Read 1647 times

Re: Holding a 2 week camp over the 2 week summer vacation. What?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 12:28:47 pm »
Maybe because he's new, he wants to show to the parents/teachers he's committed to the student's learning by providing free classes/baby sitting in the summer 
Showing his micro-penis is bigger than all the other micro-penises more like

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 12:30:16 pm »
Yes, so the OP if he has an August contract, must be allowed to use his vacation days before August 25th.  It's the law.  He can call the provincial education office or the labor board.  The principal is breaking the law unless they will arrange to carry over the days to next winter and you are all in agreement with it.  Otherwise, he can't do it.  I would kindly remind him of that if it were me.  Either let me carry the days over or let me use them all up.  If they want to be dicks and non renew my contract, there are other countries to teach in with more saving potential than here nowadays (As EPIK hasn't raised the salaries in quite a while and SEOUL SMOE actually has thier teachers on poverty wages and no renewal allowance.  Pay me more to put up with your bullshit or I'll put my foot down and move on.   I'm an experienced English teacher, I can get  a contract in another country with better work conditions and pay.)

My contract is August 20th finish. So, it needs to be before the final day, depending on what it is for the individual.
However, if you are a start of year contract person, you can take the vacation time in the winter.

Also, going without a break in the summer would suck, so I'd put my foot down on getting time off then too. We need breaks too.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 01:15:14 pm »
Update:  My co-t went to share my view that some vacation for me needs to be sorted in conjunction with the summer camp. She took a page of the contract that she felt supported this and the P backed off so I now get a week.  I'll take another five days to make a couple of long weekends on top of that and save the rest for winter. 

Thanks for all the input. 

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 01:28:08 pm »
Update:  My co-t went to share my view that some vacation for me needs to be sorted in conjunction with the summer camp. She took a page of the contract that she felt supported this and the P backed off so I now get a week.  I'll take another five days to make a couple of long weekends on top of that and save the rest for winter. 

He's still a douchewad for trying in the first place

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 01:28:43 pm »
Cool.  Congrats OnNut.  Two weeks would have been nicer, but one week will suffice.  It does happen a fair bit here after a principal's 'blue-sky' thinking like this, that once it's pointed out to them that it's unreasonable, let it sink in they'll have some unhappy staff, they will backtrack 9 times out of 10. 

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 01:59:56 pm »
Nice one OneNut. Glad you had the ball to stand up to your principal  :laugh:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2020, 02:31:50 pm »
Nice one OneNut. Glad you had the ball to stand up to your principal  :laugh:

It was a matter of principle.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2020, 02:37:02 pm »
It was a matter of principle.
ffs it's not friday yet mate

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2020, 11:56:19 am »
My contract is August 20th finish. So, it needs to be before the final day, depending on what it is for the individual.
However, if you are a start of year contract person, you can take the vacation time in the winter.

Also, going without a break in the summer would suck, so I'd put my foot down on getting time off then too. We need breaks too.

Yes, I agree.  But when I don't travel, I usually just take 5 or 6 days.  I usually add it to the Aug 15th holiday but we are screwed out of that this year and next due to it falling on the weekend.  Leap years will give us many of those days falling on weekends this decade.  So, I take 5 or 6 working days and end up with a week and  a half off and still have 20 or so days to use in winter.  I only shift to summer if I am going back to North America.  Otherwise, most winters I just take a lot of time off.  Very little desk warming then and not much time for camps at multiple schools either.  Vacation has to be used up.   

This summer I knew would be a blowdown due to covid.  So, I took 5 days and will be off most of next winter minus the week and a half for graduation.  Next winter then, maybe first week and a half I can do camps for 3 schools.  But two schools only finish first week of January.  So, half a week to do camps for all 3 schools?  I am guessing they will do none or only one school will win rock paper scissors to get me.  Hard to say.  Either way, not many camps this year.  I do have a short 3 day one the first week of August and that's it for my main school.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2020, 11:59:55 am »

Dude just take a week 5 days and carry the rest over to next winter.  With Seolnal (New Years), you can prob take the whole winter off minus the week and ahalf or whatever for graduation.  You can sleep late every day and be lazy just about all winter if you're stuck here with covid restrictions.  Maybe first week or two of January camps, but if your schools go into January, no camps next winter.  Long periods of time to do nothing and not having to get up early when it's cold in the morning is sweet! 

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2020, 01:43:08 pm »
Dude just take a week 5 days and carry the rest over to next winter.  With Seolnal (New Years), you can prob take the whole winter off minus the week and ahalf or whatever for graduation.  You can sleep late every day and be lazy just about all winter if you're stuck here with covid restrictions.  Maybe first week or two of January camps, but if your schools go into January, no camps next winter.  Long periods of time to do nothing and not having to get up early when it's cold in the morning is sweet! 

Yeah, that's tempting but I will still have a lot of days to use come next winter.  Our graduation is done here before camps now (January) so there is no more coming back for students once the year is done.  But with all the deskwarming days (which I hate) I want some more time this summer.  A day of no classes here and there is fine but we're almost at four months where I have had very little going on.  I had phone call mornings and making some on line stuff but the hours drag most days.  At least this week I have four mornings of classes but next week only two.  And the classes obviously aren't as dynamic as a group of kids being able to move around and work as a team and not have masks on.  These Corona days have drained me. 

• Colburnnn
  • Expert Waygook

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2020, 02:15:27 pm »
These Corona days have drained me. 
Amen. I have 6 weeks left before camp and I have a total of 14, 20 min classes to deliver. Thrilling. Get me outta here.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

TDS - Hatred of President Trump so intense that it impairs rational thought processes.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2020, 07:41:11 am »
Yeah, that's tempting but I will still have a lot of days to use come next winter.  Our graduation is done here before camps now (January) so there is no more coming back for students once the year is done.  But with all the deskwarming days (which I hate) I want some more time this summer.  A day of no classes here and there is fine but we're almost at four months where I have had very little going on.  I had phone call mornings and making some on line stuff but the hours drag most days.  At least this week I have four mornings of classes but next week only two.  And the classes obviously aren't as dynamic as a group of kids being able to move around and work as a team and not have masks on.  These Corona days have drained me. 

Wow!  Sweet setup.  I have classes 22 a week now.  All morning and after lunch.  I got 2 and a half weeks in summer taking one week off.  A 3 day camp at the beginning.  Though I may be able to leave a bit early during the other few days.  Depends on the school.  Nice not to have that week or two in Feb to come back to.  I wish all schools would just merge it into the school year and finish early January or something.  Such a pain.  But, I am otherwise pretty lazy most of winter.  (Plus summer heat here sucks anyways.  So, mostly I stay in sitting under the air con.)

• 303lmc
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2020, 08:56:51 am »
oh thank goddess. I just conformed the will be NO camp during the 2 week vacation.