Read 2489 times

Re: Men, Women and pets.
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2020, 02:40:00 pm »
Aristocrat, I truly apologise.   I stepped way over the line of civility and referenced your wife in a snarky and juvenile way, which I shouldn't have.   Please accept my apology.

I accept and extend my apologies if I offended. I've never thought of women as inferior to men. While I do maintain the sexes are different, I'm probably not as clued up on the cognitive and neurological differences as I thought I was. I'll see if I can find the time to read up on a few things and educate myself.

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2020, 03:10:31 pm »
There's debate and then there's stuff that if you said in person would be interpreted as fighting words and would be accepted as such.

Like in my case, Mr. C called my a liar over a an upsetting event in my life. While not at the same level, it was like saying someone was lying about a friend getting beaten or a pet dying or a friend being molested or a family member being called a racial slur something like that. To do that is pure dickishness, rude, insulting, and bullying. It's not like being called a liar over politics or sports or music or cars or fishing stories or hijinxy escapades.

Say you were in person and a friend was talking about the time a friend of theirs was in a bad accident or their pet died or some equivalent event. Now imagine out of nowhere someone at the table calls them a liar. Calls them out as lying. You don't think that would instantly cause everyone to be like "woah..." and that the chances of a fight breaking out just skyrocketed? If someone did that and I was a 3rd party, I'd think the person who called the person a liar was A) Way out of line and B) Deliberately trying to pick a fight.

I think the same would apply to someone insulting someone's wife and using their religion to do so. That's just so out of line. Despite Shanebarry's proclamations, I'm pretty sure there are some words that could get him going. Also, it's worth noting that for both me and Aristocrat it's not like we regularly resort to violence. We're probably two of the most gone-after posters on this forum and through all these years the only time we've said something like this is 1) Sharing the experience of seeing 1st grade girl breaking down in tears and experiencing mortal terror and being called a liar over it 2) Someone insulting Aristocrat's wife and religion simultaneously. I don't think either of us are thin-skinned. On the contrary, for the amount of shit we get for simply being who we are (ethnically Korean or practicing Muslim), I think we've done rather well and I suspect a beautiful flower like Shanebarry or others would wilt or snap if they were faced with the same thing.

I mean, a lot of posters here have Korean wives/gfs, yes? How do you think you'd/they'd react to comments about their wives and various stereotypes that exist and accusations of domineering behavior and their wife being "submissive"? Sure at first they might brush it off, as Aristocrat has done in the past, but what if someone, say me, started running his mouth about those things?

Finally, I should like to point out that it's probable that for every time me and Aristocrat have said something like this (once each) we've gotten numerous threatening PMs, if I assume his inbox over the years is anything like mine.

Now, saying the "we'd be fighting" stuff on an internet forum by me is dumb. Violence never goes over well on the internet. It's not a good look.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:44:14 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2020, 12:04:23 pm »
Alice escaped his/her habitat. Or, my wife got the neighbour's kid to turn him'her loose. Either way, I'm sad.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2020, 12:49:52 pm »
"Better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all."

Snark aside, I'm sorry to hear it, LIC.

Although, in retrospect, you may have dodged a bullet: you probably had found a juvenile full-sized python, as ball and pygmy pythons come from West Africa and West Australia respectively.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:11:27 pm by kyndo »

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2020, 02:02:46 pm »
"Better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all."

Snark aside, I'm sorry to hear it, LI.

Although, in retrospect, you may have dodged a bullet: you probably had found a juvenile full-sized python, as ball and pygmy pythons come from West Africa and West Australia respectively.

Yeah, likely. It could have been a reticulated python, they have similar markings.  I have seen a few around. One day the locals started freaking out and jumped in the river and dragged out a 3 meter python. It was delicious! Almost as good as the 1 meter iguana they brought over to my house for a BBQ last summer.

We're not in Canada anymore Toto.

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2020, 03:11:40 am »
My mom (woman) recently surrendered one of her two dogs (pets) to a foster home, but it was at my (man) urging because I felt like she (woman) was not able to care for it properly but was too blinded by her love for the pet to part with it. But she (woman) got the dogs (pets) when she was in a relationship with a man, who now assumes no responsibility for them (the pets), even though they (the man and the woman) jointly decided to get the pets, were living in the manís house at the time of the adoption, and he (man) has the house and resources that could have avoided the need to surrender the pet. But get this, the dude (man) now has dementia...