Read 2636 times

• buckybee
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2015, 02:36:08 pm
    • Gunsan
Re: Is there only 20 active users in this forum?
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2020, 08:53:45 am »
I mostly lurk on the forums but I add things to the lesson plans sections. I can't be bothered to join the conversations. Sometimes the hate on Korea gets too much for me. I like the country, I live here, somethings are bad but I'm not interested in being a part of those discussions that fixate on it. Also, I stay away from politics because it's politics.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 10:03:56 am »
Not having a go. You're doing the work you gotta do. You deserve success with what you're doing.

레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 12:22:13 pm »
Almost skipped this thread and missed the rare apancoe post.

Thank gawd for hump Thursdays.

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »
I mostly lurk on the forums but I add things to the lesson plans sections. I can't be bothered to join the conversations. Sometimes the hate on Korea gets too much for me. I like the country, I live here, somethings are bad but I'm not interested in being a part of those discussions that fixate on it. Also, I stay away from politics because it's politics.

Agreed...

I do pop my head above the parapet occasionally but try to avoid the really contentious stuff for the most part...I'll give info on films, books, travel and assorted things (like where to get certain foods etc.), but can't really be bothered with the invective hurled on certain threads that just indicate the division among certain respondents...

Having said that tho', there are a few folks on here I'd like to have a pint or two with - I'd spring for the first shout!

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2020, 01:54:03 pm »
Ok....All you A.I. bots please expose yourselves!!!

Soon A.I. bots will outnumber actual human users.  On top of that, they will be 1000x smarter and be able to write articles and columns and post opinions and be indistinguishable from humans.    Yes, this is the future you all wanted.  It's coming.

• hippo
  • Veteran

• July 16, 2011, 11:28:36 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2020, 05:11:16 pm »
I am a bot lurker.  I check once in a while only to see people having arguments that do not really matter and/or do not translate into any real world actions.  Then, I move along.

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 01:26:21 pm »
Apancoe's comments are appreciated. Here are some points though to consider

1) A lot of the topics are controversial ones, with controversial takes. If someone starts a thread like "Why do Koreans...?" and then gives what many would consider a prejudiced opinion regarding it, I think you're going to get lots of debate.
2) I notice some people have a problem with debate and retort. They will say something and then when someone disagrees with them it really bothers them and they claim the place is "nasty." I mean, if you view discourse as everyone taking their turn to say something, then fine, but that's not how everyone views discourse. Someone once said East Asians view conversations as bowling. You go up, you take your turn, and then you sit down. Westerners tend to view it as volleyball or badminton- back and forth with setups and stuff. Now that's just a stereotype but it might apply here. So, if you wish things were more like bowling than volleyball, then yeah, this place can be discomforting.
3) THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH LONGFORM. I'm sorry, but we're all college educated adults and not everything can be explained or resolved in a paragraph.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:29:43 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• chimp
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2015, 05:16:31 am
    • Zoo
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2020, 07:24:38 am »
i usually just lurk. sometimes i'll type out a reply but usually end up just deleting it. i really wish this was a better place for new members or quieter members to participate.  it would be freshing and beneficial to hear new voices, opinions, and points of view, but i can totally understand why they don't say much.

i think it was co4, stoat, and onnut that mentioned how most threads are just tired memes and corny attempts at starting a pun-train. i agree 100% with them.

it's like a thread cannot exist unless:

demartino types out 3 paragraphs of schizophrenic nonsense followed with 6 wikipedia linked articles on eastern european debate tactics. that's not even the worst part. the worst part is the same handful of waygook heroes that actually engage him. it's not funny or beneficial to anyone, it just derails threads and conversations.

LIC or LI (i'm sorry i can't remember which one it is) dropping in and repping THE TROPICS. if you have such a dope life in THE TROPICS, and such a great job in THE TROPICS,  and a huge house and yard in THE TROPICS...why do you post here? if i lived in THE TROPICS...you know what i would NOT be doing? posting on a website for teachers that don't live in THE TROPICS. i wouldn't give two shts about this website and would just enjoy my life in THE TROPICS.

confusedsaffer posting from taiwan. NOBODY HERE CARES about how much better the weather is or how better off you are. find a website in taiwan for teachers and please post there. you're similar to LIC or LI (sorry again)...it's like if you're so much happier and better off than you were in korea, then MOVE ON.

co2 desperately trying too hard to be popular and funny. first - is it possible for you to make a post without somehow trying to wedge in YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND HER DAUGHTER? it is exhausting trying to read a thread and having to scroll past your 6th...and 7th...and 8th meme or the lame way you try and turn EVERYTHING into a pun or play on words. bro - sometimes people just wanna have a real back and forth conversation without all the immature nonsense and distractions. it's ok if every conversation doesn't include or revolve around you. just because people don't tell you you're annoying, doesn't mean you aren't. please quit trying to be the mayor of this website.

cowboyshirt trying to passively aggressively sht on people. are you new and have a question about how to use your banking app? cowboyshirt LITERALLY cannot understand how you don't know how to use it. are you thinking about buying a common household appliance? cowboyshirt LITERALLY cannot fathom why you didn't buy it on some random exclusively korean website that nobody knows about for 3,000 won less than you paid for it at your local homeplus. you are LITERALLY an imbecile. does he still do that HILARIOUS thing about "sugar is literally poison?" that thing where...regular normal people will be having a conversation on here about cooking, baking, etc.. and crashes into the convo like the kool-aid man and fires up his catchphrase "sugar is literally poison" and then the original people having the convo just sorta give him a pity lol or it just stops the convo dead in it's tracks because nobody knows how to respond. my dude either has asperger's or just tries too hard to be RANdOM & QUirkY.

these people make it hard for other members to participate. they dominate the threads and everyone else is too polite to ever say anything.

This plus most the posters here are just plain ol' dumb. There's no point trying to keep up any kind of reasoned dialogue with these idiots. Average-to-below-average intellects abound here.

oo oo ahh ahh

• chimp
  • Veteran

• Zoo
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2020, 07:59:34 am »
I like the pedestrianness of the posters here, it keeps me coming back.

That poster Spaghetti says stuff like "Oh woe, I'm at school with my packed lunch of organic peanuts but what I'd really like is a cheese sandwich. Nonetheless, Paris Baguette isn't up to my lofty American sliced cheese standards so maybe I'll eat one of those Egg and Jam sandwiches from the convenience store instead. I thrive under testing circumstances like these"

Or that guy Plebeian who says "I refuse to wear Axe deoderant because if I make teenage girls horny I will dishonor my wife and make the Flying Spaghetti God angry. I have dull conversations with an atheist friend so my posts are rendered interesting and meaningful."

Or Gas, "I went to an unremarkable bar in Pyeongtaek with my girlfriend and ordered a mass-produced beer. Watch my youtube video pun-요."

There's also that compound character Stout-Coleslaw-Lickme who stamp about saying "Everybody is a raging bellend you twats but if you criticise me I'm going to feign incomprehension as to  why. If you say I might have florid skin due to underlying blood pressure issues, then I'll get reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy y mad and offended."
oo oo ahh ahh

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2020, 09:12:23 am »
Sorry, chimp, but you're not as clever as apancoe. Maybe find your own style and stop trying to monkey-see-monkey-do what you see the "cool kids" do.  :undecided:

I'd welcome a pot shot from apancoe, though. He's actually funny about it. To tell you the truth I'm a little bummed that he doesn't feel I'm worth it.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2020, 09:21:53 am »
yeah chimp's posts are about as edgy as karl pilkington's head. stop trying so hard m8

• chimp
  • Veteran

• Zoo
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2020, 11:53:43 am »
Not trying to be funny, trying to be as dumb as you lot come across on here!

I don't post on here because it's a boring forum with people who post about boring things.

You are boring people.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:00:01 pm by chimp »
oo oo ahh ahh

• chimp
  • Veteran

• Zoo
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2020, 11:55:24 am »
Sorry, chimp, but you're not as clever as apancoe. Maybe find your own style and stop trying to monkey-see-monkey-do what you see the "cool kids" do.  :undecided:

I'd welcome a pot shot from apancoe, though. He's actually funny about it. To tell you the truth I'm a little bummed that he doesn't feel I'm worth it.

Sorry. I will wait with baited breath for your next scintillating post on banana bread.

Show me how it's done.
oo oo ahh ahh

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2020, 05:10:27 pm »
Not trying to be funny, trying to be as dumb as you lot come across on here!

I don't post on here because it's a boring forum with people who post about boring things.

You are boring people.

No one's preventing you from adding your own content. The fact is you're just as boring if not more boring than the rest of us because you bring nothing interesting or clever to the table.

And yet here you are, attempting to bully adults for not being entertaining enough for you. On a teachers' website, no less. Just rheeeeeee-ing your way through life, I imagine.

I don't agree with apancoe on a lot of his rants. He does make some good points, but, overall, he's just being a dick. He complains about stuff being corny like a whiny-ass teenager who thinks he's too cool for school. But he's tolerated because we can see where a lot of his stuff is coming from, and he doesn't stick around to rub anyone's face in his own shit.

You may not have been trying to be funny, but apancoe wasn't either. He just is. And he at least knows when to quit.

Seriously. If you don't like a lot of what gets posted here, you can either try to interact with other users and bring something in for others to work with... or you can just stop coming around. As it is, I haven't seen anything of substance coming from you, just a lot of bad attempts at trolling, and I'm not going to be your momma and hold your hand for you.

Sorry. I will wait with baited breath for your next scintillating post on banana bread.

Show me how it's done.

Like, ****, had no idea that one or two posts about banana bread was such a faux pas and sin.

Please, YOU tell US how it should be done. I'll wait for your buzzfeed article about it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:53:42 pm by Chinguetti »

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2020, 06:32:14 pm »
I thought chimp's caricatures were pretty funny. I may be only one, but that's okay.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2020, 06:37:33 pm »

Show me how it's done.

Well, I couldn't remember who you are--guess maybe you're not as scintillating as you seem to think.  So I flipped through a few dozen of your posts and there was little of note except some misplaced sarcasm.  I fell asleep three times.  Pot, kettle, eh?
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2020, 08:05:02 pm »
I thought chimp's caricatures were pretty funny. I may be only one, but that's okay.

Nah, remember, he was just trying to be dumb as us lot around here.

But even bad fanfic writers get a few subscribers, so enjoy him while he lasts.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2020, 01:12:17 am »
You guys are receiving quite the wind-up, from a sock account, or, double agent.

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2020, 08:02:46 am »
chimp spent a lot of time trying to piggyback off of apancoe's post, and that had to stop. If you're going to try to Mean Girl the users here, do it right or don't bother. I swear to gawd it felt like I was reading my 10-year-old cousin's diary entry.

I was just mad I got called Spaghetti by a grown troll, lol. Do better.  >:(

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2020, 08:29:11 am »
Honestly, chimp is one of the more intelligent, insightful, and interesting posters on here, even if he's a troll. I laughed so hard when I read what he wrote. There's an element of truth to what he says.