Read 822 times

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: BLM, great, Metoo, great, but how about ULM?
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 02:00:12 pm »
I think we can all agree that, at a national and business, level nobody wants to piss off the CCP.

First
https://charityright.org.uk/cr-star-campaign/1777/foodpacks-for-uyghur-muslims/

The sad reality is that very few Uighurs have actually managed to flee into Turkey, in Xianjang surveillance is over every square centimeter of the region, it's insane. So... while charity is helpful for those lucky few who have escaped, I'd combine it with boycott of as many Chinese goods as you can cut out of your life.

Why aren't Muslims around the world protesting?
Well... some are and... it's complicated.

I say this for purely academic reasons to understand the Islamic viewpoint. In Islam, there is a prophecy of certain major and minor events and signs that will precede the coming of Dajjal (the anti-christ), who will precede the coming of Prophet Isa (Jesus Christ), who will precede the coming of The Mahdi (The guided one, a righteous man who will lead humanity in peace and prosperity for a number of years), who will precede the Day of Judgement.

One of these major events is that the Uma (Muslim community of this world), will be fractured and divided. Whether you believe in this prophecy or not is irrelevant, I think we call all agree that Muslims around the world are divided across many lines and that many people only pay attention to what directly affects them or what's happening in their immediate vicinity.

So, Muslims are not united. We share a Faith that instructs us to care for one another, particularly the poor and orphaned, but whether people follow the instruction is another story.

Then, we have the issue of Saudi Arabia. Many Muslims mistakenly look to Saudi Arabia as the role model of Islamic values and when the Saudi prince invites Xi Jinping to the Kingdom and pledges his support for Xi in his fight against "terrorism" in Xianjang, then a lot of uneducated Muslims are going to remain ambivalent, at best.

Why aren't most Muslims protesting? It simply doesn't concern them in their day to day life. There's no unity among the Uma.

Finally, in understanding Muslims' perspective, non-Muslims (particularly Atheists) need to keep in mind that Muslims view this reality differently. I'm assuming where some Atheists might view this reality as the beginning and end, keep in mind that Muslims typically believe this reality to be infinitesimally transitory and trivial compared to the afterlife.
We're taught to make the best of this reality and enjoy it, but not to dwell on it or lose ourselves in it, all is as God wills it (even the bad). While there are people suffering and people oppressing, we're all going to die and answer to our maker, who Muslims believe will grant Justice.

That's the best explanation I can give for the actions of Muslims, I can't speak for everyone.
If you're still wrestling with the concept, imagine you're who you are, but Muslim. What would you be doing to help them?

In Turkey, people do protest as they've come into direct contact with Uighurs and because Mesut Ozil, a national hero and Arsenal midfielder, publicly criticized and brought to light what is going on in Xianjang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlCjEvdTvK4

How similar is the future to the Book of Revelation in Christianity?  I didn't know you had the anti Christ viewpoint too?  Caring for the poor as the "meek will inherit the kingdom of heaven" is the same, but making money and being profitable is encouraged in Protestantism at least.  (Interest can be charged.)  Another difference perhaps, life can be prayed against to be made better, but most don't or don't do much.  Some accept things as "God's will" and some don't.  Some just keep to themselves and are very religious.  Others are evangelizing and spreading the message.  Depends on the divisions within Christianity, perhaps like Islam in some ways there then.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 02:29:45 pm »
How similar is the future to the Book of Revelation in Christianity?  I didn't know you had the anti Christ viewpoint too?  Caring for the poor as the "meek will inherit the kingdom of heaven" is the same, but making money and being profitable is encouraged in Protestantism at least.  (Interest can be charged.)  Another difference perhaps, life can be prayed against to be made better, but most don't or don't do much.  Some accept things as "God's will" and some don't.  Some just keep to themselves and are very religious.  Others are evangelizing and spreading the message.  Depends on the divisions within Christianity, perhaps like Islam in some ways there then.

While I did attend a Catholic High School, I'm not familiar with the Book of Revelations, so I can't say.

There are many descriptions of the Dajjal (anti-christ); He will be blind in one eye, he will rise from the East etc. some take it as literal descriptions, while others like myself take it as a metaphorical meaning. According to said prophecy, Dajjal will lead many astray under his false promises. Muslims do indeed believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ (perhaps this is the same as The Book of Revelations) and that Jesus will ultimately destroy the Dajjal.

For Muslims, you get obligatory prayers (the 5 daily prayers), during which you may pray for others, oneself or to give thanks.
During the day, Muslims say short prayers for many things; there's ones for hearing when someone has passed (From God we have come and to God we shall return), prayers for stress even a prayer before entering the John. To illustrate my earlier point, if a Muslim prays for wealth and he is endowed with it, it may become a blessing and a test to see if one still acts with humility and is charitable.

Being prosperous and getting rich is perfectly acceptable in Islam, but it's always cautioned that money can be a corrupting force.

There's a line in "The Last Samurai" which perfectly illustrates destiny and God's will "I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed to him". A friend's brother, back home, sat around all day praying for a means to get out of poverty instead of getting up and looking for work. Personally, prayer is a way for me to detach myself from worldly desires, speak to my maker and realign my perceptions to focus on what is ultimately important in the grand scheme of things.

I always struggle to understand how some people come to think of themselves so holy and righteous that they can afford to spend time making others believe and follow what they believe.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2020, 05:15:40 pm »
If you truly believe something to be true and itís the most important thing in your life, then why not proselytize? Itís letting others know about a better way to live. Donít want to make others feel uncomfortable? Thatís inconsequential compared to what could be gained. Help lead souls to Allah. Save them from eternal damnation.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 12:23:02 pm »
If you truly believe something to be true and itís the most important thing in your life, then why not proselytize? Itís letting others know about a better way to live. Donít want to make others feel uncomfortable? Thatís inconsequential compared to what could be gained. Help lead souls to Allah. Save them from eternal damnation.

That's not how it's done in Islam.

We believe the best way to bring someone into the fold of Islam is to set a good example; by practicing modesty, kindness and illustrating how we love our Faith we inspire others to find out more for themselves.

We don't believe that not being Muslim is enough to land you in damnation... that wouldn't make sense, why wouldn't God just allow everyone to be born Muslim then? The Islamic lifestyle is simply the easiest way to reach heaven, an Atheists, Christian or Jew could achieve the same, it all depends on their actions and only God can judge. It's probably more difficult for an Atheist as Jews and Christians are still 'People of the Book' and believe in the Oneness of God.

Finally, a quote from Surah Al-Baqarah (2:6-7)

"Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:26:53 pm by Aristocrat »

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 01:01:34 pm »
by practicing modesty, kindness

haha
Does your wife submit to you?

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 01:05:21 pm »
Technically no lives matter, except for zombies. Zombie lives do matter.
Oh and cats, cat lives matter too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:10:06 pm by Kayos »