Read 10406 times

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Re: The meanings behind a name / word
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2020, 09:21:34 am »
Stoat was taking the piss out of "off-the-deep-end leftists," btw.

My apologies to Stoat then - I'm a bit new here, so it's hard to tell when people are being serious or not without a /s thrown in somewhere!

It's funny, every time you try to satarise the left these days, a while later someone comes along and says the same thing in all seriousness.  :smiley:

If dippedinblush feels they were assaulted, then it was an assault! Can people please stop trying to invalidate other people's feelings? It happened to dippedinblush, they know how they feel about it! End of!

I remember Andrew Doyle (comedian) saying something similar happened to him when he acccused Mary Poppins of black face in the chimney sweep scene, and a few months later someone on the Guardian said the same thing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 09:24:57 am by stoat »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2020, 09:28:22 am »
and @CO2 are you suggesting that rapists and people who commit sexual harassment in the workplace are being treated the same? i assume that's not what you're saying but that's what it seems like... obviously the sentencing/punishment is different depending on the crime. and i don't think anyone would disagree that one of those is clearly worse than the other
I understand what you're saying. I just don't like wide events of varying severity and nature using pretty serious terms for the whole basket. Assault means battery to me.

These things don't change the events of what actually happened, the victims were all wronged in some way. For them the definitions don't matter, and I totally respect that. A violation of their autonomy was done, and my heart goes out to them. It's just that using assault for a whole litany of things doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I mean, clearly, if someone came up to me crying and said they were sexually assaulted, I'm not going to get them to get a dictionary and prove it to me. That's not the time. But in discussions afterwards, I think we can ask questions and discuss these definitions, without being accusatory or demeaning victims.

The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2020, 09:35:27 am »
in this thread: lots of non-americans getting super tilted over the american legal definition of assault

but yeah i get what you're saying too CO2. i think you'd be similarly confused if someone came up to you saying "i was just assaulted!" but they hadn't actually been hit. and that's 100% fair. but (like you said) what we shouldn't do is start saying "omg no you weren't. REEEE look at a dictionary, you didn't even get hit. REEEEEEEEE words have meaning!! you can't just..[and so on]"

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2020, 09:37:13 am »
No, I don't. But I do think you are a ****. Thanks Xi.

The American definition is important to DIB (although I though she said she was Canadian somewhere) But to others (AKA reality) the ACTUAL definition is what is important. Especially within criminal procedure.

Like CO2 Said. "HELP I was assaulted!!!'' ''Oh no! Are you OK? What happened!?'' ''Someone said I had a nice arse'' ''Oh... well. That's not assault...'' ''Huh? But I feel assaulted!!'' ''Yeah... but what you FEEL isn't important IRL''

"Your honour, I wish to press assault charges against this man for saying I had a nice arse'' ''Erm...OK, but that's not a crime, it's not assualt'' ''Yes, but your honour it felt like assault to me'' ''Erm...OK yeah, I'm sorry you feel this way, but it's not a crime, it's not assault.'' ''WHAT!? But your honour, I really really really really feel assaulted." "Sure! I get you, I feel you. It's not assault though"

Perhaps a sh*tty thing to do (particularly if you are rad-fem) and you could argue this person was 'emotionally assaulted' you seem like a **** who would do that, but it's not 'assault'.

Thanks again, Xi.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2020, 09:39:46 am »
This is a test. Posted in this thread a few minutes ago but can't see it.

EDIT: Okay, not a problem with my posting rights in this thread, I just have a phantom post that isn't showing up for some reason, lol.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 09:41:27 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2020, 09:40:01 am »
'Two peanuts were walking down the street.  One was a salted'

eh!

* tumbleweed*

eh!

* crickets *

tough crowd!

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2020, 09:40:06 am »
Didn't we have this a while back with that kid who dongchimmed a teacher?

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2020, 09:43:08 am »
No, I don't. But I do think you are a ****. Thanks Xi.

The American definition is important to DIB (although I though she said she was Canadian somewhere) But to others (AKA reality) the ACTUAL definition is what is important. Especially within criminal procedure.

Like CO2 Said. "HELP I was assaulted!!!'' ''Oh no! Are you OK? What happened!?'' ''Someone said I had a nice arse'' ''Oh... well. That's not assault...'' ''Huh? But I feel assaulted!!'' ''Yeah... but what you FEEL isn't important IRL''

"Your honour, I wish to press assault charges against this man for saying I had a nice arse'' ''Erm...OK, but that's not a crime, it's not assualt'' ''Yes, but your honour it felt like assault to me'' ''Erm...OK yeah, I'm sorry you feel this way, but it's not a crime, it's not assault.'' ''WHAT!? But your honour, I really really really really feel assaulted." "Sure! I get you, I feel you. It's not assault though"

Perhaps a sh*tty thing to do (particularly if you are rad-fem) and you could argue this person was 'emotionally assaulted' you seem like a **** who would do that, but it's not 'assault'.

Thanks again, Xi.

In what world are people lodging criminal complaints directly to judges?

It seems like you're just creating a situation to give yourself the opportunity to get angry about it. Damn those feminists ruining everything.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2020, 09:49:34 am »

eh!

* tumbleweed*

eh!

* crickets *

tough crowd!

Omelettes has finally cracked. Her brain is scrambled, but  look at the sunny-side, your troubles are over, easy.

Maybe you can poach some IQ from Mr DeM Big Brain Man.

Or the Hard Boiled LIC.

With a side of AvecPommeFrites.

Where's Eggieguffer?

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2020, 09:50:17 am »

eh!

* tumbleweed*

eh!

* crickets *

tough crowd!

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2020, 09:51:39 am »
In what world are people lodging criminal complaints directly to judges?

It seems like you're just creating a situation to give yourself the opportunity to get angry about it. Damn those feminists ruining everything.

Let's take a step back. DIB told story about some bloke knocking one out in her room.

- Debate regarding authenticity of story
- CO2's epic sketch
- Rando white knight defence
- Debate over 'assualt' vocabulary.
- Thread split
- Post about use of words in criminal procedure

In no world are people lodging criminal complaints to judges. You ****.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:01:30 am by Colburnnn »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2020, 09:51:46 am »

"Of All The GIF Joints In All The Towns In All The World, He Walks Into Waygook."

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2020, 10:05:42 am »
Let's take a step back. DIB told story about some bloke knocking one out in her room.

- Debate regarding authenticity of story
- CO2's epic sketch
- Rando white knight defence
- Debate over 'assualt' vocabulary.
- Thread split
- Post about use of words in criminal procedure

Just in this imaginary scenario in your head. Unless you're going around calling people "your honour" on a regular basis. Then my mistake

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2020, 10:10:32 am »
Just in this imaginary scenario in your head. Unless you're going around calling people "your honour" on a regular basis. Then my mistake

Errrrrrrrrrrm... K?

Annnnyyyway... I do have a nice arse! Thank you! A little hairy by my own admission and I'm a late bloomer so didn't have a name like CO2 at University, but honestly thank you for noticing.

Maaan that's what we need these days. More compliments.

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2020, 12:25:45 pm »
The fact that people seem to be claiming you can get some kind of definitive truth from the names people call themselves on an anonymous internet forum, makes you wonder about their ability to understand human psychology.  Mr De Martino - obviously an italian guy, right?
As I said, it is NOT definitive, but it is an indicator that one can note. That and the writing style (less definitive) and most importantly, the content of their posts.
Also, Mr.DeMartino is obviously a fan of a TV show, not someone Italian, unless you think someone calling themselves Worf is actually Klingon. But it IS highly probable that they are male.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:30:04 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2020, 12:30:25 pm »
It'd be much better if we were all unaware of gender, age race and anything else on here so we could respond to what people say alone. I don't consciously shut out these things when responding to people but I guess I don't tend to notice them as much as others either.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2020, 02:25:34 pm »

[/quote]
No, I don't. But I do think you are a ****.

really wondering about the meaning of colburnn's favorite word "****"

and, MY DUDE... for the last time: the american LEGAL definition of assault says nothing about actual contact. it only requires a reasonable FEAR (wow! it's fear, a feeling!) of bodily injury

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2020, 03:02:41 pm »
 :laugh: you too, bud!

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2020, 03:05:58 pm »
Stop deleting things, mods/kyndo.

Knocking one out behind a fridge is not assault.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2020, 03:18:17 pm »

and, MY DUDE... for the last time: the american LEGAL definition of assault says nothing about actual contact. it only requires a reasonable FEAR (wow! it's fear, a feeling!) of bodily injury

Ah yes of course my bad I forgot that America is the only English-speaking country that exists and their definition is most certainly the original definition and the only one that matters