Read 1073 times

Over/under schools stay open for the rest of the semester
« on: May 20, 2020, 07:33:25 am »
Welcome back slackers!! So will schools stay open for the entire rest of the first semester or will they close again with a new outbreak???

What's your guess?

***Last I heard the MOE allowed each provincial edu office to make their own decisions, so for the sake of ease any public schools elementary, middle or high that close due to an outbreak will be considered as the standard for this poll.***
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:50:12 am by thunderlips »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Over/under schools stay open for the rest of the semester
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 08:04:07 am »
i heard they'll just close the whole school if a teacher/kid gets infected. i imagine they'll be reluctant to close all schools again once they've opened

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 08:33:33 am »
A lot of parents and teacher's associations are already upset so I imagine if many outbreaks start occurring they'll just stop sending their kids. They can apply to learn from home for like up to a month. I think you'd be pretty lucky if anything didn't happen at your school unless it's a small rural school that can maybe follow social distancing. It's only a matter of time, unfortunately.
I'm planning to opt-out of school lunch because it's the only thing I can control to lessen the risk :-(.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 08:41:13 am »
A lot of parents and teacher's associations are already upset so I imagine if many outbreaks start occurring they'll just stop sending their kids. They can apply to learn from home for like up to a month. I think you'd be pretty lucky if anything didn't happen at your school unless it's a small rural school that can maybe follow social distancing. It's only a matter of time, unfortunately.
I'm planning to opt-out of school lunch because it's the only thing I can control to lessen the risk :-(.

Ahhh yeah I should have brought a lunch. At least I'l have an excuse to sit by myself and enjoy my lunch rather than being crammed in among all the teachers and their gossiping.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 08:59:11 am »
I think it will depend on the outbreak. Where it is, and the likelihood of your area getting infected by it, I think.

• D.L.Orean
  • Super Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 09:01:40 am »
A lot of parents and teacher's associations are already upset so I imagine if many outbreaks start occurring they'll just stop sending their kids. They can apply to learn from home for like up to a month.I think you'd be pretty lucky if anything didn't happen at your school unless it's a small rural school that can maybe follow social distancing. It's only a matter of time, unfortunately.

You think most schools will have outbreaks? Or most schools would react to an outbreak at another school?

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 09:27:11 am »
I would like to continue being a slacker

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 09:32:21 am »
You think most schools will have outbreaks? Or most schools would react to an outbreak at another school?

I don't think most schools will have outbreaks, but probably a considerable amount.

https://news.naver.com/main/ranking/read.nhn?mid=etc&sid1=111&rankingType=popular_day&oid=003&aid=0009870856&date=20200520&type=0&rankingSeq=2&rankingSectionId=102
9 schools were just closed today because of confirmed students (I just saw this and it's breaking news so appears there are no details yet).

Like it's literally day 1 with 1 grade attending and 9 schools are already closed? Expect this to continue.

Update: article with more info
https://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=102&oid=366&aid=0000525964
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:35:45 am by norastelladora »

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 09:33:55 am »
Something wrong with that link, can you re-post please.

I'm still struggling to understand why its safe for teachers to come to school, but unsafe for kids.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 09:36:10 am »
Something wrong with that link, can you re-post please.

I'm still struggling to understand why its safe for teachers to come to school, but unsafe for kids.

works for me, try in chrome

*The NET at that school will get blamed! :P

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 09:38:46 am »

Nah I fixed it. Apparently someone in the community was infected and they decided not to re-open.  But best believe that you are in a very different situation if you get infected. I'm not sure parents would forgive us lol.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 09:45:15 am »

It was broken. I use Chrome.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 10:24:16 am »
I don't think most schools will have outbreaks, but probably a considerable amount.

https://news.naver.com/main/ranking/read.nhn?mid=etc&sid1=111&rankingType=popular_day&oid=003&aid=0009870856&date=20200520&type=0&rankingSeq=2&rankingSectionId=102
9 schools were just closed today because of confirmed students (I just saw this and it's breaking news so appears there are no details yet).

Like it's literally day 1 with 1 grade attending and 9 schools are already closed? Expect this to continue.

Update: article with more info
https://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=102&oid=366&aid=0000525964

Schools with under 60 students in the school can open too. So it's not just grade 3 high school today.
I work at a middle school with 33 students, and all except 1 student are here today for our first day back.