Read 1237 times

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Lotteria changed?
« on: June 16, 2020, 01:44:24 pm »
So, I went for a cruise with a buddy.  We stopped in a small rural town and needed some grub.  Instead of Korean we went for their one fast food place, Lotteria.  I hadn't eaten there in over a decade.  I moved to a bigger city and could find a couple of burger alternatives.  Prob 2009ish?  Anyways, it was always a love hate mostly hate thing being a hostage in a small town.  I'd eat about twice a year.  That cardboardish fake meat and weird bun taste wasn't for me unless I was desperate.  Anyways, I ate it last weekend.  Got their cheeseburger and a friend got a veggie burger thingee.  I'd still do a home made burger place but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Tastes like real meat and the bun is okay.  Real mustard, not weird sweet sauces.  Their fries have a more potato taste.  Anyways, they have improved their taste a lot.  They really stepped it up a few notches.  I would eat there again and not another decade or so.  I may still prefer BK or Shake Shack (maybe SS less now after they poisoned some cops in NYC).  But, Lotte is quite doable.  I'm still in a state of shock.  They really stepped it up (at least the cheese burger meal set).   

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Lotteria changed?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 02:11:36 pm »
Burger King is the one in Korea. When the volcano fries are in the rotation can make an epic Mexican double whopper.

Lotteria is meh. Though I do like the shake shake chicken.

Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 02:45:45 pm »
i've eaten it twice and had the worst shits imaginable*. never again

*you probably don't want to imagine it though

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 03:11:04 pm »
The AZ burger at lotteria is pretty great :D

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 03:17:36 pm »
I went to Lotteria in 2002 for its paprika burger and I enjoyed the generous amount of bell peppers on it, but didn't finish the patty itself. I have only had fries there ever since (about once a year i get a fries urge in this small town and it scratches the itch, though it's not great there and way too salty).

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 04:55:27 pm »
Lotteria certainly has changed a lot. They actually have several things on the menu that are the best of the fast food joints in Korea- The cheesesticks and the Hot and Crispy burger (though that one triggers my acid reflux these days, but man is it tasty going down). They also have several other solid options- chicken tenders might be better than McD's or BK. Classic Cheese isn't bad (although i can't stand mayonnaise on burgers). AZ and the others are okay though they don't beat the King. The DoubleX2 is decent filler. Their nuggets are also a steal at W1,800.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 06:55:55 am »
Any large multinational junk food companies in Korea that start making 'vegan' burgers are going to get my vote.  Finally.   :smiley:

Why don't McDonalds do the bean/veggie burger they do in just about every other country?  Last year, I could buy one ramyeon in the supermarket that was vegetarian, now there are four.  Most of the export ramyeon are vegetarian, why not make them available here?  I was curious why 불닭볶음라면 was popular here, but couldn't eat it, but when in Berlin last year picked up some vegetarian export ones, ate them and kind of 'yeh, okay'.  Spicy for spicy sake.   >:(

Us low energy, pasty vegetarians are fighting back, at a time of our choosing and as long as it isn't a long walk, and definitely not if it's too hot.  Nap time. :police:

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 12:23:03 pm »
maybe SS less now after they poisoned some cops in NYCet).   

...wat
Does your wife submit to you?

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 12:58:28 pm »

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 03:53:51 pm »

Us low energy, pasty vegetarians are fighting back, at a time of our choosing and as long as it isn't a long walk, and definitely not if it's too hot.  Nap time. :police:

😂

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 06:39:25 pm »
A tangent:

I never cared for most fast food burger joints. I used to go to Wendy's because my friend wanted to, and I had their baked potato and chili. Does Wendy's still offer those?

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 07:55:07 pm »
I went to Lotteria once like my first week in Korea, thinking "how bad could it be, South Korea's a modern country, right?" The chicken was pink inside and tasted weird. It was my first introduction to the way most food in Korea is not fit for human consumption. Never went there again.

(maybe SS less now after they poisoned some cops in NYC).  But, Lotte is quite doable.

You just had to post this notoriously debunked claim and virtue signal about what a brave alt-right NPC you are, didn't you?
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 08:05:12 am »
I went to Lotteria once like my first week in Korea, thinking "how bad could it be, South Korea's a modern country, right?" The chicken was pink inside and tasted weird. It was my first introduction to the way most food in Korea is not fit for human consumption. Never went there again.
MayorHaggar: Stuck in 2006. And bad taste to boot

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 08:41:51 am »
I'll admit I haven't been in a Lotteria in the past several years, because none are convenient to me. 

But I did really quite like their spicy chicken burger.  And their fries are/were better than Mickey D's.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 11:30:51 am »
Again I use to think the same as most of you.  I found the meat and burger unappealing.  I still like BK better.  But, what I am saying is it has come a long way.  The cheeseburger patty tasted like real meat and the bun was better too.  It was 10 or 11 years since I had a burger there.  I ate ice cream only there during recent years.  Anyways, give it a try.  Not as bad as before. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 12:36:29 pm »
well, i think you've found their new advertising slogan, hangook77

Lotteria
 - Not as bad as before -

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 12:37:53 pm »
also, who the hell is deleting my posts here? i think if your posts get deleted they should at least tell you who did it and why. don't ghost delete them you cocks

• shostager
  • Super Waygook

• November 06, 2012, 06:08:10 am
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 12:44:23 pm »
Lotteria has (used to have? it's been a while) a hash brown-cheese combo burger with no meat ("치즈 인 더 버거"), which I thought was pretty decent. I know Shake Shack has a mushroom burger. Any other vegetarian-friendly burgers out there? I'd like to try some, but not sure where to look.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 12:45:50 pm »
well, i think you've found their new advertising slogan, hangook77

Lotteria
 - Not as bad as before -

Ha ha.  Tell me about it.  (I was just surprised.)

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 01:25:31 pm »
I dont like burgers, or meat for that matter, but I do enjoy Lotteria burgers more than ones I could get back home at McDonalds and such