Read 10399 times

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Re: Flashing/"Burberry man"/ What's considered assault?
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2020, 08:25:19 am »
From Orwell's Animal Farm

It was also found that the stupider animals, such as the sheep, hens, and ducks, were unable to learn the Seven Commandments by heart. After much thought Snowball declared that the Seven Commandments could in effect be reduced to a single maxim, namely: "Four legs good, two legs bad."

They took a liking to it and would spend long periods bleating it repeatedly.

When they had once got it by heart, the sheep developed a great liking for this maxim, and often as they lay in the field they would all start bleating "Four legs good, two legs bad! Four legs good, two legs bad!" and keep it up for hours on end, never growing tired of it.

Napoleon saw this as an advantage and used their incessant bleating at crucial points during Snowball's speeches. They would suddenly burst out repeating the maxim loudly when Napoleon realized Snowball was getting the upper hand.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2020, 08:48:27 am »

I don't understand why the first reaction to my story was to negate and mock it.  The levels of bitterness coming from some of the males on this site leaves me a little crestfallen.

I can only speak for why I questioned it, and I did.  It was not mocking or negating it, as I think was the case with most who questioned it.  It was because the lack of details combined with the events made it very hard to picture how it happened.  There was some skepticism, but I don't think there was much outright disbelief.  To your credit, instead of bashing every poster who questioned your account you patiently explained the odd layout of your home and how the events unfolded and brought people around.  I hope you moved, or were moved, right away from a place that had a vantage point into your washroom.    And for those who claim your immediate reaction should always be instant belief, I disagree.  There is nothing wrong with questioning something you're unsure of.  As long as it isn't accompanied by insults or accusations. 

You also said: "Do mods have the authority to write things they want to using other people's accounts?  Appears so.  I think that is a serious breach. " 

I think this needs to be revisited as I've mentioned it before, and the minute I read your comment one name jumped to mind.  Kyndo, stop overreaching and changing people's posts.  It creates an inaccurate record of something they did not write or intend.  Either delete it or comment on it, but don't edit other people's posts. 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2020, 08:54:29 am »
In my opinion deleting comments and splitting threads is overreaching as well. Thereís quite a lot gone that dippedinblush, I, and others wrote.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2020, 09:12:38 am »
To your credit, instead of bashing every poster who questioned your account you patiently explained the odd layout of your home and how the events unfolded and brought people around.

This.

I was really REALLY impressed with how DIB explained the situation and answered the questions people had about the event. A great example of how to win people around (no that she had to do any 'winning' by the way) with words, not insults.

Then it was ruined by the male 'bitterness' comment.  Completely out of place, woke and just not needed. Too easy to wheel out the ye olde 'tHaTs rACiSt/sExISt' trope to attempt to win the discussion or argument. It's an instant L.

Also, yes, stop deleting things.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2020, 09:27:53 am »
Dippedinblush insulted posters who were doubting the story a lot - but those comments were deleted by Kyndo. Then she spoke on toxic masculinity. Then said she would cut me up and eat me like samgyeopsal. After the censoring she came across as civil and polite. So maybe no gold star is warranted.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2020, 09:29:11 am »
Dippedinblush insulted posters who were doubting the story a lot - but those comments were deleted by Kyndo. Then she spoke on toxic masculinity. Then said she would cut me up and eat me like samgyeopsal. After the censoring she came across as civil and polite. So maybe no gold star is warranted.

Well... I wasn't aware of these posts...

Kyndo?
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2020, 09:35:48 am »
I can only speak for why I questioned it, and I did.  It was not mocking or negating it, as I think was the case with most who questioned it.

If someone sets up a thread on an anonymous internet forum for people to tell the craziest story that's happened to them in Korea, surely the tone is more likely to resemble a lively conversation down the pub, rather than a safe space for people to garner sympathetic comments about their upsetting personal experiences.  If you're looking for the latter and it seems like you're not going to get it, my advice would be to retire from the thread immediately, before you get triggered, and tell your story elsewhere.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2020, 12:08:10 pm »
I think this needs to be revisited as I've mentioned it before, and the minute I read your comment one name jumped to mind.  Kyndo, stop overreaching and changing people's posts.  It creates an inaccurate record of something they did not write or intend.  Either delete it or comment on it, but don't edit other people's posts. 
Except to delete extreme cases of obscenities or personal attacks, I don't change the content of people's posts. Why would I?

And yeah, I did delete an argument that was threatening to derail this thread (which is already a derailment of another thread). The argument was a bit disturbing, wasn't relevant to the discussion, and was making people angry. So I killed it. I apologize if that seems overly censorious, but things can devolve pretty quickly, sometimes.  :sad:

Also, as I already explained, the first post was changed so as to introduce this new thread. I did that because it's impossible to delete, move, or replace the first post of a thread. I have no idea why that is. It's really inconvenient.
Anyway, I thought it was clear that I was the one who wrote the post, and not the poster, but I can certainly go back and make it even clearer, I suppose.   :smiley:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:27:29 pm by kyndo »

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2020, 12:46:51 pm »
HI!
THIS IS KYNDO HI-JACKING A RANDOM COMMENT SO AS TO INTRODUCE THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.
THE FOLLOWING WAS NOT WRITTEN, ENDORSED, OR POSSIBLY EVEN NOTICED BY DIPPEDINBLUSH.
I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT DIPPEDINBLUSH!

i love you kyndo. and you need to do this every time now

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2020, 12:56:17 pm »
Except to delete extreme cases of obscenities or personal attacks, I don't change the content of people's posts. Why would I?

Jesus Christ Kyndo, you're one of the most fu...nny, handsome, fit people on these boards.  You effortlessly use charm and persuasion in all your posts and leave a kind of lavender fragrance after you post.  I know you could teach me a thing or two about how to be as popular as you.  Seriously, you're like a.....king dick.

*edited by Kyndo*

*not really*

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2020, 01:05:52 pm »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2020, 01:20:10 pm »
People tend to react rather angrily if you say they're lying about something serious they experienced.

Mr. C once thought I was lying about something that happened with a student of mine. This wasn't the usual "Marty your story about X adventure in your night about something that in your deranged Marty eyes you see as mirthful or insightful is a crock of crap", it was something that involved a really distressing moment and he said I was just making it up. That really pissed me off to suggest I was lying about something like that. I had a few choice words and I think the posts were deleted and the thread locked.

Those are the things that can lead to fistfights at a bar, to continue the analogy stoat was using. You gotta be careful with those. You can ask for more clarification and you can express your doubts, but be prepared for that reaction.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2020, 01:56:15 pm »

Do you not remember that you had kept insinuated I was lying by trying to use my sexuality against me.  I called you a human pig.  I never used the term "toxic masculinity."  I never insulted any other posters but you and stoat who kept pushing and pushing.

You then, because I don't agree with Jordan Peterson's views, told the male posters on this to come and attack me with their proverbial pitchforks.  You are a real piece of work LI.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:59:27 pm by dippedinblush »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2020, 01:59:47 pm »
People tend to react rather angrily if you say they're lying about something serious they experienced.

Mr. C once thought I was lying about something that happened with a student of mine. This wasn't the usual "Marty your story about X adventure in your night about something that in your deranged Marty eyes you see as mirthful or insightful is a crock of crap", it was something that involved a really distressing moment and he said I was just making it up. That really pissed me off to suggest I was lying about something like that. I had a few choice words and I think the posts were deleted and the thread locked.

Those are the things that can lead to fistfights at a bar, to continue the analogy stoat was using. You gotta be careful with those. You can ask for more clarification and you can express your doubts, but be prepared for that reaction.

You could also agree to disagree.
I can understand getting frustrated over something that happened but, no one believing you; But to start fights over it is just really not cool man. (not directed at you, just at anyone who might start a fight over something like that).

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2020, 02:02:28 pm »
I never insulted any other posters but you and stoat who kept pushing and pushing.

You're coming across as a bit pathetic now. You're a grown adult presumably, if you don't want to answer people's questions on an internet forum, nobody's forcing you to. 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2020, 02:06:42 pm »
Dippedinblush,

I didnít question your story.

I didnít insinuate you were lying.

I just said donít lust over a married man.

You also said ďI didnít repeatedly use the term assault; I only said it onceĒ when you had in fact said it three terms prior to making that statement (as anyone reading both threads could clearly see). Why would I point out something petty like that now? Just to make a point people in general donít have the best memories / misremember things then unbeknownst to them give a false account of what happened.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2020, 02:15:36 pm »
A false account of the thread I mean. Itíd be better if all the posts were still there rather than removed. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2020, 02:59:49 pm »

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2020, 05:24:41 pm »
I want more diagrams. Also, can we get some color? Are the walls a nice biscuit? Sky blue? Eggshell white? And what of the location of the man with the umbrella and Keith Hernandez?

Also, as penance, Kyndo should have to hand write his posts for the next week and post them as images.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:28:06 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• Stefaneekaye
  • Veteran

• August 31, 2018, 11:14:30 am
    • Dangjin, South Korea
    more
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2020, 09:21:31 am »
So, as someone who has been assaulted multiple times, taken one of the assaulters to court, been ripped apart by defense counsel, had friends dismiss and say I was lying after losing the trial (statistically I already knew the chance of him being convicted for the sexual abuse, but still tried), had the friends who said I should report in the first place then say I was lying, people demand every detail humanly imaginable and then dismiss you because it isn't what they think it should be - Being repeatedly questioned and dismissed, after you've tried to be kind and retain a sense of normality through the trauma, is stressful. Sometimes, it rehashes that trauma more vividly in your memory and guess what? It's traumatic.

Maybe instead of attacking dippedinblush for being defensive when so many expressed consistent dismissal of her claims, despite even patiently providing even more information, it'd be better to acknowledge that you didn't have to experience it. Whether you believe it or not, there's a moment to recognize these are still other people on the other sides of their keyboards who deserve respect and you don't know how much the trauma could have affected them if it's real, so it's better to err on the side of caution.

If someone has experienced something serious such as this, repeatedly saying they shouldn't get emotional over it, or 'start fights,' comes from a place of privilege because you haven't had to deal with that. It's like telling someone who is depressed to just not be. Those experiences tend to have very visceral responses when brought up, especially when an attack on said experiences feels like an attack on your character.  It's very difficult to just let that stand. No, I didn't lie about my assaults, just like I'm sure dippedinblush or DeMartino didn't with his experience. But when it is constantly thrown back at us that we are lying, or it is insinuated, I think it is more than fair that we stand up for ourselves.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 09:41:59 am by Stefaneekaye »