Read 1596 times

Korona in Korea: Whatís kool, whatís not?
« on: June 04, 2020, 12:03:14 am »
I donít wear a mask when Iím out running. Dick move?

Re: Korona in Korea: Whatís kool, whatís not?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 01:07:23 am »

Running outside...no worries. Running on a treadmill in the gym...then ya, dick move

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 05:40:56 am »
i don't either. how the hell are you supposed to run with a mask on? the only dick moves i see while out running are people walking on the wrong side of the path, people walking on the bike lane, people walking in huge chains making it impossible to get past, people purposely moving into your path so you have to go around them, cyclists playing really loud music on shitty speakers, people smoking in the non-smoking zone, etc, etc

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 06:32:37 am »
A thread started by Donnervan...

And, Oglop posting before 7am, Jesus?  I feel the Rapture coming....

On Monday, I was talking with my 3rd grade students in the corridor.  My principal walked past and mentioned we were talking too close together (about a metre or so apart).  Forgetting that everywhere else in the school, students are holding hands, sitting on each other laps, standing in large groups etc.  Not cool = inconsistency.  Other than that, I love my principal. 

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 07:53:34 am »

On Monday, I was talking with my 3rd grade students in the corridor.  My principal walked past and mentioned we were talking too close together (about a metre or so apart).  Forgetting that everywhere else in the school, students are holding hands, sitting on each other laps, standing in large groups etc.  Not cool = inconsistency.  Other than that, I love my principal. 
My principal fist-bumps me then gets right up in my face as if he's going to impart a great secret.  Then wishes me a happy day or tells me he's glad I'm at his school.  He doesn't wear a mask.  I do.

But I "passed" my open class yesterday so it's all good.   I really don't want to do a job search in this difficult environment.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• AvecPommesFrites
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2017, 02:19:33 pm
    • Incheon International Airport Immigration Office Detention Facility
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 08:29:11 am »
I can't taste the pollution as well when I'm wearing a mask out running so for that truly authentic experience I'd forego one.
Soggy undergarments

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 08:52:34 am »
My Coteacher poured water to give to the students to drink from her personal thermos (that she drinks from). I was just watching knowing that if my school does get a confirmed case I will be blamed regardless. She also hasnít worn a mask since the students returned.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 11:10:15 am »
Running outside...no worries. Running on a treadmill in the gym...then ya, dick move

My gym reopened in mid April and the first week I wore a mask and gloves.  A mask was mandatory as was signing in.  Now, most people including myself, just wear a mask around their chin.  It's tough working out with a mask on. 

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 11:27:20 am »
Now, most people including myself, just wear a mask around their chin

Just... take it off? Surely it's easier to work out without a mask than to have one on your chin. (that does absolutely nothing)
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 11:31:42 am »
My Coteacher poured water to give to the students to drink from her personal thermos (that she drinks from). I was just watching knowing that if my school does get a confirmed case I will be blamed regardless. She also hasnít worn a mask since the students returned.
[/quote

One person had a birthday party, blew out the candles, and then the cake was passed about the office. I left while it was being distributed.

• AvecPommesFrites
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2017, 02:19:33 pm
    • Incheon International Airport Immigration Office Detention Facility
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 12:27:26 pm »
Ah the old, I'm wearing a mask but it's under my chin so I'm not wearing it but I am wearing it paradox.
Soggy undergarments

• Datasapien
  • Expert Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 12:50:37 pm »
Ah the old, I'm wearing a mask but it's under my chin so I'm not wearing it but I am wearing it paradox.

Ah, the ol' Schrodinger's mask! Most of my students do that too.
I never finish anyth

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »
Ah, the ol' Schrodinger's mask! Most of my students do that too.

It was funny, in my class today, we listened to the book thing, and I asked the students why the character had to wear a mask.
My students: Because of the corona virus!
We had a good laugh and then I call out the first student, who said the corona virus, for not wearing his mask. :p

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 10:12:04 pm »
When I used to run a clean room for manufacturing we wore beard covers, but not masks. Most people shaved after a few weeks there.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 08:45:38 am »
Now, most people including myself, just wear a mask around their chin

Just... take it off? Surely it's easier to work out without a mask than to have one on your chin. (that does absolutely nothing)

Because sometimes someone at the gym will come up and make chit chat so I can just quickly flip it up.  It's there if I need to pretend it's doing something so others aren't alarmed.  In almost four years I've only ever seen two foreigners at this gym so I'm representing. 

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 09:22:08 am »
Yeah, if you're working out properly, it's difficult to wear a mask in a gym, especially in a gym with no A/C and very little to no air circulation. It's possible, but it definitely inhibits performance, and I've seen a few people come close to fainting. It's not good for you.

The only people I see who're consistently keeping their entire nose/mouth covered with their masks in the gym are the ones who aren't really working out very hard to begin with. They're walking around the gym a lot, they lift very little weight, they give themselves incredibly long rest periods despite not lifting anywhere near heavy, and the majority of them never do more than walk on the treadmills.

The ones who're actually pushing themselves hard enough to sweat and to make themselves breathless -- they pull the masks down off of their noses or under their chins. When they don't, I see them taking very long rest periods to both cool off and catch their breath. A couple of them will take their masks off altogether while on the treadmills, and I've never seen anyone get called out for it, although I never go during my gym's busy periods, either.

I'm personally able to jog comfortably with a mask on as long as I can peak my nose out. With my face fully covered, I can last maybe 5-10 minutes before I feel like I'm suffocating, so it's a big nope for me. I just go in early enough in the morning or late enough at night that I don't have to worry about wearing my mask while on the treadmill.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 09:55:12 am »
Yeah, if you're working out properly, it's difficult to wear a mask in a gym, especially in a gym with no A/C and very little to no air circulation. It's possible, but it definitely inhibits performance, and I've seen a few people come close to fainting. It's not good for you.

The only people I see who're consistently keeping their entire nose/mouth covered with their masks in the gym are the ones who aren't really working out very hard to begin with. They're walking around the gym a lot, they lift very little weight, they give themselves incredibly long rest periods despite not lifting anywhere near heavy, and the majority of them never do more than walk on the treadmills.

The ones who're actually pushing themselves hard enough to sweat and to make themselves breathless -- they pull the masks down off of their noses or under their chins. When they don't, I see them taking very long rest periods to both cool off and catch their breath. A couple of them will take their masks off altogether while on the treadmills, and I've never seen anyone get called out for it, although I never go during my gym's busy periods, either.

I'm personally able to jog comfortably with a mask on as long as I can peak my nose out. With my face fully covered, I can last maybe 5-10 minutes before I feel like I'm suffocating, so it's a big nope for me. I just go in early enough in the morning or late enough at night that I don't have to worry about wearing my mask while on the treadmill.

I don't know why those people even go to the gym?  I'm guessing its boredom....but they are incredibly fun to people watch...mostly they are 50-65 years old and they literally do the most random shit.  Common stuff I've witnessed at the gym I used to go to.....Men who do like two reps of bicep curls with 5 kg weights grunting like they are giving birth and staring at themselves so intently in the mirror, then set the weights down and walk around waving their arms and performing self flagellation with sticks. 

My favourite memory of that gym is that it had 4 fat jiggler machines.....and this heavily makeuped (sp?) lady used to come in almost everyday with a crazy leopard sparkly sequined polyester exercise outfit and stand and jiggle for 40 minutes while texting and listening to loud as hell trot music blaring from her phone.  That's all she did.  (She reminded me of the lady from Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun video)Ö..

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 10:01:50 am »

I have a simple squat rack and barbell (only goes up to 120kg) in my apartment. I'm not planning on gymming this year, my strength training is going to focus around volume when it comes to weights and intensity when it comes to calisthenics; if you think you're badass at barbell squats, try pistol squats to a jump (hold some plates for added enjoyment).

For running, I just go to the track and bought a cheap exercise bike for days where the air quality is bad, or I can't make it to the track.

I'm not really that concerned about contracting the virus in the gym, I just can't be bothered to wear a mask while training and I'm taking the opportunity to switch up my training, by focusing more on calisthenics for strength, which is always a good thing.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 10:04:27 am »
..and this heavily makeuped (sp?)

Made-up

(She reminded me of the lady from Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun video)Ö..

Oh, f**k you, I haven't thought about that terrifying image in decades. hahahah
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:08:55 am by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 10:57:22 am »
hehe (all those creepy grins.....their com
Made-up

in
Made-up

I'm so sorry C02 (not really...I want you to remember the creepy smiling family, the melting Barbie on the barbie, the ice-cream dribbling out of the daughter's mouth, and the screwed-up jiggling woman....NEVER FORGET C02)!!!