Read 10417 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: The meanings behind a name / word
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2020, 03:37:19 pm »
as a faithful and god-fearing christian, i make sure to take all of my learnings from the holy book known as the bible. this is one of my favourites.

ďAnd if she be not obedient and healpeful unto him, endevoureth to beat the fear of God into her head, that thereby she may be compelled to learn her duty and do it.Ē

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2020, 03:38:10 pm »

Knocking one out behind a fridge is not assault.

this is a brand new sentence

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2020, 04:17:37 pm »
It'd be much better if we were all unaware of gender, age race and anything else on here so we could respond to what people say alone. I don't consciously shut out these things when responding to people but I guess I don't tend to notice them as much as others either.
The joys of Brits and Americans each telling each other how things are in their respective countrues with no way to verify. :undecided:

• Lazio
  • Super Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2020, 10:34:34 pm »
The police confirmed her testimony (she saw a man in a suit peeping at her through her windows as well) and saw him watching her while she was showering...and mine as well.  I had told you guys that he was watching us shower as well!

I just can't seem to get past some technical details. I've never seen a bathroom window in Korea that had clear glass. It's always the frosted kind which doesn't allow anyone to see inside. So how was this perv. able to see you and your neighbor? Didn't close the window? But why? Or did you have Korea's only clear glass bathroom window? But even then, you could've just put a blurry kind of sticker on the inside of the window, ending up with something that works like frosted glass: Allows light in but can't see through it. I'm not questioning the authenticity of the story or anything like that but I can't wrap my head around this.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
Re: Flashing/"Burberry man"/ What's considered assault?
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2020, 11:09:02 pm »
I can understand your confusion.  I dont know what company installed the windows but one side of the windows was frosted and the other was clear.  I have no idea why. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2020, 11:31:25 pm »
I dont know what company installed the windows but one side of the windows was frosted and the other was clear.   

Do you mean like one way glass???  :huh:

Also, while I'm at it. Sorry that this happened. I got called out a bit in the comments........ Yesterday? Or the day before. Quarantine, all gets mixed a bit.

But, truthfully, no one deserves this. UGH. Some guy creeping around. Can't imagine.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2020, 12:03:04 pm »
in this thread: lots of non-americans getting super tilted over the american legal definition of assault

More like a bunch of bored alt-right men arguing over who is best at explaining things to women. As usual the women and non-alt-rightists throw their hands up in disgust and disappear.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2020, 03:09:08 pm »
More like a bunch of bored alt-right men arguing over who is best at explaining things to women. As usual the women and non-alt-rightists throw their hands up in disgust and disappear.
While I agree with your point, like dude, you're not exactly at the top of anyone's list for tolerance, sensitivity, listening, and consideration either.

"You know who really shows concern and care for other people on this forum? MayorHaggar" said literally no one ever.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2020, 03:48:43 pm »
While I agree with your point, like dude, you're not exactly at the top of anyone's list for tolerance, sensitivity, listening, and consideration either.

"You know who really shows concern and care for other people on this forum? MayorHaggar" said literally no one ever.

Hahaha, too true.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2020, 08:30:41 pm »

Oh no the site's biggest troll said something mean about me. Go back to drinking bleach.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2020, 10:29:46 am »
Oh no the site's biggest troll said something mean about me. Go back to drinking bleach.
Thank you for proving my point. Also, nice self-awareness.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2020, 05:10:45 pm »
Do you mean like one way glass???  :huh:

Also, while I'm at it. Sorry that this happened. I got called out a bit in the comments........ Yesterday? Or the day before. Quarantine, all gets mixed a bit.

But, truthfully, no one deserves this. UGH. Some guy creeping around. Can't imagine.

Not a two-way mirror!  Just one side of the sliding window was frosted and one wasn't.  I appreciate the fact that you expressed some compassion for I went through at the time.  I completely regret posting this story on this site. 

As for the assault term...I can understand it if some people think that assault only means physical violence in some form, but...the fact that he broke into my home, and when I did notice him...he showed no sign of alarm or shame. He did not move...he kept doing his business.  I totally thought he was going to come after my friend and I which is why we moved from the room to that balcony and started shouting for help.  I thank God that I was not alone at the time!

That situation, coupled by the fact that he was watching/stalking me as I showered (and possibly any other time from other windows in my room) makes me  consider this an assault in some form.  I had legit anxiety issues after this, and was terrified in my own home all the time.

I don't understand why the first reaction to my story was to negate and mock it.  The levels of bitterness coming from some of the males on this site leaves me a little crestfallen.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 08:15:38 pm by dippedinblush »

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2020, 09:09:32 pm »
Also FTR I do not endorse this thread AT ALL...even though it was created with my username...without my knowledge or permission.

I never even wrote the first post, or the title (which changed a couple of times)...I don't know who wrote that in my name.  I wouldn't write that.  I didn't write that.

Do mods have the authority to write things they want to using other people's accounts?  Appears so.  I think that is a serious breach.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:31:25 pm by dippedinblush »

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2020, 09:37:03 pm »
Also FTR I do not endorse this thread AT ALL...even though it was created with my username...without my knowledge or permission.

I never even wrote the first post, or the title (which changed a couple of times)...I don't know who wrote that in my name.  I wouldn't write that.  I didn't write that.

Do mods have the authority to write things they want to using other people's accounts?  Appears so.  I think that is a serious breach.

Iíll go on record to apologize to dippedinblush. I think what happened to her would  be considered assault in most of our home countries. Just looking at the definition of assault wasnít accurate.

Again terrible you had to go through that.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2020, 11:14:02 pm »
Iíll go on record to apologize to dippedinblush. I think what happened to her would  be considered assault in most of our home countries. Just looking at the definition of assault wasnít accurate.

Again terrible you had to go through that.

It's all good, brother!  And thanks.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:31:01 pm by dippedinblush »

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2020, 07:26:05 am »
I will also go on record to state what a horrible experience that must have been for DIB. No one deserves that, locked door or no locked door. Originally, I will admit, I was sceptical just due to the bizarre nature of the story. But who am I to say that didn't happen.

I will also go on record to state that quote. ''The levels of bitterness coming from some of the males on this site leaves me a little crestfallen'' is completely unnecessary.

I will also go on record to state anyone using the buzzword 'alt-right' in 2020 should be disregarded instantly along with all future contributions they may provide.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2020, 08:14:20 am »

I'll join MayorHaggar in saying that you guys are being bit harsh on somebody who went out of her way to share a story. Apologies, Dippedinblush.

I also want to say that I was the one who started this thread.
A previous thread was being side-tracked, and rather than delete several pages on the off-topic conversation (which tends to make people upset), I decided to split the thread and give the new topic its own page.
Unfortunately, the mechanics of splitting threads means that the first post to be moved over becomes the OP, which can't be deleted or replaced.
 I erased the original commen (which wasn't relevant to the newly created topic at hand), and in its place put in a few sentences that defined the topic of the new thread. I pointed this out at the bottom of the OP comment, but I guess it wasn't entirely clear enough. Again, sorry Dippedinblush if you felt I was putting words in your mouth. That wasn't my intention.

To clarify, just as you have the ability to edit your own posts, mods have the ability to change a post that isn't their own (to, for example, delete insults etc from an otherwise decent comment). Insofar as I've discovered, we don't have the ability to mess with your accounts. Also, if a mod changes a post, there will be a record of it in the edit log at the very bottom of the post.

Also, the title of this thread *has* been changed several times, but I had nothing to do with it.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:26:09 am by kyndo »

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2020, 08:18:18 am »
Even when she declared ownership of a 1000cc Kia Morning  :laugh:

:laugh:

No wait

:lipsrsealed:

Something bad was said.

>:(

Dissing my wheels

:shocked:

Right, you!  Tomorrow, City Hall, 2pm.  A traffic light race from The Plaza Hotel to Gyeongbuk Palace.  The first to turn the nose of King Sejong wins.  Me and my sissy Morning and you and your 1.8T  :laugh:  What does the 'T' stand for terrible.  :P

Then a Dalgona coffee after with the requisite social distancing. 

Can't say simpler than that...

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2020, 09:17:57 am »
I don't understand why the first reaction to my story was to negate and mock it.  The levels of bitterness coming from some of the males on this site leaves me a little crestfallen.

I am not even surprised by the mansplaining at this point!  :blank:

I had a weird phone incident recently (thought the guy was recording me apparently he wasn't, my paranoid ass is still 50/50 on this) but it did cause me quite a lot of anxiety so I can imagine it was way worse for you to have someone come into your home! Stay strong!

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2020, 12:33:14 pm »
I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Kyndo's take on the diagram. I feel like he would have added Roman columns, vases, and "Hanging Portrait of Erasmus of Rotterdam" into it.

Anyways, as far as assault, when you combine trespass+sexual misconduct, yeah that's assault (or near enough to it) and there really shouldn't be any argument over it. Heck, in some states that's enough to justify putting six rounds into their torso and be done with the paperwork in a couple of hours.