Read 5651 times

• dippedinblush
  • Expert Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
Re: Why do they sell boiled eggs?
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2020, 12:58:59 pm »
I'll buy those soft boiled eggs from the convenience store in a pinch, but they are so darn salty!

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2020, 01:01:33 pm »
I'll buy those soft boiled eggs from the convenience store in a pinch, but they are so darn salty!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle salty!   :cheesy:

• dippedinblush
  • Expert Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2020, 01:11:11 pm »
 :P

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2020, 02:19:28 pm »
Who doesn't want to eat a cold, old boiled unborn fetus?

Why let your body make all the cholesterol it needs when you can insert it preformed and store it in your arteries?

I mean, right?

And f all those documentaries that show the grinding up of male chicks to feed the laying females who are eating their own **** in the cramped factories. Who cares?

Same to the scientific research which shows a dose-dependent direct correlation between egg consumption and mortality. Epidemiology has no value, eh?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 02:22:25 pm by VanIslander »

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2020, 02:22:53 pm »

Why let your body make all the cholesterol it needs when you can insert it preformed and store it in your arteries?

I mean, right?

And f all those documentaries that show the grinding up of male chicks to feed the laying females who are eating their own **** in the cramped factories. Who cares?

Same to the scientific research which shows a dose-dependent direct correlation between egg consumption and mortality. Epidemiology has no value, eh?

Do you really want to be "that guy"?

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2020, 02:28:35 pm »
I agree with the cold, old, and boiled part.

Me personally, I'm not a big fan of hard-boiled eggs. I mostly like my eggs scrambled. McD's poached is some awful goodness though. And the occasional fried egg with whatever is okay too.

Animals eat their young and their own shit in the wild too.

I fully support eating a bland porridge like from 'The Matrix' every meal so that I can extend my life from 85 to 95 as I spend those years in a nursing home, listening to the person next to me moan pitifully 16 hours a day, as my mind turns into that Matrix mush.

Also, if I have to eat mush everyday so a chicken can live...sorry, but F the chicken.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2020, 02:31:01 pm »

I mean, right?

Maybe I missed something, but aren't all fetus' unborn?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2020, 02:35:09 pm »
Also, the term "fetus" usually demarks a certain level of development. Most commercial laying chickens lay unfertilized eggs, so they'd technically still be gamete. Even if the eggs are free-range and fertilized, they probably haven't undergone too many cellular divisions, and could possibly still be considered as zygotes.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2020, 02:56:12 pm »
I fully support eating a bland porridge like from 'The Matrix' every meal so that I can extend my life from 85 to 95 as I spend those years in a nursing home, listening to the person next to me moan pitifully 16 hours a day, as my mind turns into that Matrix mush.
Fruit consumption is most correlated with longevity. Enjoy!

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2020, 04:07:15 pm »
Correction: Eating a variety of foods (including fruit) is correlated with longevity.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2020, 04:11:00 pm »
well the old saying goes "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" but now the saying is "eat 5 portions of fruit a day". so 1 portion used to be fine, now it's gone up 500% to 5 portions. what's that about

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2020, 04:13:11 pm »
Who wants to eat a cold, old boiled unborn fetus?

I mean, right?

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2020, 04:32:55 pm »

I remember an old American guy preaching to me how he eats about 20 lemons a day and that it was going to prevent every illness, form of cancer etc. and that I was an idiot for not doing the same. Guy was fat enough that his gut touched the steering wheel.

Sister in-law is on the same boat and believes that being suckered into buying these "special" fruit smoothies are the key to weight-loss. She's too lazy to even do yoga/exercise for lazy people.

It's almost always the fat, unhealthy and lazy making these kinds of claims and seeking some miracle food because the only effort required is to throw the miracle food down one's gob. No exercise, no balanced diet, just shove a lemon down your throat every 3hrs and you're golden.

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2020, 07:35:58 am »
Tch, yeah imagine believing fervently in something for which there's no scientific evidence. Ridiculous.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2020, 07:42:41 am »
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2020, 08:54:02 am »
An eggistential question, no doubt!

As for the topic itself: why wouldn't they sell boiled eggs...? Just about every country I've ever lived in or travelled to sells boiled eggs...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 08:56:38 am by Titus Groan »

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2020, 09:24:23 am »
Tch, yeah imagine believing fervently in something for which there's no scientific evidence. Ridiculous.
WTF do Aristocrats religious beliefs have to do with eggs and healthy eating?

Aristocrat: "I think the Clippers will win 4 games to 2."
Stoat: "Did Allah tell you that????"

Seriously, the fs wrong with you dude? And you have the nerve to go on about me having issues and a chip. Check yourself first.

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2020, 09:32:29 am »

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2020, 09:42:01 am »
WTF do Aristocrats religious beliefs have to do with eggs and healthy eating?

He quite viciously pokes fun at others' irrational beliefs (thinking lemons prevent cancer) while being unable to take any criticism of his own. That hypocrisy needs pointing out occasionally.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2020, 09:47:53 am »
The difference being, of course, that one belief is rooted in thousands of years of tradition and documentation, while the other is demonstrably a exaggeration/misinterpretation of existing knowledge.
Also, attacking crackpot health regimes is not against the TOS.