Read 282 times

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
Formatting on Waygook.org
« on: June 17, 2020, 11:15:34 am »
So it has come to my attention that some of you are very upset with my concerns with formatting. A couple of you actually have complained to the teacher about me... (how very 2020)

My recent posts have been rather, random, in order to highlight the issue. Does formatting matter?

I say yes, in order to maintain consistency when browsing. If you wish to write your post in an external program. Please consider taking 10 seconds to iron out any kinks once posted. It may not bother you, but it bothers others, and as a society perhaps we should aim to be less selfish, don't you think?

Have a great day everyone.

CB.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:17:26 am by Colburnnn »
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

Re: Formatting on Waygook.org
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:19:11 am »
How can I resize images posted from random web links? My offending post honestly doesn't look that bad to me, though maybe someone fixed it.
Does your wife submit to you?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 11:23:44 am »
I don't actually know, I always choose pictures that are around 600 x 600 in size so I don't have to deal with it. Perhaps other waygooks will chime in and help?

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 11:24:10 am »
How can I resize images posted from random web links? My offending post honestly doesn't look that bad to me, though maybe someone fixed it.

When you paste the jpg link and then put the....

around it....

Just write [img height=300] in the first brackets.  Do nothing to the second brackets.

Or whatever number in the first brackets, but 200-400 is the least offensive size.  (There is always a space between img and height)

*what an effing hassle that was to format. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:36:09 am by Ronnie Omelettes »

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 11:26:42 am »
damn you really are tight about this? formatting doesn't matter to me at all, unless you're intentionally trying to take up more space (in shanebarry's case it was obviously not intentional) or make your posts unreadable. i don't mind the posters with formatting quirks like foreverparadise or SPQR and i don't mind when formatting is used for other creative purposes. i don't like to use capitalization here, because for me this is an informal space to write (mostly silly) shit. i'm sure that bothers some people, too

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 11:38:00 am »
damn you really are tight about this? formatting doesn't matter to me at all, unless you're intentionally trying to take up more space (in shanebarry's case it was obviously not intentional) or make your posts unreadable. i don't mind the posters with formatting quirks like foreverparadise or SPQR and i don't mind when formatting is used for other creative purposes. i don't like to use capitalization here, because for me this is an informal space to write (mostly silly) shit. i'm sure that bothers some people, too
Kyndo brought up that an outside word processor was how FP was inputting his posts, but it is REALLY curious as to why? I mean, you have to type out what you want to say, letter by letter.

There is a box here to type in. It's the exact same. And using an outside processor is LESS efficient because you can bold all you want, italicise, etc, NONE of that will translate over to here, because this site has it's own coding/formatting rules. MS Word Bold coding is not going to make your bolded words in there apply here. So it's less useful.

It's one of those idiosyncrasies that make us wonder............. . "Why? What prompted this?" It's LESS efficient than using the one that's already in this site that you're going to be posting on anyway. It's like cutting your dog's hair with safety scissors at home and then showing up to your dressing room at the Dog Show that's fully equipped with thousands of dollars of grooming products. It makes no sense.

At this point, I'm sure FP is just cackling away behind his computer, rubbing his hands and thinking, "He'll never know, I WILL NEVER DIVULGE!"

EDIT: Maybe FP is worried there is some online tracking thing that will monitor his typing habits. These do exist for some websites/apps as an identity verfication. If he types in a WP and then pastes it in here, the online boogeymen can't track his typing patterns.

I dunno, I got nothing. haha
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:42:03 am by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 12:07:01 pm »
Could also be a speech to text thing. I know that I'm super lazy when Kakaoing people: I always just use that. Makes for some interesting snafus when the programme literally inserts (incorrectly) the words for the punctuation I tell it to use.

"Hey there call ma what's up questioned Mark."   :lipsrsealed:

When you paste the .jpg link and then...
*shakes head sadly and gently pushes aside broken, sobbing man*

- Copy image link
- click "Insert image" tile
- paste image link
- go to opening bracket and insert desired height or width (it's measured in pixels. For reference, the standard font size 8 letter is about 12 pixels high, I believe)
        - It should look like this: [img height=300]https://tinyurl.com/ybszo5zo[/img]
                               or like this: [img width=300]https://tinyurl.com/ybszo5zo[/img]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:23:38 pm by kyndo »

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 12:08:20 pm »
When you paste the jpg link and then put the....

around it....

Just write [img height=300] in the first brackets.  Do nothing to the second brackets.

Or whatever number in the first brackets, but 200-400 is the least offensive size.  (There is always a space between img and height)

*what an effing hassle that was to format. 

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm probably too lazy to ever do this, but I'll use it to edit my posts if someone complains.
Does your wife submit to you?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 12:22:36 pm »
Kyndo brought up that an outside word processor was how FP was inputting his posts, but it is REALLY curious as to why? I mean, you have to type out what you want to say, letter by letter.

There is a box here to type in. It's the exact same. And using an outside processor is LESS efficient because you can bold all you want, italicise, etc, NONE of that will translate over to here, because this site has it's own coding/formatting rules. MS Word Bold coding is not going to make your bolded words in there apply here. So it's less useful.

It's one of those idiosyncrasies that make us wonder............. . "Why? What prompted this?" It's LESS efficient than using the one that's already in this site that you're going to be posting on anyway. It's like cutting your dog's hair with safety scissors at home and then showing up to your dressing room at the Dog Show that's fully equipped with thousands of dollars of grooming products. It makes no sense.

At this point, I'm sure FP is just cackling away behind his computer, rubbing his hands and thinking, "He'll never know, I WILL NEVER DIVULGE!"

EDIT: Maybe FP is worried there is some online tracking thing that will monitor his typing habits. These do exist for some websites/apps as an identity verfication. If he types in a WP and then pastes it in here, the online boogeymen can't track his typing patterns.

I dunno, I got nothing. haha

Thank you Sir CO2.

I've asked many times, politely I may add, WHY this happens to his posts and not others. He just selfishly ignores the question time and time again. It's... bizarre. Quite happy to go on nonsense rambles about his interviews in Taiwan, but can't answer a simple question.

It's his right not to answer of course, and at this point I'm convinced he is trolling. Trolling isn't in the TOS I guess (can kyndo confirm) like 'hArRasSmEnT' so gets away with it.

Whatever, mods don't consider a formatting issue, so looks like I'll continue my random posts. I guess??

CB.

Also, hello Tyler.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 12:30:13 pm »
He just selfishly ignores the question time and time again. It's... bizarre.

Also, hello Tyler.

:laugh:

but yeah idk man, i was never really curious about why he typed like that until you brought it up. maybe someday he will bless us with an answer (SPQR too)

also, hello

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 12:30:54 pm »
If foreverparadise is going to continue with the bizarrely formatted posts we should be allowed to crack jokes about it whenever they pop up

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 12:31:11 pm »
Surprisingly, trolling *is* actually in the Terms of Service:shocked:

As for formatting, unless it significantly impedes clarity or is (somehow) malicious or whatever, I personally feel that people can do whatever they like.
I mean, if a poster's formatting is so annoying that people won't read it, they're only shooting themselves in the foot, right?

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 12:33:39 pm »
I mean, if a poster's formatting is so annoying that people won't read it, they're only shooting themselves in the foot, right?

................... ................... ................... ................... .......well I'm not sure if that's entirely true for certain posters here

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 12:37:46 pm »
What do you define as trolling?
Isn't trolling just joking?
How do I post my jokes as jokes and not trolls?
Is this a troll?

Tro
ll

Troll

T

R   

O

L L               Or

Joking?

Thanks for the link, I'll take a read. I don't want to make people UPSET again. *sad trombone* (Just a joke, not a troll)

To confirm, I can't ask bizarre Taiwan man anymore questions? Because harassment or something?

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 12:39:06 pm »
*shakes head sadly and gently pushes aside broken, sobbing man*
- Copy image link
- click "Insert image" tile
- paste image link
- go to opening bracket and insert desired height or width (it's measured in pixels. For reference, the standard font size 8 letter is about 12 pixels high, I believe)
        - It should look like this: [img height=300]https://tinyurl.com/ybszo5zo[/img]
                               or like this: [img width=300]https://tinyurl.com/ybszo5zo[/img]

Blah blah blah blah!  And for your info Kynd, I'm only broken, not sobbing, I'm just cutting onions, that's all.

I assumed Shane could already do the first bits as he's posted pictures.  So I included the important bit. 

And anyway we have a geographical affinity.  I've drunk guinness in Dublin.  Went to the Jamesons distillery in Cork.  I've kissed the Blarney Stone.  Been to the Titanic's actual last port of call in Cobh.  Been to a music night at a local Irish pub in the middle of nowhere where fiddles and bodhrans were played.  Got stared at for going into a local fisherman's pub in Ballycotton.  You ain't got nun Irish craic 'Level 1 - Mod'