Read 823 times

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
BLM, great, Metoo, great, but how about ULM?
« on: June 22, 2020, 08:41:11 am »
We have seen of late two huge movements world-wide and quite rightly so, BLM and Metoo but what about ULM (Uygher lives matter) or organ harvesting victims lives matter too?

The world has been stunningly quite on these two and of course a host of other atrocities, is it because no one wants to upset the mighty CCP and lose out on the Chinese market?

It has come as a huge surprise to me that the Muslim world has sat back and not word mentioned about the abuse they are suffering at the hand of the CCP. Totally out of character, usually Muslims defend their followers with great enthusiasm but in this case, silence is their deafening response.

What a sad world we live in, money, money, money, it's a rich man's world.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Re: BLM, great, Metoo, great, but how about ULM?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 08:46:39 am »
. We have seen of late two huge movements world-wide and quite rightly so, BLM and Metoo but what about ULM (Uygher lives matter) or organ harvesting victims lives matter too?

Are you sure those are big problems? I haven't seen any videos on social media about it.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 08:52:47 am »
Are you sure those are big problems? I haven't seen any videos on social media about it.

Yeah. There definitely aren't any ethnic minorities being raped and slaughtered to the point of genocide in Burma because lefty millionaires haven't made any black and white videos about it.
Does your wife submit to you?

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 08:56:11 am »

Well in my eyes, 2 million Uyghers in concentration camps is definitely a big problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/24/china-cables-leak-no-escapes-reality-china-uighur-prison-camp

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:59:29 am by confusedsafferinkorea »

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 09:01:24 am »
Yeah, but it has to be something straight white males are doing to get the kids interested these days.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 09:03:09 am »
Yeah, but it has to be something straight white males are doing to get the kids interested these days.

Yes and that just shows you to what level humanity has sunk.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 09:06:57 am »

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 10:03:22 am »
The US just passed a sanctions bill.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/27/us/politics/house-uighurs-china-sanctions.html

Here's a list of suggested actions you can take if you actually care (beyond using the situation as a stick with which to beat activists involved in other, unrelated campaigns):

https://uhrp.org/what-you-can-do

You can also donate to refugee assistance organizations that help to resettle Uighurs who have escaped China, and are mostly living in Turkey.

CharityRight, Penny Appeal and UHRP are all good options.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 10:13:41 am »
activists

I need that LOL, thanks!

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 10:14:39 am »
That's great fka, thanks for the link! On a side note, when are the global 'protests', property damage and looting taking place for this?
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 10:20:06 am »
That's great fka, thanks for the link! On a side note, when are the global 'protests', property damage and looting taking place for this?

They don't have these at footlocker:

And I'm not sure they can pick up the signal for a 4k tv here:

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 10:24:39 am »

Let's buy some tickets, fly to China and get started!
Maybe we can liberate Hong Kong while we're at it.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 10:27:48 am »
No we can do it in Seoul. After all, the Korean police don't kill black people and there were still people here protesting.

I'll sign you up for it, yeah?

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 10:30:24 am »
No we can do it in Seoul. After all, the Korean police don't kill black people and there were still people here protesting.

I'll sign you up for it, yeah?

Weren't they doing an "online protest" and just standing around with some signs and shit?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 10:36:56 am »
Weren't they doing an "online protest" and just standing around with some signs and shit?

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 10:39:49 am »
Well, good luck confusedsaffer... I think you have your answer. People would rather be assholes than do anything constructive.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 10:57:20 am »
Well, good luck confusedsaffer... I think you have your answer. People would rather be assholes than do anything constructive.

True. Just look at the BLM 'protests'

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 11:52:13 am »
We have seen of late two huge movements world-wide and quite rightly so, BLM and Metoo but what about ULM (Uygher lives matter) or organ harvesting victims lives matter too?

The world has been stunningly quite on these two and of course a host of other atrocities, is it because no one wants to upset the mighty CCP and lose out on the Chinese market?

It has come as a huge surprise to me that the Muslim world has sat back and not word mentioned about the abuse they are suffering at the hand of the CCP. Totally out of character, usually Muslims defend their followers with great enthusiasm but in this case, silence is their deafening response.

You are right, it's all about money and no country leader in their right mind wants a war with China, trade or otherwise.

As for Muslims looking after their own, not always. Recall the plight of the Syrians. No M.E. country would let them. Israel threatened to jail them if they didn't get out. Canada sent airplanes to gather them and bring them to Canada. Europe took in more than it could assimilate comfortably. All while a beautiful tent city capable of handling 1 million people in comfort sat empty in the Arabian desert with air-conditioned tents, running water and electricity waiting for the swaths of Muslims to descend for their pilgrimage to Mecca. Let's not forget the ongoing plight of the Palestinians.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 01:30:20 pm »

The elites care about none of these and are probably complicit in some of these crimes.  It's all a ploy to fund, organize, plan, co ordinate things (maybe even plan the corona virus with the CCP), etc.  It's all part of the plan to try to defeat Trump.
(Add in New Zealand shooter and one in Canada.  All part of the plan. )

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 01:43:36 pm »

I think we can all agree that, at a national and business, level nobody wants to piss off the CCP.

First
https://charityright.org.uk/cr-star-campaign/1777/foodpacks-for-uyghur-muslims/

The sad reality is that very few Uighurs have actually managed to flee into Turkey, in Xianjang surveillance is over every square centimeter of the region, it's insane. So... while charity is helpful for those lucky few who have escaped, I'd combine it with boycott of as many Chinese goods as you can cut out of your life.

Why aren't Muslims around the world protesting?
Well... some are and... it's complicated.

I say this for purely academic reasons to understand the Islamic viewpoint. In Islam, there is a prophecy of certain major and minor events and signs that will precede the coming of Dajjal (the anti-christ), who will precede the coming of Prophet Isa (Jesus Christ), who will precede the coming of The Mahdi (The guided one, a righteous man who will lead humanity in peace and prosperity for a number of years), who will precede the Day of Judgement.

One of these major events is that the Uma (Muslim community of this world), will be fractured and divided. Whether you believe in this prophecy or not is irrelevant, I think we call all agree that Muslims around the world are divided across many lines and that many people only pay attention to what directly affects them or what's happening in their immediate vicinity.

So, Muslims are not united. We share a Faith that instructs us to care for one another, particularly the poor and orphaned, but whether people follow the instruction is another story.

Then, we have the issue of Saudi Arabia. Many Muslims mistakenly look to Saudi Arabia as the role model of Islamic values and when the Saudi prince invites Xi Jinping to the Kingdom and pledges his support for Xi in his fight against "terrorism" in Xianjang, then a lot of uneducated Muslims are going to remain ambivalent, at best.

Why aren't most Muslims protesting? It simply doesn't concern them in their day to day life. There's no unity among the Uma.

Finally, in understanding Muslims' perspective, non-Muslims (particularly Atheists) need to keep in mind that Muslims view this reality differently. I'm assuming where some Atheists might view this reality as the beginning and end, keep in mind that Muslims typically believe this reality to be infinitesimally transitory and trivial compared to the afterlife.
We're taught to make the best of this reality and enjoy it, but not to dwell on it or lose ourselves in it, all is as God wills it (even the bad). While there are people suffering and people oppressing, we're all going to die and answer to our maker, who Muslims believe will grant Justice.

That's the best explanation I can give for the actions of Muslims, I can't speak for everyone.
If you're still wrestling with the concept, imagine you're who you are, but Muslim. What would you be doing to help them?

In Turkey, people do protest as they've come into direct contact with Uighurs and because Mesut Ozil, a national hero and Arsenal midfielder, publicly criticized and brought to light what is going on in Xianjang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlCjEvdTvK4