Cough kyopo... cough

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: Corona cluster and EPIK teachers 'storm' in Gangwondo
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 11:53:36 am »
Cough kyopo... cough

That was the guy wanted for murder, wasn't it?  Whenever I receive criticism from a school I always point to this guy and say "Would you rather have a murderer in the classroom?" 

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 12:05:00 pm »
Just got words from my fellow Korean teacher.

Said the Korean public is in fume and demands that the entire NET program be eliminated. They're already complaining that during this entire fiasco, we're basically useless because we're not doing any work (which may apply to many but not all because I've been working my butt off every single day making online class materials since they announced to hold classes online.)

Every year the public complains and complains about shutting down the program and every year, the Office of Education cuts back positions in order to compromise. This situation has now put the entire NET population on a very thin thread.

I was looking to renew this year, even had the talk with my coteacher who wants me to renew, but with this situation happening I'm not sure if it will happen.
A very vocal minority, just like anti-American protesters here. Always hear about this every few years, it's almost like clockwork. Just like how NK shoots off those missiles everyone few years. At worst they'd cut drastically back. But tons of parents will still send their kids to English hagwons. Then a few years later they'll hire a lot to fill those eliminated positions as those same complaining parents find their little Min-Su is falling behind.

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2020, 01:05:02 pm »
Just got words from my fellow Korean teacher.

Said the Korean public is in fume and demands that the entire NET program be eliminated. They're already complaining that during this entire fiasco, we're basically useless because we're not doing any work (which may apply to many but not all because I've been working my butt off every single day making online class materials since they announced to hold classes online.)

Every year the public complains and complains about shutting down the program and every year, the Office of Education cuts back positions in order to compromise. This situation has now put the entire NET population on a very thin thread.

I was looking to renew this year, even had the talk with my coteacher who wants me to renew, but with this situation happening I'm not sure if it will happen.
In fume? Are you Afrikaans, by any chance?

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2020, 01:06:52 pm »
In fume? Are you Afrikaans, by any chance?

I am not. Just quoting my Korean English Teacher.

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2020, 01:12:28 pm »
Just quoting my Korean English Teacher.
Well I hope she's wrong :/ Some of us have families to support

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2020, 02:46:51 pm »
Normally I would jump in and ask you to come back home, but the entire world economy is in the shitter for the foreseeable future...
incumbo studiis