http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPfoEvNJ74

Candace Owens lays down the truth.

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
Re: The other side of George Floyd
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 03:14:45 pm »
I feel like a broken record at this point, but I still fail to see what this has to do with anything.

His arrest history does not warrant having his neck knelt on for 8 minutes. Also, Candace Owens is cringe. If you're going to link us to a conservagrifter at least give us somebody entertaining like Wohl.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 03:20:34 pm »

Candace Owens lays down the truth.

Hmmm.  Don't see any death penalty charges there.

This strikes me therefore as what is called "blame the victim". 

It is the worst kind of dishonest rhetorical trick employed by the worst kind of *checks OP name* Oh.  Nevermind.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 03:27:17 pm »
Owens is an embarrassment. If you're anywhere to the right of Lenin the last thing you should be doing is promoting her. She's so awful I lie to myself and tell myself that she's really a left wing activist undercover in a false flag operation to make us look bad.
Does your wife submit to you?

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 03:30:45 pm »
Lol. I like Candace, but if your first reaction to that video is to blather about Chicago, you're clowning. One could use another word that starts with c and ends with ing, but that's not my place to say. There's almost no other black conservative voices I'd say that about, but it's obvious that Candace has Michelle Malkin levels of discomfort regarding her own race. Like, we all know minorities in our lives who get uncomfortable around minorities of their own shade and just prefer hanging with some other group.

I mean 'blexit'? Really? I'm not even a part of the black community and I can see how horrible of a slogan that is for reaching out to the black community. She just doesn't connect most of the time.

To paraphrase a Paul Mooney joke, "White people like Candace Owens because she makes Condi Rice look like Malcolm X."

Candace is great on non-race issues, but on race issues she's pure cringe most of the time. If you want conservative black voices who keep it real, follow Amazing Lucas or Some Black Guy. Also, follow some liberal voices and get out of your echo chamber.

Anyways, Floyd's priors have jack shit to do with what happened. Doesn't make it right for that officer to do what he did.

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 03:59:18 pm »
It appears none of you understand what she's saying. She clearly says the cop is guilty. What you fail to grasp is that she's also saying don't worship Floyd because he was a bad man. I agree with both sides of that. Floyd was trash, he didn't deserve what happened to him, but that does not negate the fact he was trash. And yes, his past does matter. You all seem to keep bringing up Trump's past, but then again, you're liberals and therefore two-faced and incapable of critical thought.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 04:09:41 pm »
It appears none of you understand what she's saying. She clearly says the cop is guilty. What you fail to grasp is that she's also saying don't worship Floyd because he was a bad man. I agree with both sides of that. Floyd was trash, he didn't deserve what happened to him, but that does not negate the fact he was trash. And yes, his past does matter. You all seem to keep bringing up Trump's past, but then again, you're liberals and therefore two-faced and incapable of critical thought.
Who the flying f is worshipping Floyd? People are saying bring justice to his killer, not "Live your life according to Floyd."

Floyd's past doesn't matter. We're talking about an officer's actions and police policies.

People are bringing up Trump's past because they're debating whether he should get a 2nd term as President. None of Trump's supporters bitch and moan when about people mentioning Trump's past accomplishments, so don't complain about people bringing up Trump's past mistakes. Either you can bring up both or neither.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 04:28:11 pm »
Who the flying f is worshipping Floyd?

Well, they are painting massive murals of the guy around the place.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 05:27:09 pm »
This has to be the saddest and most pathetic thread starter in the history of this site.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 06:54:22 pm »
Who the flying f is worshipping Floyd? People are saying bring justice to his killer, not "Live your life according to Floyd."

Floyd's past doesn't matter. We're talking about an officer's actions and police policies.

People are bringing up Trump's past because they're debating whether he should get a 2nd term as President. None of Trump's supporters bitch and moan when about people mentioning Trump's past accomplishments, so don't complain about people bringing up Trump's past mistakes. Either you can bring up both or neither.

You didn't see the WWGFD bumper stickers in Insadong?

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 10:16:30 pm »
Did anyone actually watch the video?

Main points in it:
What officer Chauvin did was in no way justifiable, but Floyd should not be viewed as a hero. Black America is the only demographic that treats criminals as heroes. Floyd was high on meth and fentanyl at the time of his arrest. He had a violent criminal history. In one incident he held a gun against a pregnant woman's belly while his accomplices robbed her home. A black person is 18.5 times more likely to kill a police officer than be killed by a police officer while unarmed.  Black people commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime. So it's not surprising they get into altercations with police at a disproportionate rate. Black America needs to take responsibility for its problems instead of always blaming white people.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:19:26 pm by T_Rex »

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 11:03:20 pm »
Black America is the only demographic that treats criminals as heroes.
Bonnie & Clyde, John Dillinger, Jesse James, Butch Cassidy, heck... Al Pacino and Robert Deniro made a career out of playing criminal heroes. Most Americans of any neighborhood have cheered the little guy, the underdog, the rebel, the less powerful against the system. The American ethos is anti-establishment.

That said,... to think objections to this police killing has to do with heroism of any kind is absurd. He was a VICTIM of a crime that should not have been committed.

It is sad to try and undermine the one example among many this represents by somehow saying the victim's death was less egrigious based on his past behavior. That is to miss the point.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 05:08:20 am »
The irony in all this horseshit of course is George Floyd was held accountable for the crimes he committed before his death.

The serial killer who killed him was let off time and time again and treated with kid gloves, till millions of people across multiple countries demanded justice.

Some people are just so desperate to be dumb.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 11:12:01 am »
Wow new lows for waygook.org congratulations lic.

Police shouldnít have the power to execute at will with no oversight. Period

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 01:35:21 pm »
It is sad to try and undermine the one example among many this represents by somehow saying the victim's death was less egrigious based on his past behavior. That is to miss the point.

Stating facts might be a response to social media posts like "His only crime was being black" and "Innocent black people in America are being hunted down and killed by police because of the color of their skin".

That's false. Is it distasteful to set the record straight?

Sam Harris retweeted this:

2019 Police-Involved Shooting Deaths of Unarmed Civilians: 19 White 9 Black

Everyone has skin in the game. Propagating the falsehood that this is exclusively, or primarily, a problem for black folks, is a bad look. I'm pro-police reform. I'm against fact-free anti-racism tropes.

Agree or disagree?

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 02:34:00 pm »
The irony in all this horseshit of course is George Floyd was held accountable for the crimes he committed before his death.

The serial killer who killed him was let off time and time again and treated with kid gloves, till millions of people across multiple countries demanded justice.

Some people are just so desperate to be dumb.

Love this. Very well said.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2020, 03:40:23 pm »
Yeah, while I agree that the term 'murderer' is no way strong enough to describe Derek Chauvin, 'serial killer' also sounds slightly inadequate. How about 'genocidal maniac'? I think only a term like that would match the strength of emotion felt in this case.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 05:33:26 pm »
How many people has Chauvin killed? How many of them were unarmed?

Maybe that might answer your emotional question.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 05:43:37 pm »

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 05:51:30 pm »
Yes. Just one unarmed man - George Floyd. So (according to waygo0k) that means he was a "serial killer who was let off time and time again"? Seems far fetched.