Read 632 times

Suggestions for activities within restricted classrooms
« on: May 22, 2020, 10:37:34 am »
Yo,

So some of your schools have already opened by now. My schools open next week and the following week. In anticipation of the rules regarding no groups activities and such, does anyone have any suggestions for the kinds of games and activities I can use in my classes that would still be effective? Bingo being an obvious one.

Kind Regards

Re: Suggestions for activities within restricted classrooms
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:56:20 am »
I'd like to follow this thread for some ideas as well. I'm a bit worried as to how English camp will go since that is heavily interactive. I'm more worried that the students won't have fun. This is pretty sad tbh.

Anyways, some activities that I can only think of are bomb games, Bingo, and paper activities =.='

Just found another thread with some great ideas~

https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=119973.msg826476;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:01:32 am by talk20gen »

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:16:29 am »
I think PPT games are still possible in groups, as long as you don't move them into physical groups

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:00:21 pm »
Yeah. As for PPT games, I think I have a solution. Imagine 5 rows or 5 students. Each row is a team. All students  individually write their answers on a piece of paper, 3,2,1 papers up. Then each student in the row (team) who is correct is a multiplier. Then we show the sore and calculate. So if 3 out of 5 were correct in that row (on that team), an the question was a 3 pointer, that team would receive 9 points...Just an idea anyhow, still waiting to test it.

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:02:37 am »
I'd like to follow this thread for some ideas as well. I'm a bit worried as to how English camp will go since that is heavily interactive. I'm more worried that the students won't have fun. This is pretty sad tbh.

Anyways, some activities that I can only think of are bomb games, Bingo, and paper activities =.='

Just found another thread with some great ideas~

https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=119973.msg826476;topicseen#new

Nice, I didn't see that thread before so thanks for the link. Seems like PPT games is the way forward for the time being.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:44:24 am »
Ask the schools to give the kids individual notebooks.  If doing jeopardy style game, each kid writes their answers on paper and keeps track of their own score.  Play pass the ball and let the music play for 30 seconds or so.  Then, take a popsicle stick, roll dice, use app, etc to call student number.  That student stands and answers the slide.  Telepathy and word lotto give the kid a sheet (or use notebook) to write the answers and keep track of their own score.  Some of the ppts like Lotto, Telepathy, Pass the Ball, Poop Game - Jeopardy - bomb game - etc can still be played just a bit differently. 

For Telepathy and Lotto, I included examples already on here. 

« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:06:24 am »
Kahoot! could be a good use at this time - as long as you are allowed to let your students use their phones during class time. Kahoot! was a website suggestion I saw a while back on here, when the online classes first started. You can create your own quiz/review questions and the kids answer via their cell phones. You have an option of doing the game player vs. player, so all kids would need their devices, or team vs team, so they share a device in one group - for this option you could have the kids in each team rotate who answers the next question so all students get a shot.

I honestly haven't really tried the site because I went in a different direction, but I'm looking into it as a review game option for my (middle school) G3 classes, which start back up tomorrow.

Again, though, the students would need to have at least one phone in each group for the concept to work.