 'real' here is shorthand for 'fully realized'.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2020, 09:57:40 am »
LOL. Dipped made some claims about 'real men'. I made a thread to see what a bunch of men had to say on the matter.

As it turns out. Being a 'real man' is not giving a about what other people think!

And so completes the circle!

I get all that, I was wondering about the birdwatching bit specifically

« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2020, 09:58:10 am »
As far as I'm concerned a discussion of what constitutes 'real' men and women is most warranted. I think we can all agree the word 'real' here is shorthand for 'fully realized'.

What are the differences between a 'real' man and a 'real' woman? I'm sure that would be interesting.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2020, 09:59:36 am »
I get all that, I was wondering about the birdwatching bit specifically

I can't possibly comment further.

Have a pleasant day.