Read 316 times

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
New serial killer (s)?
« on: June 20, 2020, 05:12:07 pm »
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEBaHfgJIz0VA8lAFUpISrfYqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowvIaCCzDnxf4CMN2F8gU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

If random shoes with severed feet werenít getting enough attention they are now dropping off bags.

Iíve believed for years those feet were a calling card but authorities always said they werenít suspicious?!?!

https://www.google.co.kr/amp/s/www.insider.com/british-columbia-find-severed-human-feet-on-shores-2019-2%3famp

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:20:12 pm by thunderlips »

Re: New serial killer (s)?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 05:59:08 pm »
Most likely not.

Of the 15 cases of feet that the article had mentioned, 10 were solved. While the article didn't explicitly say so, it's implied that the cases are not linked in any way.

Aside from that, the authorities are right. Feet washing up on shore is not actually a cause for public concern, at least not in regards to a possible serial killer, and it's a lot more common than most people know about. People die at sea all the time, usually unintentionally and accidentally, and there are also suicides that you have to take into consideration. Of the possible cases of murdered people being dumped out into the sea somewhere, the likelihood that any of them are linked to a common killer is incredibly low to nonexistent.

They didn't get into details, but the feet were most likely separated from their bodies either by decomposition or by sea animals feeding on their corpses. Currents take care of the rest.

The victim found in the bag is completely unrelated. MO is different, murder was most likely committed by someone who knew the victim and who wanted to dispose of the evidence so most likely dumped the remains off a bridge into a river that empties out into the sea. Then the current brought it around to shore.

EDIT: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/12/18/16777724/human-feet-beach-pacific-northwest-seattle-vancouver
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 06:15:02 pm by Chinguetti »

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 06:24:49 pm »
Yeah I disagree there are similarities Iíll reply more on Monday. :)

Most likely not.

Of the 15 cases of feet that the article had mentioned, 10 were solved. While the article didn't explicitly say so, it's implied that the cases are not linked in any way.

Aside from that, the authorities are right. Feet washing up on shore is not actually a cause for public concern, at least not in regards to a possible serial killer, and it's a lot more common than most people know about. People die at sea all the time, usually unintentionally and accidentally, and there are also suicides that you have to take into consideration. Of the possible cases of murdered people being dumped out into the sea somewhere, the likelihood that any of them are linked to a common killer is incredibly low to nonexistent.

They didn't get into details, but the feet were most likely separated from their bodies either by decomposition or by sea animals feeding on their corpses. Currents take care of the rest.

The victim found in the bag is completely unrelated. MO is different, murder was most likely committed by someone who knew the victim and who wanted to dispose of the evidence so most likely dumped the remains off a bridge into a river that empties out into the sea. Then the current brought it around to shore.

EDIT: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/12/18/16777724/human-feet-beach-pacific-northwest-seattle-vancouver

Ah yeah. I thought I had read something about why most of the shoes were nikes, in similar sizes, but if they are matching pairs then that explains it. Welp it's Monday so I have to take off my tin foil hat. But it still is weird.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 07:32:30 am by thunderlips »

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 10:07:08 am »
Yeah, stuff like this is fun to theorize about partly because it's so weird. Most of them have really humdrum backgrounds or explanations, but there are the occasional bizarre cases with truly unbelievable stories behind them. Imagine the tinfoiling around those.

Thinking about this kind of makes me wonder about those folks who believe in lizardmen but who also refuse to believe that the moon landing was real, lmao.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:21:45 am by Chinguetti »

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 10:19:33 am »
Of course the Moonlanding was real! How else could they have brought the Lizardmen over to Earth?

Also, this is vaguely relevant: